Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@TraceyEB   I will let you know. ๐Ÿ˜‰  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6 YES! We're in the same boat. I had to work on the past weekend.  So what did i do? I went over SpaceNK and ordered 2 Chantecaille lip sparks.;)

@blackkitty2014   Did you get to take part in the $20 off of $100 sale?  I hope so!

Yes I did @Ispend2much6 ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜

The YouTubers Hey It's Jackeline and Michele Wang do a comparison of Stoned Rose palette, Glowing Beauty Palette, and Filmstar Bronze and Glow.

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Stoned Rose lipstick released with the Stoned Rose palette.

More swatches of the Stoned Rose palette from British Beauty Blogger @alexasteph.  It looks much warmer here than in other swatches.

@Ispend2much6 @Sunnysmom I watched Ali M's Beauty video applying the Stoned Rose palette, and she describes it as a peachy version of the Golden Goddess quad. She also noted that the swatches didn't make it stand out but the palette as a whole, when applied, looks very flattering as an everyday look. I thought the blush shades pop the eyeshadows beautifully. She had also heard that the lipstick may be a different shade than the pink-toned version originally released. I wondered about that as mine is pink and the promo picks look orange. I'm going to pick it up the palette.

@TraceyEB   Thank you!  The more info the better. ๐Ÿ™‚

The samples that I've had of Stoned Rose lately (that come on a card with all of the basic shades) shows up as orange on me, which is why I never bought it.

Good info thanks @TraceyEB ! Will be good to see yours and hear your thoughts on it. Iโ€™ve yet to watch a video but will today! Thanks for your thoughts! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thanks for this @Ispend2much6 , agree too warm probably. Hope she gets the hint to do much cooler one for us ! This still reminds me of my first one I got from Nordstrom as anniversary exclusive years ago. At least in this pic it does. Bronzer is too dark, highlighter so so and thereโ€™s one good neutral blush and amber shadow I like. ๐Ÿ˜•Iโ€™m much better off with just the Sophisticate, Uptown and Rock Chick shadows. Money saved I guess. I hope! Will be so good to see othersโ€™ swatches once they get em. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Sunnysmom   It will be interesting!

@Ispend2much6 Thanks! That does look really warm, and like everyone, Iโ€™m pretty tapped out on warm shades. GGB looks not as warm. Weโ€™ll see what I decide to do haha. I will head out for some shopping tomorrow and thereโ€™s no way to know exactly what Iโ€™ll come home with ๐Ÿ˜ณ I really donโ€™t need anything new... and I donโ€™t really have extra money to spend (I was hit with some unexpected expenses recently), but I just really really need a ridiculous shopping spree right now. 

@alexasteph   I get it.  When my body doesn't behave for awhile, I feel like a treat.  And makeup is calorie-free. ๐Ÿ™‚  You're welcome by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Ispend2much6 I took a look at GGB in store, and while I think I would love it for travel, Iโ€™m planning to pick up the upcoming 12-pan Pillow Talk palette, so Iโ€™ll just hold of fun until then! I did get a lip lacquer with my $25 off though, so my CT collection grew a bit haha.  

@alexasteph   The eye palette sounds great! 

@Ispend2much6 Iโ€™m really looking forward to it. 

@Ispend2much6 Yupp. The body hasnโ€™t been behaving! I finally feel at least somewhat well enough to hit the shops and do some damage. And itโ€™s been quite a long time since I updated some pieces in my wardrobe so I feel itโ€™s justified. 

Thinking out loud here: So the Glowing Beauty palette was pretty much a bust for me.  The eye shadows are muddy on me, especially because the Eye Brighten shade is pretty dark on me, so there is very little contrast in order to make the other two work for me.  The shadows feel buttery when applying, but they don't apply as smoothly as the Uptown Girl quad that I have.

If I knew that Stoned Rose was cooler than Glowing Beauty, that would help a lot.  I just don't know what to think.  And, you know, I guess I don't have to decide right now! What a concept.

RE: Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

This is her first palette I am really drawn to. The colors are what I like (except wish middle eyeshadow was a matte) and I love the idea of having one palette to do my whole face in the morning. Problem is of course that I have (more than) enough eyeshadows, blush, bronzer, and highlighter to last for a while lol and Iโ€™m trying to pan a few things in 2020. I wish this wasnโ€™t limited edition.

@Ispend2much6 well I have no impulse control and bought it haha so I'm happy to swatch both for you when it comes!

testing