Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

@CookieGirl1  Since Glossier discontinued their Play line, I thought they'd given up on bold coverage makeup. But maybe they haven't after all. 😂 These can be applied more sheerly if I use a light hand and do a single pass on my lips. I like that they're more pigmented than expected, though.  

Thank you for the tag, @WinglessOne. I hadn’t planned on picking these up as I was iffy on the formula. I like goopy glosses and long-lasting lipstick. This looked like neither to me, until I saw them on your lips!

I will need to repurchase Boy Brow in July, so now I think I will add one of these to my cart. Thank you for the swatches and detailed description 🙌🏼

@eshoe  Can't wait to see which one you choose! 

@WinglessOne @Thank you for the tag and sharing! Sounds like it’s a much better formula than their other one! The shades look really pretty on you !!

@Kim888  Oh man, I hated the Generation G shade I bought. I mean the shade was pretty, but the formula was too dry for me. I only ever wore it as a very sheer lip stain, blotted on with finger. The Ultralips are much more comfy, unless you hate feeling like your lips are heavy-thick-balm (almost wax lips) coated. It honestly took me a few minutes to adjust to that feeling. 

It'll be interesting to see how pigmented they are on other people's lips. Apparently I'm an anomaly because PMG's non-astral Lip Fetish Balms have all been quite pigmented on me—even on my darker upper lip. 🤷‍♀️ 

They look amazing on you @WinglessOne . Thanks for this helpful info.  I have not gotten any yet tho several are waiting in my cart! How great that they are so glossy yet still pigmented! 

Thanks @Sunnysmom ! If you pull the trigger on them, I hope they work out for you! 

Yeah I will let you know if I do pick any up @WinglessOne ! And on pigmentation too as my lips are quite pale so it’ll be interesting to see. So far Gucci balm gives me the most color. Interesting that Pat M are for you! 

@WinglessOne They look so perfect on you. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! Do you plan to buy any of these yourself? 

@WinglessOne Not at the moment. Trying to figure out how much money PMG is going to cost me.  Still trying to narrow down the blushes and what else I want from the launch 

"Glossier Just Added Two New Products To Its Body Collection"

ZombieMetroAnt_0-1603846890694.jpeg  

An exfoliating bar ($14), which is designed to be used in the palm of your hand to slough away dry skin. It contains bamboo powder, sunflower seed oil, and aloe leaf juice, and promises to leave the skin silky, soft, and smooth. It's also a great option for those concerned about plastic waste (which we all should be these days!), as the particles in the bar are said to be biodegradable. Also, as a solid bar, it's a great alternative to a plastic tube of body wash.  

Then the Dry-Touch Oil Mist, ($28) which is a lovely, lightweight alternative to the existing body cream. The spray bottle houses a fast-absorbing oil that dries down quickly and promises not to leave the skin greasy or sticky. In other words, it's perfect for those of us who get impatient waiting for our body butter to sink in before we can get dressed. The oil's ingredients list features sunflower seed, grapeseed, and oat oils for peak moisture and hydration. 

ZombieMetroAnt_1-1603847010136.jpeg

Looks like they're available on their site already.  Also, if anyone is part of the Conde Nast Try It Program, you may get an email soon...

Spoiler
b0.PNG

For anyone in the Boston area, I stopped by the Glossier Pop-Up in Seaport on Sunday and made it out alive! I totally forgot to take pictures because it was super crowded but here are two press photos 🙂

glossier 2.jpgGlossier.jpg

Pop-Up Details: 

Glossier Boston Pop-Up @ the Current
85 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210

Aug 7th to Oct 4th

M-Sun: 11am to 7pm

Spoiler

Crowds aside, the pop-up occupies all of the Current huts, all painted pink and brightly lit, I think 9 total. The huts are pretty small (claustrophobically so) with one of them devoted entirely to selfies/IG pics (there's a giant "G" inside), one is for order pickup, and the others are for testing and trying on all the glossier products.

Each hut has a few peppy Glossier employees in powder pink jumpsuits, eager to help you swatch, test, repeat. To keep track of your likes, there's a tri-fold card and pencils (kinda like ikea) where you can mark which products you're in to. When you're ready to place your order, the employees enter it into a tablet, swipe your card, then direct you to wait outside the "orders" hut for pick-up in about 15 minutes. In addition to the regular glossier products, you can also buy some boston themed swag (pins, pens, hat, notepad?).

The order pick-up is slightly chaotic, there's a giant crowd of people just hovering in a semi-circle around the hut, waiting to hear their name shouted. Not the most efficient, especially if you don't hear your name the first time around. Orders come packaged in their signature pink bubble pouch with one sample inside and a free sticker!

My order 🙂

IMG_20190812_091421.jpg

Overall, it's a great way to swatch and test EVERYTHING Glossier has to offer (I didn't look at any skincare, but all the color/play/complexion products were out) and then take it home with you right away. There's even one hut devoted to just brows where you can get your brows done, but there were so many people waiting, it just wasn't worth it. If small, crowded spaces freak you, DEFINITELY wait till NOT the weekend, most of the huts felt like a standing-room only house party, just more pink, some even had lines outside. Factor in 15-20 minutes of your time to wait for them to pick your order (there's no actual product for sale in the huts, just testers).

My goal was to try out the new brow flick (pass) but I ended up picking up a new stretch concealer, a gen G matte lip balm, and re-upping my bow brow. There were two new shades of Cloud Paint I didn't have and all the Play line of products that were super fun, just not quite my taste at the moment. Overall, fun to check out if you're in the area.

Glossier opened a pop-up shop for a couple months in Boston. I've never tried anything from them before, and I'm wondering if there are any must-haves that I should check out? Obviously, I'll look in to Boy Brow, but what else is awesome? 

@snoflakefaerie Good reminder! I totally forgot they were having a pop-up shop! I want to check out the new brow flick and maybe pick up some of the matte lip balms. I've got 4 colors of the cloud paint and LOVE them (if you're into blush) and also a fan of boy brow. The stretch concealer and foundation are nice also, but it's basically zero coverage, I feel like it just baaaaarely evens out my skin tone. Truly a no-makeup makeup, not my fave.

I've never tried any of the skincare, and from what I heard from my friends, it's nothing special, especially if you've already gotten a regime and products that work. 

Thanks for the recs @MissPuff . I’ll definitely check out the cloud paint, I’ve been looking for some new fun blushes.

@snoflakefaerie  forgot to tag you, I went to the pop-up on sunday since I had some time to kill before an airport pick up, left some thoughts up above!

Oh awesome. I thought about going over the weekend, but given your description, I'm glad I didn't. I definitely get overwhelmed with crowds in small spaces. I'll hit it up during the week sometime. @MissPuff 

@snoflakefaerie  Between the gorgeous weather and it being the first weekend, I'm not surprised it was a bit of a mad house. There were quite a few dads just huddled in corners, trying to avoid getting in the way of overly eager ladies. One person actually got door-ed from someone coming in! Seaport is still such a weird area to me, but I imagine during the week it would be less crazy. Have fun! 

Has anyone tried the new Mango Balm.Com?  I've never tried a single Glossier product but for some reason that new lippie is calling me.

I just have the coconut one, I love it. I use it on my li...

I just have the coconut one, I love it. I use it on my lips, nails, face ect. I think I'll be getting the mango one next. also love their cloud paint, lash slick and stretch concealer
322 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png