Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Gotcha 😉

Just released at Nordies

Chanel Sept. 2016.png

I am wearing the new rouge allure ink in libere and sad to say I am a bit disappointed. The packaging is gorgeous- I love the small size and frosted glass. 

It is not drying and has a soft velvety look and although it doesnt migrate it transfers like crazy- personal deal breaker for this type of formula. I haven't eaten anything with it on but it leave a huge imprint with every sip of my glass of water with a straw. 

Seems a bit more lightly scented than most of their lipsticks and I cant smell or taste it all on but I am aware its there. It actually reminds me quite a bit of the byTerry click pens that came out recently. 

I guess I was secretly hoping these would be a more velvety version of the liquid lipstick they do with the top coat- they wear like iron. 

This particular color looks orangy red on the applicator but translates a bit more pink red once on- very similar to @meganlisa's swatch but velvety rather than glossy. 

I am curious to hear what others think. 

@lipstick4soul @meganlisa I just bought 152 Choquant and 154 Experimente and I really love them! I was thinking the formula was great- so comfy buildable and not dry and mine don't transfer once I let them set a little bit. Sorry to hear you don't love them! Plus I sometimes smudge on one of the new MAC colors over them and like the combo! I like them much better than Nars which is too slippery for me and was so sad, and only other one I really love are new ones from Cle de Peau - these do well on me also as I have more mature lips. Ha. 🙄

Here are some quick swatches of 152 and 154 under it. Oops they won't upload so I will try again.  @meganlisa thanks for your great swatches! ☺️

This gives me hope because I was really interested in the formula!

@Sunnysmom Thanks for your thoughts!  I decided to skip these since I bought almost all of Chanel's last launch.  

Now you have me wondering about the Cle de Peau ones!!!

@meganlisa Oh how I understand!! Painful choices! I still think you should try one!! ☺️Can always return if you really don't love it! Or yes the Cle de Peau ! Colors very nice and coverage etc too! I'm not usually a huge fan of their lipsticks because I don't think they last but these guys were different. Of course I got the deep red one whatever it's called. So predictable! Not too bright not too dark. As we say... Next!! Teehee 😘

@Sunnysmom I might just get one of the Cle de Peau.  Does Nordstrom have them?  I like the triple points right now...if not...probably the chanel.  I'll go for points!!!

@meganlisa yes that's where I got mine! 👏🏻. Do u also have any great ideas for lip sealers etc? I have Bite, Chantecaille and MAC none of which I love feel etc ?! Always love your expertise! 😘

@Sunnysmom That's a nice thing for you to say!  You know what, none I love either.  I wonder why that is....

I need to deal with my nordstrom order.  I have the meteorites in bag (watch them sell out...).

Need to deal with it now!

@meganlisa Here is Ms Cle de Peau on top then Chanel below. ( and what a shocker- similar colors. Ha) I would say more in-between Nars new and Chanel. But not watery like old Vincent Longo stains if you remember them. (I've been on stain pursuit for 1000 years.) And not as glossy as YSL I don't think. Gosh I hope you don't totally disagree with me! Lol Can't wait to hear what you decide! image.jpeg

@meganlisa Too funny my lippie sister! The search goes on!  And if you can't get the meteorites let me know as I bet I can get em to you from where I am or hope I can! 

@Sunnysmom I ordered the meteorites and checked out the lip options.  I'm just not sure yet.  So Cle de Peau or Chanel?

@meganlisaGlad you got it yea! Oh no not the dreaded either or! Just try them both and then see. I'm guessing not the first time?! 😝 I think they are too different to tell u! Cle de Peau is glossier and more like a stain I think and Chanel is very silky but I think it dries down nicely too ( as Cle does too!) but I see others don't agree! Lol. Also Cle de Peau seems a bit more translucent yet still covers great with a few swipes. It reminds me of something and I'll think of it soon I hope. From long ago. 🙂 And Chanel seems more like silky semi-matte once it dries down but what do I know. Ha. Still very light in feel tho. That's just me. It's all truly brain surgery in terms of importance right?! To us it is!! 🙂

@Sunnysmom It all matters!  Makeup is such a fun hobby/distraction when we're busy and crazed in the rest of life.  Sometimes just focusing on something a little more creative, like a finish or shade, is so refreshing!

Sound like I need one of each.  Then, I can just go from there.

My issue is that I'm obsessed with these Shiseido Rouge Rouge lipsticks too.  Oh well.

At least my meteorites are covered!

Thanks!

@meganlisaHa sounds good! I don't know how I feel about the new Shiseido ones! I want more depth in colors tho they feel amazing! What ones do u love?! Or oops is that on another title chat?! Forgive if so! 

@Sunnysmom I really love Sweet Desire, one of the lighter ones.  I adore the two reds I have (Bloodstone and Real Ruby) as well but I've been wearing SD every day.  It has a lovely finish.  It seemed early in the year that the highlighter releases where the must haves; now it's just one beautiful lipstick after another....

@lipstick4soul Interesting to hear and disappointing.  I wore one of the shades but over lip gloss so it wasn't a true test.  Oh well.

On the phone with Burberry and they have no information...

Swatches of all the inks (and tentation at the far right).  I was at Nordstrom today.  Sorry I don't have the shade names...I had a hovering saleslady who wasn't happy with what I was doing (so I moved fast, out of there).

chanel 1.jpgchanel 2.jpg

woww pretty 🙂

@meganlisa - do these remind you of the new YSL's??

testing