Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@TraceyEB @I think no5 is a trying to re-creation of 2014 Chanel Reve D’Orient quad which is my all time favorite Chanel eyeshadow. No5 is not quite as good. This quint is very similar theme minus the brown liked you said. My Reve is no longer has the pretty star print but I might get a backup of this since i like that sweater print 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014, very interesting! I don't have the Reve d'Orient quad and haven't used my No 5 quad yet...now I'm scared to get the new quint in case I like it as much as you do! 😂

@Sunnysmom okay I am caught up on Roaring Purple - is it a need or something I may be able to dupe? Everything you got looks soooo pretty! Dior Beauty got a lot of my money last week so I'm trying to pick and choose carefully here. 

Oh and I’m so excited to see and hear about your new Dior pretties coming @niki172 ! 😍 Well. To be honest. I think you can probably find something pretty similar unless you are stuck on the sparkles that are in it? I haven’t worn it too long but when I did it didn’t last terribly long but also that is this formula I guess? The red def does but it’s different. I thought the Roaring P would have more pigment and it is ok but not super intense.  It’s creamy and comfy of course and the translucent kind of look makes it very pretty. So if that’s what you want then it’s great. I do wonder if there isn’t another similar shade in the Velvet formula. Feel like there is, that had sparkles too. From last year or year prior? I’ll inspect the drawer and get back to you if you want. Do you have anything else similar do you think? All this to say- bet there’s a dupe. Chanel or otherwise. Let’s look. 🤗 Hey, doesn’t Dior have one I am wondering? 🤔 

@Sunnysmom Dior has too many colors that's the problem (and pretty cases to put the refills in lol!). Sounds like I'd be okay to skip then. I'm trying to decide on Dior about one of their new lip sticks and one of their glosses along with a blush that hopefully comes back in stock (it looks soooo cool and I guess it sold out within mere minutes over in the Asian market). Hopefully Chanel will launch something else this holiday season that catches my eye. As always thank you for the lovely swatches 😘

Ok @niki172 @Titian06 this is what I found in my stash for comparisons. Diors are too red at least for what I have and I really thought Tarot was gonna be it too! These 2 older Chanel are closer ish tho Roaring Purple is def different bec of all the silvery sparkle. It’s like it’s a mix of these 2 in Sensation (more purple) and Attraction (more brown). This is a heavy swatch down the side. Any others I have with the sparkle and without are still too red. I’m still on the project tho guys. Slow week?! 🥹 Forgive the messy swatches of the other. It was a science experiment and the stain was real. 😆 Maybe someone else has some more with browns in it. @TraceyEB @blackkitty2014 @itsfi @Mochapj ?! 💞

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks for these great swatches, @Sunnysmom !  RP is going to be too brown I think, but Sensation...wow! 😍  I think Tarot needs a friend in Wildior. 😁

I love Tarot and Wildor a lot too @Titian06 ! ( Sorry they look sloppy!) Yes at least on me RP is brown leaning purple ! Was kind of surprised but my skin tone is maybe weird! 😂 Very fun tho. 

And a pretty Dior case to go with it @Titian06 😘🥰 The new Dior flower case is at Sephora now @Sunnysmom @niki172 . Not sure who else like it

@blackkitty2014 I got mine off the Dior website and they have an exclusive Dior gold embordered one on there now as well. I tell you they know I'm a sucker for those pretty cases 🤣

We’re all do @niki172 😘🥰Those pretty cases will be ours 🥰

It’s so pretty, thank you @blackkitty2014 ! 😘 Much as I love it I am passing as I have that other one that’s quite similar. Too much spent on lips this year as always on my end. Have to curb the madness! 😔😩  I bet they’ll make a correction on the price? 

@blackkitty2014 - It's gorgeous!  I'm planning to get it.  It's $3 cheaper at Ulta.

Oh thx for mentioning it @Titian06 . What the heck Sephora. Why $3 more than Dior direct even

@Sunnysmom see this swatch pic makes me want Roaring Purple even more! IDK it just looks juicy and vibrant - I love that Coco Attraction though that's a really pretty color. I need to think about this one. Thank you so much for all the swatches 🤗 so extremely helpful (while also enabling just a teeny bit - kidding! I do that on my own!).

It’s very fun @niki172  and if it speaks to you then you should maybe get it and love it! 😍 Not trying to enable I’m really not. Tried to do the opposite. 😆 The heart wants what the heart wants! 🤗

@Sunnysmom the heart would like the body to weigh 20 pounds less but let's be real - it's easier to just pick up that new lippie lol!!!! Ugh getting this post Covid weight off is taking forever!

OH man @niki172 , truer words were never spoken! Same! 😭 🤗

@niki172 @Sunnysmom - Would Dior Tarot be a dupe for Chanel Roaring Purple?

@Titian06  @Sunnysmom  I think Roaring Purple may be a bit on the richer side looking at the pics. I don't own Tarot though (at least I don't think lol) but is sure is pretty!

I love Tarot @niki172 @Titian06 ! 

6,197 Replies
testing