Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Good to know @TraceyEB ! I bet that shade will be really really pretty on you! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanks, @TraceyEB !  Enjoy your goodies too! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Titian06 Your mom will be the chicest mom there is ๐Ÿฅฐ Hope you love all things you get. PS Iโ€™m such a sucker for Chanel thingy. Iโ€™m ordering the plum blush and the quad with the green whenever my SA get around to it. Sigh. 

@Titian06 Ha! I like that. Happy birthday to....er....your mom! lol  The blushes sold out on Nordstrom in hours this morning. Curious to see if they will restock or not.  Hope you love what you ordered. I was brave and ordered 150 (which may be too warm of a nude for me) and 156 (reds are always scary for me). Still thinking about the shadows.

I hope the shades work out for you @Winthrop44 ! ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Yay I hope you love 150 @Winthrop44 ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Winthrop44 - You can always try a lip liner on your whole lip to adjust the color if it's not quite right.

@Titian06 Yep, I have a drawer full of them, it might be good to actually use one every so often. ๐Ÿ˜€

@Winthrop44, I have the same drawer! I'm trying to use lip liners but my hand doesn't reach for them even when I'm trying to be purposeful about them.

If anyone is still trying to make decisions about the Byzance quads I highly recommend lenalluregram IG. Lena has amazing swatches and videos of all 4. Also the Canadian Chanel web site has several application videos that I think are super helpful.

Agree @Winthrop44 , great advice. I like her as well and her swatches and videos are always so helpful! 

Here are some super fast pics of the powder shadows and the Baroque quad. (Omg that worm vein. What the actual. Lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅน)The others didnโ€™t turn out great so wonโ€™t add them. Lol I was pleased at how the powders turn out once on. Will try the one 404 I got tomorrow. 402 is faintly at the bottom. She forgot to do it at first vs 2 of the 404 ๐Ÿคช, we were goofy! 

My sweet SA swiped them very lightly so I didnโ€™t go over them again. This was just one pass with the applicator. I think I will use my fingers to apply it as the little applicator seems kind of so so. Lol I donโ€™t think you even need a primer underneath as they really stayed on forever once they set. But I may do one in my experiment too. Iโ€™ll post thoughts tomorrow. Please others do the same, curious what all think!

The green is very very pretty and nothing Chanel has had forever so it became a must. ๐Ÿ˜ The burgundy and gold are super smooth, silver fun and usual topper like. Formula is smoother than it appears I think. Not quite like the older palettes. The other quads are very pretty too as @ChristalM said I believe but I do agree that the shades arenโ€™t totally remarkable and seem to be very similar to other permanent quads. The only different shades are really the 2 toppers that are have a pretty hologram effect. If you like that. ๐Ÿฅฐ

The blush is not in stock yet and they only had testers so who knows when theyโ€™re coming. None of this was to be released yet but of course there it all is. Lol Lots are already sold out she said and they got so little, how nutty. Was very difficult to even get the pumpkiny shade to show up. But not bad. Other deeper one is really great for fall. Too lazy to look up official shade names, forgive! This was a blend of the entire compact. 

One nice tidbit about the new glass lipsticks if itโ€™s correct intel- the shades will not be LE just the case. So we can order them afterwards plus the refills tho they are not cheap clearly either! Itโ€™s a different formula that is supposedly very nourishing for the lips so I wonder if itโ€™s not full strength pigment. The shades on the line sheet she showed me are so nice and bit different but still very Chanel! Excited for Sept! Also ugh. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

EDIT to add some thoughts on the loose powder shadows. Theyโ€™re good on but for me the trick is getting them on easily and without too much of a mess. Even just opening the tube and trying to get out a small amount of product is messy lol. Sounds ridiculous but I put a tissue under all of it and took out gingerly while wiping some off before I applied. And here I was worrying they would may have too much shimmer etc, no, none, itโ€™s the fallout for me! โ€œIntenseโ€ is the word at least for 404! Proceed with caution ๐Ÿคฃ. Will be good to hear what you guys think about them. With me itโ€™s usually operator error! 

IMG_1340.jpegIMG_1341.jpegIMG_1338.jpegIMG_1339.jpegIMG_1334.jpegIMG_1333.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, thanks for the tip about the eyeshadow. I saw in Jackeline's video that she tapped off some product from the applicator onto a mixing plate and then applied with a brush from there. A tissue would work, too! I think we're all going to have operator's error when first using these shadows. I liked that she swirled a red shade and applied it as blush. Pigment is pigment as they say!

Thatโ€™s a cool idea for blush @TraceyEB ! Yup I tapped some from the brush onto my hand today and that worked too. Anything to diminish the strength. Excited for you with your new goodies soon! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom Doesnโ€™t sound ridiculous to me at all. I havenโ€™t decided against trying them, but I can definitely see myself cursing at them. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you @Winthrop44 ๐Ÿ˜˜! OH yes I agree  ! I may or may not have done that to some poor innocent piece of makeup! ๐Ÿคฃ

@Sunnysmom Oh thanks so much! On my list is the shadows in 402 and 412 and the blooms in  154 and 160 and debating the peach blush. I can't seem to get in touch with my SA though and I am leaving town tomorrow (to a place with no Chanel ๐Ÿ˜ž

FINALLY got int ouch with my SA and asked her to put the items aside til I get back on the 20th!

Iโ€™m so glad you found her and are getting your goodies @ChristalM ! ๐Ÿฅฐ Canโ€™t wait to hear and or see! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom for all the swatches and info. How would you describe 404? A taupe? Looks like you had lots of fun!

It was fun @Winthrop44 ! Yes itโ€™s more of a browny taupe. Full on itโ€™s more brown but it fades to warm taupey brown.  Hereโ€™s a full on swatch from the little applicator of both 404 and lip 160. ๐Ÿค—

160 lip, 404 eye160 lip, 404 eyeIMG_1381.jpeg

testing