Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t yet have a thread dedicated to this amazing brand and Founder/CEO, Danessa Myricks. She launched her line at Sephora in February 2021. I have been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from her brand! I have been following her on Instagram for many years prior to that and was so excited for her to come to my favorite beauty retailer, Sephora. As a makeup artist, she always seems so genuine, warm and positive, and her line was founded on inclusivity and creativity.

On her website, she has instructional videos, some free and some for subscribers or purchase. She does incredible looks with color, but I’ve always been impressed with her complexion looks on all skin colors, tones, and textures. I started following her when I was working part time as a makeup artist and I wanted to become more familiar with makeup colors on darker skin tones.

My first purchases from her line were the Colorfix pigments, which can be used anywhere, can be mixed together, and are incredibly versatile. They come in mattes and shimmers/foils in a massive range of colors. Most recently I have absolutely fallen in love with herDanessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork Vol. IV: Transcendence Palette - Illuminating Eye & Face Pigments . It is a phenomenally stunning palette with shades that are guaranteed to turn heads!

Even though I’ve even on a foundation no buy, I couldn’t resist her Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundationand Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide .

I’ve added a pic of my current DM collection below. I’m missing a couple items from this pic, so I’ll update once I have everything together. 

So, please join me in sharing your loves and observations and pics from this great beauty line! Please post here and tag me if you catch announcements of any beauty releases or other news!

DM Sephora Brand Page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/danessa-myricks-beauty

2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg

From the DM Website:

73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg

Tags:

Re: The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

I’m behind in my updates since I’ve been locked out of BIC due to login errors (grrrrr!) I have a bunch of things to report on! 

I was thrilled to receive the latest launch - some new Colorfixes to try. As you can see from my pics above, I already love Colorfix and I am super excited to try all of these. For now, I just tried Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Bunny and Vamp. 

ALSO, these showcase the new logo as you can see - so fun to see! 

These are waterproof cream paints - there are 4 new pastels and 4 new mattes - I think 40 shades now at Sephora and tons more on Danessa direct. The pastels are available at Sephora now. I used Bunny, this gorgeous pastel pink on eyes, and then mixed Vamp and Bunny with a gloss for this custom shade for lips and cheeks. You could make this deeper or lighter which is so nice and flexible. Most of the ones I have now are shimmers, so I’m glad to try more mattes!  They are so versatile and can be used all over the face (and body) and they LAST 24 hours! Love them!

I’ll post swatches soon. Did anyone pick any of these new ones these up?

IMG_2477.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

New pastels: 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Dreamsicle 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Oasis 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Sundaze 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Bunny 
IMG_2485.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg

My new and old Colorfixes!

IMG_2496.jpeg

I've been really excited to see what your PR packages were going too look like @sister13 DM is so generous and incredibly sweet. 🩵🩷 The CF Pastels are so beautiful on you. I love the way they look, and how you applied them. 😍

I admire the way this brand evolves and changes, she's always coming out with something new and exciting.

You hit the nail on the head! Such creative products but still wearable and versatile. Plus, she’s just so positive and warm. @CynthieLu 

Congratulations on receiving such a fabulous gift and letter, @sister13 ! 🥳  The colors look lovely on you! 🥰  I can't believe there are so many in this line.  Enjoy playing with the new and old.

Thank you! I just counted, there are 102 on her website (give or take). Amazing! @Titian06 

@sister13 so lovely

Thank you! @CorgiMommy 

Ahhh I'm so jealous! This might be one of the best PR packages I've seen. That is so awesome. That pink is glorious on you. @sister13 Congratulations!!

Thank you so much, I was blown away! I was traveling and made my husband open it, lol. I already love this formula. I was looking them up and I can't believe how many shades there are! I was kind of searching for a lipstick and blush after doing my eyes and I wasn't sure what to do, and then I thought to mix these two Colorfix shades - the possibilities are truly endless! @makeitup305 

Product page is up! This page definitely looks more neutral-y, which makes sense. I think it’s so pretty, I like how they showed the looks and which shades were used.

https://www.sephora.com/product/danessa-myricks-beauty-groundwork-palette-blooming-romance-eyeshadow...

Wow, it's sooooo different in each photo @sister13 

I know! So different! @danielledanielle 

This looks so pretty! From

the Danessa Myricks Beauty website. Interesting, though it looks more contrast-y vs the other photos I’ve seen so far. I can’t wait! 

IMG_0104.png

Oooh, so excited for this one!!! 

IMG_9161.png

@sister13 I CANNOT WAIT. I love the whole face concept from these palettes and this one looks amazing to me. I will be ordered on the day or release, which is also my birthday! 

It looks gorgeous! Super excited - and happy birthday! @ChristalM 

@sister13 Ah thanks 🙂

Mixed feelings @sister13 .  Like, I wanna have it to have it, but I still have some heavily pink palettes (UD Backtalk, Motherships VII & VIII, Modern Renaissance).  If I can get a deal, of course, but otherwise 🤷🏽‍♀️😂

Also, I am like duhhhh 🤦🏽‍♀️ of course there's another one, that's why the name of the 1st Groundwork wasn't just Groundwork, it was Groundwork: defining neutrals.  Like, calling a movie "_____: chapter one" you know there's going to be a sequel!   So if I pass on the berry, maybe there will be another one (like a green?!?!).  Ugh, I would love a green or violette palette that I could just wear without having to adjust the shades.

I do think you’re right, there will probably be more of them! I’m just so curious now what it will look like in real life because the product shots look quite different so far. @danielledanielle 

@sister13  Despite being beyond tired of the market’s continuous pink palette flood, this one piques my interest for its multi-use potential. Not sure I’ll buy it, but I’m interested enough to swatch it in person if/when it hits Sephora. 

163 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos86
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liners
  • I lightly finger-diffused the left end of each swatch.
  • 1 Inglot cream shadow and 2 Danessa Myricks cream highlighters.
  • hauls2022-April-13-eyelinerswatch.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Lightwork vol. III Mini. Couldn’t catch the duochrome shift on some of these swatches very well in my bathroom lighting.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
  • The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
  • 73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg
  • 82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
  • 2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg
  • 50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg
  • D7D84DE4-B935-4C42-89D6-16578BE412BF.jpeg
  • 1EDFA3A4-E425-48EA-BA0B-72E6FA6508BD.jpeg
  • 624DC076-237D-456B-9E84-90E09DB830B0.jpeg
  • B03E28F5-DBAE-4F57-87E4-5E1D635D2EDF.jpeg
testing