Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Yes, they do!  But these have more shine. @niki172

Good catch!

@meganlisa - the colors are oh so lovely, but I'm wondering if they're necessary? I hear Kimberly C. in my head saying "you know you have those colors." It's like Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter sometimes - you see a product and it goes off inside your head like being near a horcrux   - she's burrowed into my brain LOL.

Really like the 1st, 2nd, and 5th swatch though.

@niki172 You have the colors but not the finish.  I'm viewing this year's holiday offerings as art.  If they bring some unique, new or just stunning element to the mix then they're mine.  If not, nope.

Chanel has visibly upped their game.  So if you're going to plunge, I'd do it with Chanel or the YSL.  But no, you don't "need" them.  At all.  Not a bit.

I have 2 of the YSL's, but I'm curious about the finish @meganlisa - if you get any of these will you be doing a YT video? Swatch #5 may be interesting enough and not close to the other YSL's that I just purchased. Then again I haven't purchased any of the new Shisedo lippies...

That's a good way to think about the holiday sets. I'm surprised how much I've paired my list down from the bender I went on last year.

@niki172 I'm skipping the Chanel.  I've done so much damage the past few weeks I need to say no sometimes.  

This year I feel like I really know what I want....so I'm trying to mostly stick to it.  I'm going to try and do the Shiseido and Laura M videos today.  Keep you posted!

Thanks @meganlisa - I'm really interested in the Shiseido especially, but I'm thinking about waiting to purchase any of the colors until the 20% off sale - a few items are on that list 🙂

@niki172 I'm waiting before I dive in deeper too.  I've bought more than enough lately and haven't had time to enjoy what I already have.

The Shiseido are so worth it!

Pretty! I'm loving the berry shade second from the right. I live by a Nordstrom and am considering walking over right now! 

Also, thanks for providing the swatches! I always wondered how salespeople felt about people swatching on their arms. You'd think by now, they know the pics are going online and probably selling the products for them!

One of my local stores has a Chanel counter that is militant about not getting germs in their products.  I respect their diligence and even appreciate it.  But I always feel like I need to get my swatches quickly before I get in trouble.  

Totally agree.  People can look at these and see the quality....which makes you/us more likely to buy.  That color you like seems to be one that people are gravitating towards.

I also tried the No 5 L'Eau and it's really lovely.  Not what I expect.  Mixing citrus with No 5...?  But it actually is lovely.  If you go, I'd try that too!

I agree that new #5 is very well done @meganlisa. I didn't realize citrus was added. Maybe that was the note that smelled like pez candy to me. I didn't get any citrus but a new fruity/sweet note that I figured was to cater to the younger generation that likes that. <holds back and waves cane to emphasize the point>

by your numbering, I think the one I ordered (libere) is the swatch I said I liked. Yay!

@lipstick4soul I'm pretty sure my numbering is right.  We shall see (or I'll mess everyone up).

I actually really like the new #5 version.  When I read the description I thought no way.  But on, it was a lighter fresher Chanel #5.  It does have that Pez candy thing going on!

We can hobble on canes together!

@meganlisa Gorgeous!! Any ideas on the coral shade third from the left? 142 Creative or 146 Seduisant perhaps?

Ok, I went to the Nordstrom site and got the order (I'm about 95% sure I'm right...and the first one is missing).

So, numbered from how Nordstrom has them...

Mine are in this order (5 on the bottom); 6, 8, 4, 3, 2, 7).

So the one you're looking at, I think, is 146 Seduisant

@meganlisa You're awesome! Thanks a bunch!

These are lovely!  I especially like the pinky nude shade 3rd from the top right!

They really are pretty!

I'll have to figure out what is at the bottom closest to your elbow 😉

thanks so so much for the recon 😉

@lipstick4soul It's the darker orange shade.  From the display, I did the classic red first, then went darker to light, but skipping 2 (from the dark end, shades 3 and 4, so I did 1, the darkest, and had already done 2, the true red).  So it's the darkest of the orange based shades..and in the nordstrom display, the 3rd down from the most dark.  Hope that helps a little...and doesn't just confuse you more..it does not look orange on.

Lol @meganlisa you made me giggle with you stealth swatching skills.

Serious now, thanks for the swatches. What was your first impression of the formula? Something like Lip Maestro?

Yes, something like lip maestro.  I wore one out and it wore beautifully.  It never dried down completely but I did put it on over light lip gloss.  It felt like a very thick gloss but looked much more pigmented and opaque on.  So I think Lip Maestro is the best comparison.

The shades are lovely.  I wore that last one, on the side.  And it looks super bright swatched but on it was stunning and a little more subtle.

Overall, I think they're really lovely.

They don't want to contaminate the product but the little applicators don't pick up much product.  So for a couple I used 2 applicators (the SA was 6 inches away).  Then I ran!!!

@DaintyDiva forgot to tag you!

testing