Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Sunnysmom   They both have a little pink in them but overall 812 is a nude and 814 is a light coral. Your SA’s pics do a very good job of showing what they actually look like on my particular lips (which are pretty pigmented/mauvey).

Beautiful @Winthrop44 , I bet they look awesome. I would love to be able to wear those shades, lucky you! 

I’ve heard some say too many reds to this launch but it looks to me that the nudes that they did do are very well edited. Not sure what you nude loving folks think. 😳😂 

@Sunnysmom Well this nude lover is very happy with the ones I got but we really are always limited in our choices during the Lucia Pica era vs the Peter Philips era. I am eventually going to get a red because I love this  formula so much, will just take me a little while and a bunch of reviews to figure put which ones I *might* be able to pull off. I envy you being able to wear reds!  Half the time I look ridiculous in them.

That is true @Winthrop44 ! she went all in so hard on reds! I’m sure you do not look ridiculous at all! Once you get used to it it’s almost impossible to go light I have found. 😖Problems problems! It’s definitely true that they can be garish if not careful. Have you heard that old thought that deepening the inside color of our lips is supposedly the perfect tone? Some MUA shared that with me and it stuck. Seems to be true!   When mine come I will swatch and see if you like any of em for yourself too. 😊 So glad the formula is wonderful! 

@Sunnysmom I think you are cooler toned than me, right?  I’m very fair, neutral to slightly warm. I used to like warm reds like RC Arthur when I was younger but when I tried it more recently either it or I had changed.  😂  These days the reds I feel comfortable in are RCF Amour, Ink Fusion in True Red, RA Liquid Powder in Invincible, RA Velvet in Rouge Triomphal. I do like RA Velvet Independante which I think is a warmer one but in general I seem to do best with pink reds and true reds, and have to stay away from anything too warm, too cool, too vivid or too deep. I’m probably the only person on the planet who can’t wear Pirate and I’m not even sure exactly why, just know it looks bad on me!  Of these L’Extraits I’m thinking my safest red choice may be 854, the one used in the promos. They usually choose something fairly universal for the promos and sample packets, so I often cheat off that. 😁 

I’m a weirdo @Winthrop44 lol. My skin is neutral but warmish leaning . Inside arm looks kind of cool tho. Not face.  I can only wear cool based lips for most all. Sometimes a neutral tint with dot of warm will work but not usually! Pink reds, true reds and deeper also work. That’s funny about Pirate! Seems like a cool true red tho it can come off a little intense I get that. I love your colors. Yup that makes sense about the ad lippies. I’m sure very true universal reds used. (Btw- mine said shipped 2 day on Tuesday. Uh huh. Not here. 😆

@Sunnysmom Amour was the first red I really felt comfortable wearing. The sheerness probably helped.  I generally do better with softer/more muted/dirty colors so I’m sure that comes into it somewhere too, though True Red Ink definitely doesn’t fall into that category so I don’t have it all figured out yet. I hope your package arrives tomorrow. Shipping is such a mess. Fingers crossed. I’m looking forward to your thoughts on the formula and the shades you ordered.

Oh yes I understand the “dirty color” thing too @Winthrop44 . I feel that way about darks and once used to that other reds and darks seem so harsh to me. I hope they come tomorrow too! Grr. 

Sending you lots of ❤️ @Winthrop44 . I ordered 814 and 3 more. I think I will order 812 and 872 now. Thx for the swatches 🌹

@blackkitty2014 🥰 You are so welcome.  I hope you love the ones you ordered. ❤️

Here are some swatches I just received from another SA. Not as good as @Sunnysmom ‘s SA’s swatches imo, but thought they were worth posting anyway.

image_1.JPG

image_2.JPG

These are all great to see from all angles , skin tones etc etc ! Thanks @Winthrop44 ! 🥰

thank you! do you know if the rêve de chanel collection are available in boutiques in the states? It’s not listed on the USA’s website yet. 

Not yet @GirlyBoy . I believe it’s going to be in a week however. I’lll be sure and post any updates! 🥰

thank you! thank you! you’re my favorite chanel girl here! 

So sweet @GirlyBoy , there’s so many of us that are crazy Chanel fans on BIC aren’t there! And thankful for our great SAs too. 🥰

Allison Chase posted a video yesterday where she said she was told Reve de Chanel has now been postponed until April in Canada. No idea if the US is in the same boat or not. 

Update on powder- same as shimmerbait info, official launch on site/ boutiques is 15th so is fair for all to get paws on it lol. Makes good sense. 😊So prob like you got your lips same day winthrop:). 

The tweeds aren’t until closer to June! I hope that changes ! 😫

@Winthrop44 @GirlyBoy @ChristalM @shimmerbait @blackkitty2014 . Again this was for the US. 

@Sunnysmom @GirlyBoy @ChristalM @shimmerbait @blackkitty2014 @TraceyEB Glad to hear June for the Tweeds in the US, because I just read an IG post saying that one has been postponed until September for Japan.

Oh man I hope not @Winthrop44 ! 😭

thank you! i’ll be only purchasing 168 and 921 - CHANEL barely does violets and cool tone pinks, so i gotta get em while i can!! 💕💕💕💕 love the CHANEL community here! 

6,180 Replies
testing