Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

I wish Bois Noir was permanent @TraceyEB ! It’s such a great shade similar to discontinued Blackwood! Grrr. Maybe they’ll make it so ! 💞

@Sunnysmom, it looks like it might be. I don't see LE listed on Chanel's site and Nordstrom has both shades listed with the regular Stylo Yeux with no LE notation. Fingers crossed it's in the regular line.

Oh I hope so @TraceyEB tho I was told LE. Hope she was wrong lol.  It’s a winner and one I’ll wear daily that’s for sure. Such a pretty collection! 

@Sunnysmom, if you were told it's LE, that's probably right. I'm definitely picking up a Bois Noir eyeliner - it looks stunning!

😭 @TraceyEB , booo! Love that one a lot. 

What is this pink blush swatched ? The color ??? It’s so beautiful.    

@kellyvolpe21  Hi. Are you talking about the Joues Contraste blush in Rose Initiale that @Sunnysmom posted a few pages back?

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/Chanel-Updates/td-p/1940873/page/3

Swatches of a couple more Rouge Allure lipsticks. I don’t recall if someone already posted these two shades. Photo is a pretty accurate depiction of the color IRL.

Chanel Rouge Allure 194 + 209.jpeg

@itsfi those are such great, everyday shades.

These look so flattering on you @itsfi ! 😍

@Sunnysmom, thank you. They’re a little different than the shade I usually gravitate towards but they are lovely on their own and I think they would work for adding more peachy nude or brown to other lippies, if needed. 

Okay is anyone else torn about the Tweed palettes?? Like I really wanted to like the purple one (sorry I'm not even going to attempt the name as I know I'll butcher it) but every video I've watched it has very little pigment. Palettes 1 and 4 seem to be pretty pigmented but it's like I have these colors in other palettes and I find myself just wanting to pick up a tweed palette just for the actual tweed pouch it comes in and the collectability (something I am fervently trying not to do anymore). I mean they're all pretty IDK can someone steer me towards either a YouTube video or something to help me make up my mind? I also don't want to take a quad away from someone that really loves it unless I'm going to love and use it. I can't remember the last time I was so torn on a makeup launch - I'm such a goober 😜 - not like there aren't other very important major issues in the world going on right now other than trying to decide if I want an eyeshadow palette or not. Thanks in advance for any help!

Wow these are 103 Canadian. I think this is where I tap out. I usually bury my head in the sand and buy what I want but I think this is where I draw the line. I don't find the quality on the quads amazing anyway, although I still buy some due to the colour story like the fall quad. And they are sooooo tiny.

@Sunnysmom omg you are so sweet! But I lost myind and got 2 anyway when I saw them in person! Lol. I always complain about the price yet somehow end up buying. Fyi I m on the app and I am not sure I can reply to you in the right place.

Ha @ChristalM oh how I can relate to that , too often!! Lol. Good, enjoy em! 🥰

@ChristalM @Sunnysmom @missjeanie  @TraceyEB    Aren't they actually cheaper in Canada than the US once you take the exchange rate into account? $103 Canadian = $78.63 US, or looking at it the other way around, our US price of $88 each would be $115.27 Canadian. Those of us in the US are paying even more than those of us in Canada.

@Winthrop44 They likely have to choose a price well before release and the exchange rate could be different depending on the day.  I live on the border and used to do a spreadsheet to see if US or CAD orders would be better for me during sales etc... the difference is usually minimal and sometimes varies one way or another between products of the same brand.  

Oh brother @Winthrop44 ! 🤦🏻‍♀️😭

Oh man @ChristalM that’s just sooo much I’m so sorry. 😕 The texture  does feel different on these however. Creamier and has depth too , well except the toppers. Just fyi. I wish I could send you one somehow! 🤗🥰 Let me know if so! 

@ChristalMand @missjeanie, when I saw the price this morning, I reduced my purchase from four to two (picked up 01 Cuivre and 04 Brun et Rose). Because I pre-ordered and have personal relationships with the counter and Boutique managers, I felt I needed to commit to an order, and I didn't ask for the prices when I pre-ordered (lesson learned). I take comfort that the Beauty Boutique had a multiplier today that gave me a significant number of points towards a future purchase. I will not pay $100 for a Chanel quad in the future.

@TraceyEB Did you buy through Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique?  I've yet to order online from them, mostly due to my dislike of their site.   I think going forward over 100$ for a quad ... I'm going to realllly realllly need to like the colour story. 

15 Replies
testing