Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Sunnysmom @I might have to order 61 and 51 for science purposes. Will report back 😘

Good plan @blackkitty2014 . Science needs you! 😘 Looking forward to seeing them! 💞

@Sunnysmom Those darker ones look absolutely gorgeous and very velvety! 😍 Wish I could pull them off.

They’re intriguing @Winthrop44 ! Excited to see them.  I like to smoosh em on like a stain to soften it. Am sure you’ve done that too! 🥰

@Sunnysmom Yep, pretty much the only way I wear mattes. Do you feel like any of the new shades are similar to the now discontinued La Fascinante? I’m surprised they dc’d that one because it was the shade they promoted the most with samples, etc. when the Velvets first launched. I see Nordstrom still has some to sell thru.

All the things we do to make colors work @Winthrop44 ! 🤗 Hmm I dunno I’ll have to look. Good point! There must be a replacement to it or something. Now I’m curious! I love that one and have it as well. Perfect pinky blue red. Grr. 

@Sunnysmom Exactly, and you know I'm usually scared of those kinds of colors! lol

🤣 I know you are @Winthrop44 ! Once you’re in tho you’re in! 😆😂 . Let’s walk together! 🥰

@Sunnysmom I liked La Fascinante from the first time I ever tried it and am STILL scared of most other reds! They knew what they were doing when they chose that for the campaign because it has something that makes it more universal than even other pinky reds. I can also do True Red Ink (seems to also have been dc'd) and whatever the red RA Powder was called, but that's about it. They seem to be pushing Rouge Vie with this release so maybe that's a sign for me? i could swear I tried that one way back though and felt it was too intense for me. I'm wondering about Inspirante 53?

Ha when you know you know @Winthrop44 !🥰 I wonder if it’s close too. Could be. Some pics look like more of an intense pink and others more pinky red like we may love. I like Vie but I never think it’s same. Imho. So tricky when they can look so different. Grr. Such important decisions we have to make! 💞

@Sunnysmom Yep, so important! 🤣 More of an intense pink would not be good for me. Did you see Allison Chase’s video today? None of the ones she chose would work for me. I think I’ll wait for more swatches before ordering anything. 

I know @Winthrop44 I’m thinking the same thing. Deep pinks can be so hard. I will look, thanks! Was hoping some would show up soon. I did some serious rabbit holes on IG and lots of swatches on there but never know what we dare re-post so I won’t! 😆

I know what you mean @Sunnysmom. I just remembered that in Allie’s video she talks about the numbers a bit and said the ones in the 40s are all supposed to be pinks, 50s reds, and 60s nudes, so I guess Inspirante (53) has to be more red?  One thing I wish Chanel would do is add text descriptions to their shades. Computer screens and lighting used for IG swatches are all so different.

@Winthrop44 - I absolutely agree!  I find it really annoying that Chanel does not describe the colors.  I had to pop up a second window to figure out the difference between 54 and 55 (and it still took forever).  I still have a hard time with undertones.  It would be a lot easier if companies would list these things out. 😖

@Titian06 What’s most annoying is you know they have official descriptions because you rarely get to see them on a sheet from a MUA or in an article.

Ooh @Winthrop44 , I didn’t know that, great info ! 😍 I’ll watch it now. I thought they did give a bit of color description under the info. Maybe not for these. Agree that is needed! The pics can really look so different.  I wonder if 55 is close-ish to La F 38 or too red. 54 seems to be more of a warmish rusty almost. Grrr we go through this every time I feel like. 😆 Groundhog Day anyone?!!

‌‌‌‌ @Sunnysmom So true! 🤣🤣🤣 And as much as I whine, I'll admit it's the fun part. I see what you’re saying about 54 and 55. 

Another 2023 collection 

C9369AD8-38C1-4A08-9254-B612218AF3E4.png

208BE273-5463-4E56-A22D-D925A019C3C7.png

  

Thanks @Mochapj. Are these the rumored blush palettes?

@Winthrop44 I assume so. Nowhere on the packaging is the spot that usually holds eyeshadow brushes so it would make sense that it’s the blushes 

Excited to see these @Mochapj @Winthrop44 @TraceyEB @TraceyEB  etc! 

3 Replies
testing