Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Sunnysmom, good choices!!

More swatches of the Spring collection.

Screenshot_20230213-003110.png

Screenshot_20230213-003012.png

Very sheer for the lips.  The cheek blush looks interesting 

From IG eina_makeup, swatches of the Delices eyeshadow quad, Fantasie de Chanel blush, and Rouge Coco Baume 928 Pink Delight.

IMG_20230211_215340.jpg

I'm taking it that it's not really a blush but more of a highlight?? Thanks for the swatches @TraceyEB - I'd like Erin Nicole to do a video so I can decide if I want the "blush" or not.

@niki172 @Sunnysmom @Titian06, it's considered an illuminating blush powder and technically listed under Blush on Chanel's website (it's been posted, removed, posted and removed over the last few days). In addition to a blush, I don't see why it couldn't could be used as a highlighter or blush topper. Below is how Chanel describes the product.

Screenshot_20230216-025118.png

Thanks @TraceyEB , saw that as well and it’s good they want to cover all the bases eh?! 😊

Isn’t it nutty how it keeps popping in and out?! I stopped looking and think I will rely on my SA to let me know when it finally hits! 😆🤗

@Sunnysmom, waiting for your SA to let you know when the collection is available will preserve your sanity. I've only seen Chanel UK launch the "Delices Pastel de Chanel" collection, days after individual pieces were available.

LOL @TraceyEB , well put! It’s waning! 😭 Just when we think they’ll release something early-ish they seem like they’re holding true to March timeline, maybe?! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

@Sunnysmom, one store confirmed March 1 as the launch date in Canada.

@TraceyEB @waddleod my SA also confirmed department stores would be getting spring! Woohoo! 👏🏻🎉

It looks like a combo @niki172 ! Hoping not too much sparkle or if so just on the top, but my older tweeds had a lot of it. 🤔 I’m hoping this is a sheen kind of highlighter/blush! Will definitely be good to start seeing some videos!🥰🤗

@Sunnysmom @niki172 - The blush looks really shiny in the swatches so far.  I don't like shiny anything except nail polish.  It will be nice to see videos since we don't know the lighting the pics were taken in.

I’ll take it tho @Titian06 ! 😣 I need all the shine and glow I can get anymore! 😭😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Lucky you to not need it! 🥰

Does anyone else struggle with Coco Baume drying their lips out? I am guilty of (finally) wearing one out this last Saturday and my lips became really dry and uncomfortable during the evening so much so that I had to keep reapplying at our table. I had to constantly slather lip balm on for 2 1/2 days before my lips became somewhat normal again. I don't understand what happened - it's such a pretty color and my lips were hydrated before I put it on - so weird......

@niki172 No, but that can happen if you have an allergic or sensitivity reaction to something in the product. Could be a fragrance component or something else. I wish Chanel would go fragrance free with everything, personally, but especially their face products. I don’t use foundations with fragrance and even use their blushes sparingly for that reason.

@Winthrop44 it's weird I've never had a reaction to a Chanel product before (and I've tried many different things from them). Maybe I'll give it another try - I'd hate to just toss it.

@niki172 Fragrance components, pigments, moisturizing ingredients, binders, etc., vary between lipstick lines and shades, even within a brand though. I can’t tolerate the regular Chantecaille lipsticks (they literally make me nauseous) but do fine with the Lip Chics and Lip Veils, for example.  Maybe the RC Baumes or even just that particular shade isn’t for you for whatever reason? Who knows. Hope it was just a fluke that day and you can get it to work for you. Fingers crossed!

@Winthrop44 I mean the only times I've experienced having dried out lips is from matte lipsticks/stains (which is why I try to stay away from them). This is really just an odd duck from Chanel. I'm sorry the Chantecaille make you ill I couldn't stand that. I may give it another whirl here in a few days.

@niki172 - Have you used this particular formula before?  I read the ingredients and didn't notice anything at first.  Then it dawned on me that it may be the shea butter.  I have a couple of SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry that I use as lip balm throughout the day.  I noticed my lips becoming quite dry since I started using them.  There's nothing in the ingredients that should be a problem except they contain shea butter.  As much as I love shea butter in my hair conditioner and night time face moisturizer, it doesn't appear to get along with my lips.  So I'm thinking this could be the issue you're having as well.

@Titian06 no this was my first go around with the baumes (color fall for me - so pretty!). Your train of thought did make me go look at the 2 main tubed lip balms I use everyday ( fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent and Dionis Coconut Cream - I use this one at work and it's surprisingly good) and while the Fresh doesn't contain shea butter the Dionis does (I think it was the 4th ingredient on the list). That's higher up on the ingredients list than what Chanel lists for their Baumes, BUT they do list a couple of hydrating "chemicals" (IDK what to call these ingredients as honestly I'd never heard of them before) that I'm not sure if I've ever used something like that before. It did list a version of olive oil twice but that can't be it as olive oil is a component in my Italian blood 😂

It's a really good hypothesis and maybe I need to look at other lippies I have to see if they carry the same main ingredients. I plan on wearing it out again tonight (but putting a lip balm in my clutch just in case) and I guess we'll see what happens. It's not terribly terribly cold here so I'm not sure what it may be. Thank you so very much for your idea it's a really smart approach 🤗.

2 Replies
testing