Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t yet have a thread dedicated to this amazing brand and Founder/CEO, Danessa Myricks. She launched her line at Sephora in February 2021. I have been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from her brand! I have been following her on Instagram for many years prior to that and was so excited for her to come to my favorite beauty retailer, Sephora. As a makeup artist, she always seems so genuine, warm and positive, and her line was founded on inclusivity and creativity.

On her website, she has instructional videos, some free and some for subscribers or purchase. She does incredible looks with color, but I’ve always been impressed with her complexion looks on all skin colors, tones, and textures. I started following her when I was working part time as a makeup artist at Sephora and I wanted to become more familiar with makeup colors on darker skin tones.

My first purchases from her line were the Colorfix pigments, which can be used anywhere, can be mixed together, and are incredibly versatile. They come in mattes and shimmers/foils in a massive range of colors. Most recently I have absolutely fallen in love with herDanessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork Vol. IV: Transcendence Palette - Illuminating Eye & Face Pigments . It is a phenomenally stunning palette with shades that are guaranteed to turn heads!

Even though I’ve even on a foundation no buy, I couldn’t resist her Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundationand Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide .

I’ve added a pic of my current DM collection below. I’m missing a couple items from this pic, so I’ll update once I have everything together. 

So, please join me in sharing your loves and observations and pics from this great beauty line! Please post here and tag me if you catch announcements of any beauty releases or other news!

DM Sephora Brand Page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/danessa-myricks-beauty

2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg

From the DM Website:

73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg

Tags:

Re: The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

New set for holiday! Definitely ordering this one, it looks so pretty. My collection of chrome flakes is increasing, I love them so much! 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Dynamic Chrome Duo for Face & Eyes 

IMG_3988.png

It’s so pretty! Mine arrives Monday, but not before I have to leave town for 4 days! 😢😢😢 @SportyGirly125 

@SportyGirly125 @CynthieLu  I just watched Danessa’s IG Reel of swatches and it looks very good! I’m curious to see how different some these shades are from a few in Lightwork IV, and III for that matter. But I’m definitely looking forward to launch day. 

Well that looks spectacular 😍 @SportyGirly125 thank you for posting! 

IG confirms, she is releasing a new lightwork palette!! Omg!

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Hmm… could it be a Lightwork V palette? Maybe? (Please?) 

Still screenshot of motion gif image from today’s teaser email.Still screenshot of motion gif image from today’s teaser email.

I was hoping the new palette would be revealed tomorrow at Sephoria, even though I’m not attending. Not sure that’ll happen since the weather decided to be jerks about it (and I feel for all in-person attendees, as well as event planners and brand/vendor participants). If not, we’ll have to wait til October 7th to learn what’s coming, unless it’s leaked before then. 

It is!!!!! @WinglessOne 💖😍🥰

@CynthieLu  Heh, I just saw the latest IG teaser post. Can’t wait to see the full palette! 

Meant to post this much earlier, but there’s still time for anyone interested. This is just for orders placed within the US; sorry, Canadians. Posting as copied (from the promo email) text in a table because my tablet will upload a screenshot of the email only at 1MB size, which is ridiculous: 

Hi DMB Fam! 

Help us celebrate our CEO and Founder Danessa's birthday in style! 🎂🎈

To make this day even more special, we're offering FREE shipping on all domestic orders over $53.00 USD [at Danessa’s retail site]. 🚚

Don't miss out on this limited-time offer! 

Shop now and join the celebration! 

Thank you for choosing us, and happy shopping! 

XOXO, 
The DMB Team 

Offer valid only on September 19, 2023, from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PM EST for domestic orders within the United States. Free shipping applies to orders with a total value exceeding $53.00 USD before taxes and after coupon codes. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Danessa Myricks Beauty reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotion at any time without notice. Standard shipping terms and conditions apply.

Also, Danessa had a masterclass plus one of her usual Teach Me Tuesdays today. I attended the masterclass and will watch the recorded second session later. I’m grateful and impressed that she spent a good chunk of her birthday doing live tutorials. I’ve said this before (probably in this thread) but: Danessa Myricks is one of the very few pro MUAs that come across (to me) as genuine—no fake or intentionally exaggerated positivity, for instance—and make me wanna kick back and chat with them over coffee (or tea, or wine, or whatever). 

During the masterclass, she focused on contouring and used the Groundwork palette, along with several other products in her catalog: Dew It All palette, Colorfix Liquid Metals, Vision Flush, Illuminating Veil, Evolution Powder, etc. It was good to see Groundwork used in several different ways, but also to see other products used with it. And yeah, I ordered Groundwork—yesterday, in fact, with my latest Rouge Reward (along with another Patrick Ta blush I kept saying I’d get). Now I’m glad I kept holding off on using that $100 and waited for something potentially wonderful to spend it on (in addition to that blush)! 

Thanks for the post! I agree, she seems so lovely and joyful! I just mentioned that I expect to pick up Groundwork sometime soon, and I’m stilll considering that super bright pink Patrick Ta blush duotoo! @WinglessOne 

Crosspost from product releases, it's a face/eye/lip palette

Screenshot_20230819-184147.png

Screenshot_20230819-183147.png

Danessa Myricks Beauty

Groundwork Defining Neutrals Palette

Arriving September 4th

Cross post from The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.) 

Swatches of Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Defining Neutrals - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips 

Top row is the Shape n' Fix powders, bottom is the Velvet Pomade 

Shades are from left to right:

Sandstone, Desert, Mirage, Chiseled, Sculpted, Stone, Core, Harvest, Bark and Tourmaline

Daylight (before sunset)

PXL_20230919_215337323.jpg

How did the formulas feel @danielledanielle ?

Some new shades of colorfix! 3 new shades I think, I missed the Teach Me Tuesday, but I think she reposted on IG. 

IMG_9662.png

Yes! Don't they look vibrant @sister13  She announced them last week and used them. She also used them this week as well @sister13  🤩 

I wish I could catch every Teach me Tuesday but my life is tooo hectic 😅

She also hinted about a palette drop 🤩 ummm excited!!

I know! Same!  A new palette  would be amazing!!! 💗💗💗 @CynthieLu 

I think Danessa had been hinting about a new palette this October 🥳🥳🥳 or the end of the year 😉 **totally unconfirmed**

BUT I really hope so!

Cross posting from the deals thread.

IMG_1310.png

I snapped up another one of her blush/lip flush. I'm on my way to having maybe to many lol 😆 😉 there's no such thing right?

MTXX_MH20230615_074330023.jpg

Swatch in Spoiler:

Spoiler
MTXX_MH20230615_074309949.jpg

🤩

This is a gorgeous color, @CynthieLu!

176 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos98
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liners
  • I lightly finger-diffused the left end of each swatch.
  • 1 Inglot cream shadow and 2 Danessa Myricks cream highlighters.
  • hauls2022-April-13-eyelinerswatch.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Lightwork vol. III Mini. Couldn’t catch the duochrome shift on some of these swatches very well in my bathroom lighting.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
  • The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
  • 73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg
  • 82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
  • 2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg
  • 50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg
  • D7D84DE4-B935-4C42-89D6-16578BE412BF.jpeg
  • 1EDFA3A4-E425-48EA-BA0B-72E6FA6508BD.jpeg
  • 624DC076-237D-456B-9E84-90E09DB830B0.jpeg
  • B03E28F5-DBAE-4F57-87E4-5E1D635D2EDF.jpeg
testing