Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Are there specific items you're enjoying, @Sunnysmom?

@TraceyEB So far I have really used the Matte Rouge Lip crayons in Excess, Subversion, and Impulsion is it? Wonderful varying shades of bright pinky red, true red and deeper red. Also the Rouge Allure Ink in Melancholia is such a great deep red almost oxblood but more burgundy red which I love. And seems to stay on well as other shades in formula do too I think). The Slate matte Eye crayon has been fun to blend and soften my black liner and with the cool dark mattes in Quiet Revolution Eye quad. And the Eye quad Clair- Obscur has been super easy to use for every day. I love how silky they are and seem to blend nicely. Do you think so too? I feel like every fall I go a little nutty with Chanel’s first big collection and they prove to be some of my favorites always tho I choke when I buy them! Lol. Love the newer red lips from past few years and I still feel like the entire line really improved so much with addition of Lucia P! Can’t wait for No. 5! Love to hear your thoughts too! @blackkitty2014@Mochapj and all! 

@Sunnysmom, such gorgeous picks!! I'm going to research your shade selections, especially the lip products. I really love Chanel's Fall collections, too. I haven't purchased anything from the Fall collection just yet. We've been having such hot weather that I've been using the more vibrant shades/palettes from the Spring/Summer releases while I can still justify walking around in bright teals and greens. That and many pieces are in the regular line, so no rush. I will be getting the Quintessence blush, Clair Obscur quad, Slate contour stylo, and at least one red Rouge Crayon.  Am seriously thinking about the Quiet Revolution quad, the Bleu Selene eyeshadow, another Contour Stylo and an Allure Ink (which is new to me).  Like you, I really like what Chanel has launched under Lucia P.'s creative direction  🙂

@TraceyEB Yes it was seriously hard to not lose my mind. lol. Even when I know they aren’t all LE etc! I need to be better and use other things too. You are a good inspiration to me! 😘 Will be fun to hear and see what you get. I still need to investigate the blush next trip. Even though the shadows are matte I still find they blend quite well. The lip crayons are seriously good. I would post pics but there are so many already that seem accurate to the colors that I prob don’t need to. And mine are so rough. Ha. 

@Sunnysmom I purchased both quads, the blush and 2/3 stylo contour sticks (not the black one)

i‘m quite happy with the blush; based on the colour I wasn’t expecting it to look nice on me until some of my summer colour had faded but I found it darkened a little on the skin.

i love quiet revolution (in theory) and i fell in love with that quad long before I realized it was part of an all matte release. I like the look I was able to create with it so far, but I’m not really a matte girl (definitely not an all matte girl) so I can’t see myself using the quad alone for a look. But pairing it with a satin or glitter shade, I would be quite happy.

clair obscur I’m less enthused by (see above, re: mattes) but I’m sure it will come in handy for transition shades. I found two of the shades ended up looking very similar on my lid, so overall it wasn’t distinct enough for me.

I’m really happy with the 2 stylo contour sticks, though. I liked the formula when I bought a few of the others from the earlier release and the matte version is just as good. I accidentally decapitated my contour clair so I’m not sure how much product is left but contour graphique was my fave of the 2 shades anyway.

@Mochapj yes I hear you on the quads. I always love the look but find I have to def blend w a satin to work best. I felt same on the Clair obscur at first and then I realized it really was so nice and subtle on esp w a red lip. I do appreciate that it isn’t your thing and you are also def much darker toned than I am. You look great in your vivid shades. I love the earlier release bronzey brown eye crayon also , can’t recall name - something brown lol. Good product. I didn’t try the blush tho looks good.  I usually do like the ease In applying and the look is so pretty. I need none but always want more. Not good. Lol 

RE: Chanel Updates

Lip products are from a matte collection, lion imprints are from the Holiday collection

Re: RE: Chanel Updates

Great posts, @Mochapj! I'm loving the dark shades in the lion eyeshadows.

Those lip products appear to be part of this ‘Spirit’ collection; also some embossed eye singles

New type of lip product coming

New on Chanel online: LE ROUGE DUO ULTRA TENUE (17 shades) - 'This delectable 2-in-1 formula features full-coverage matte colour from bright berry to deep purple shades paired with high-shine gloss.' Likelt replaces the Chanel Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Colour.

Swatches of Le Rouge Crayon de Couleur Mat - Jumbo Longwear Mat Lip Crayon. Not pictured: 259 Provocation; only 267 is LE.

Splendeur et Audace

Temptalia has swatches of the Le Mat de Chanel collection:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 3.29.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 3.29.54 PM.png

Swatches of a few pieces of Le Mat de Chanel from The Happy Sloths:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.24.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.25.36 PM.png

RE: Re: Chanel Updates

@Mochapjb, it’s sold out on their site!

Re: RE: Re: Chanel Updates

@eshoe I believe it’s permanent so I’m sure it will be back

@Mochapj, why must you do this to me!!! I'm about to skip the quad until i see this. I'm reconsidering now 🙂 Hm.. i think i like the Splendeur Et Audace more

I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Joues Contraste Blush #440 in Quintessence in real life?  Online it appears to be a bright cool pink, other places it appears to be more of a coral pink.  Thank you!

Hi @Ispend2much6, on IG, thepaintedapron has posted a photo of the blush with swatches coming soon. I'm interested in seeing them, too!

@TraceyEB  Thank you so, so much!  It looks like a very unique color.

6,228 Replies
testing