Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

It’s all good @Sunnysmom. I’m used to it. And it does give me a “reason” to buy makeup. Hahaha! 😆  

@Sunnysmom  It's beautiful!  Glad to hear somebody likes them. So many grousing about the reformulation.

Oh are they @Winthrop44 ? ugh. Lol. I think it’s really lovely. Great mix of soft yet color. 🙂 

@Sunnysmom More about the idea that they were reformulated without fanfare than anything else (so may miss getting backups of the originals), but also because there are some who feel the reformulated older shades are now different in color and missing their previous shimmer. I actually ordered this new one today after seeing your swatch. 😊 

Hmm that’s interesting @Winthrop44 , makes sense too. Chanel seems to be quite mysterious on a lot lately. 😂 I noticed that the new rose has very very slight shimmer to it. Almost undetectable but it’s there and just enough. I’ll be curious about the other ones I have that I love, namely Rose Initial and Rose Petale.  My SA only told me about it I think because I asked. Lol You probably saw the comparisons that angelavanrose posted? I found this. They do look a little different don’t they. Rose Petale is on the bottom and new ones are on the left. 69FDE6B0-A00E-4DEC-A32B-E925FC03AF92.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Yep. Did you see there was a Chanel MUA who posted on that thread though and said the lighting was off and the picture was inaccurate. She said she’d swatch all of them and post to her IG but hasn’t just yet. The thing is even if US originals were compared side by side with Euro baked ones some colors would look a little different. Back in the day I tracked down the Euro Narcisse because I preferred the color to that of the US powder version. I also had and loved the color of  Euro Orchid Rose so much more than the US version. I think fans of the baked formula (personally I preferred some of the shades but wasn’t a fan of the formula) are not going to immediately love the powder formula no matter what because that’s a big change. I’d like to see swatches of various shades side by side, but comparing US original powder to US new powder. Just out of interest really, because it is what it is, right?

I got distracted @Winthrop44 and meant to read it all , I will go back to it. That is interesting. I wouldn’t be surprised. Sometimes her pics are different too I think. And it’s like comparing apples to oranges too. It’s going to be diff with diff formulas no matter what I would think. You’re right also,  it is what it is! Glad you got the version you wanted of yours! 😊

@Sunnysmom I don't have a single JC anymore, so Rose Ruban will be my new "first"!

Oh I hope you like it too then @Winthrop44 . I don’t feel much difference in the formula but you maybe will from your past experience with them too 🙂 One of my forever favs is still Rose Bronze. Usually not my shade at all but it is so nice I think for perfect mix of blush and bronzer. 

@Sunnysmom  I don't think I've ever tried Rose Bronze and I probably should. Thanks!

Oops @Winthrop44 ! 🤓 Yes you should. My SA recommended for me and I was skeptical but she was sure right! It’s so nice and she says works on most all of us. 

@Sunnysmom  I just watched a video on old US vs new US Rose Petale and Rouge Profond and apparently there are some noticeable differences in terms of smoothness and shimmer. I guess for at least those two shades color differences were not very pronounced. 

I will look for that as I’m interested in it also @Winthrop44 . I feel like it’s a little smoother yes but shimmer is still super subtle. Color is definitely more pronounced , same as Rosewood. I have the old Profond so will be interested to see difference in them. I don’t wear it much at all because it’s just too much. Lol I def will want to see the new Petale tho, rats! Thanks! 

Swatches of the Les beiges palettes 

F8485FBA-697D-41D0-AC07-86E83F392FFF.jpeg

3FCF2848-45EA-4C68-91E3-135B4DB885B8.jpeg

Here are my 2 new Coco Bloom lips in 144 and 148. They are very creamy but saturated in 1-2 fast swipes. Mine don’t have shimmer. I think I like this much better than Rouge Coco formula already and definitely more than Flash) as it seems a little thicker yet light once on and also longer lasting. I will probably do a light liner around them as I can see 148 as bleeding a little bit tho not much yet. Feels very comfortable! And my sweet SA who gives me amazing goodies too! 

@TraceyEB @blackkitty2014 @Winthrop44 @itsfi @niki172 @Ispend2much6 

@Sunnysmom   Very pretty!  They seem like they are right up your alley.

Very creamy @Ispend2much6 and so many other shades not this intense too. Is the fragrance in them too much for you? 

@Sunnysmom   If they're like the other Rouge Coco's, then yes.  If it was vanilla or lemon I could deal with it, but floral is a no-no.

@Ispend2much6 I would love if Chanel switched to vanilla! I do think the Blooms are less scented than the Flashes if that helps at all. They’re really pretty tolerable for sensitive me.

@Winthrop44   That's good to know, thanks!  Actually, I thank you, but my wallet isn't so sure. 😉

I agree @Winthrop44 , wondered same actually! Maybe they listened to people. Very subtle. 

10 Replies
testing