Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@TraceyEB Thank you so very much for such good info, very helpful! Can’t wait to try some! Ps love Chicago, my birthplace where I grew up! 😊

What a small world, @Sunnysmom! I'm a few hours from Chicago but enjoy it whenever I get there!

Love it @TraceyEB! Lucky you! I need a fix! Pizza!! Lol. Xx

Coming back to update about the pieces I posted from the Eyes collection.

Firstly, I heard from my SA that this collection isn't launching in Canada until September.

Secondly, I tried the Stylo Ombre et Contour (Bleu Nuit) today as well as the blue (Bleu Selene) and green (Vert Metal) Ombre Premiere shadows. The Stylo Ombre et Contour is very soft; it feels like a chubby version of an eye kohl. Because of how creamy it was I worried it wouldn't last but I applied it to the outer third of my eye and smudged it, as well as lining my lower lashline with it and it stayed intact all day.  The Vert Metal shade is very creamy, to the point that it felt wet when I dabbed my finger into the pot. Bleu Selene is a nice powder, though it looks a lot darker on the eyes than I was expecting from the pan.

@Mochapj, on Friday, I spoke with a rep at the Chanel counter at Holt Refrew on Bloor St. (TO) and was told that the collection was launching Sept. 4, though she said it could be the end of August.

@TraceyEB That’s in line with what I’ve heard as well.

i reached out to Chanel Canada corporate to ask about the grey mascara from the Cruise collection and while I was corresponding I asked about a few collections;

Apotheosis Le Mat De Chanel (the one with the blue ‘Quiet Revolution 312’ quad) - launches Aug 6

Eyes collection - launches first week Sept

Isn't that interesting, @Mochapj!! I was wondering about the timing of these 2  collections. I was chatting with Chanel direct's online customer service who referred me to the Chanel flagship store in TO, who told me they don't sell makeup there anymore, and then referred me to Holts.

lol, my goodness @TraceyEB that's quite the runaround!

I wasn't aware whether the flagship here has ever sold makeup although I think the US flagships do.

Usually if I see previews of pieces that catch my eye I just email my contact at corp to confirm whether Canada will be getting them. She did end up telling me that for whatever reason Canada isn't getting the grey cruise mascara but I was able to ship it to a family member in the US instead.

That's a good contact, @Mochapj! I forgot to ask you, is the consistency of Ultra Fresh the same as Vert Metal?

@TraceyEB I found Ultra Flesh as wet in texture as Vert Metal, but not nearly as smooth. I've been having a little trouble getting it to apply without balling up on itself, to be honest which I think is visible a bit in the bottom of the swatch where it's clumpy.

@Mochapj, well that's annoying. I looked passed that detail in the swatch. I wouldn't mind if Chanel cream shadows were more emollient but application has to be smooth.

RE: Chanel Updates

Swatches of a few items from the new collection: 02 Bleu Nuit Stylo Ombré et Contour, 44 Bleu Selene Ombré Couture, 838 Ultra Flesh and 836 Vert Metal

Re: RE: Chanel Updates

@Mochapj I’m sorry I just reread your post. Looks like NM currently has them online correct?! All a bit confusing as Cruise just came out 🙄. Supposedly messed up. Umm yeah. Lol lol. 

@Mochapj wow these shadows are gorgeous. I won’t be able to resist them I don’t think! I’m so confused tho. So these will be out for fall or now?! I can’t get a decent answer out of my local SA! I’m in the US btw. Xx

@Sunnysmom I don’t know about US release dates for counter but all of these are already available on chanel direct website.

i think Tracey also mentioned they are on Neimans as preorder?

@Mochapj Thank you so much yes I have it sorted out now, forgive! I see them on NM so will pre order them there. Not sure if I’ll use these dark shades often but they look so pretty I can’t resist them I’m afraid ugg!  

Thx @Mochapj.  I'm loving the look of Ultra Flesh

Chanel Updates

@Mochapj, the Eyes Collection has a lot to offer!(Fyi @blackkitty2014, @Sunnysmom, @shimmerbait)

@TraceyEB@Mochapj thanks guys for the great pics.  Wow so so pretty where to start!! I will have to look at their site. And I just caved and bought the cruise stuff too! Couldn’t resist that gold highlighter and agree blush is gorgeous! Quite similar to the blush sticks out too did u notice? No. 25 maybe it is? Loving these deep shades! Hello fall! My favorite!! Lol 

Hi @Sunnysmom, I hope you like your Cruise Collection pie...

Hi @Sunnysmom, I hope you like your Cruise Collection pieces! I haven't seen the latest cream blush but will check it out! Below was my purchase when booked with a visiting Chanel MUA. The Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer is new to me and complements the other pieces perfectly.

Re: Hi @Sunnysmom, I hope you like your Cruise Collection pie...

@TraceyEB Looks amazing! Enjoy playing with it all! I’ll def have to check out the creme bronzer. Tricky for me if too intense! Always looking. I always seem to fall back on a subtle Chantecaille one but I would really love a creme! Xo 

6,228 Replies
testing