Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

I'm wearing Les beiges in these pictures.

My shade is N30...I really like this formula because it feels like nothing on. (I usually wear Dior Airflash for the same reason)

Perhaps ask for a sample when you get your highlighter?

Thanks for the info Kate, she is shipping it with a sample lets see. It looks great on you 🙂

Girllll thank you thank you! Haha the shout out made me feel special..oh the lil things eh. You look ahmazing and esp that 4th pic is the cutest 🙂 since I have similar skin tone, this helped so so much coz I was nervous to order blindly and so its now a must have for me..so let the stalking commence lol. Xoxo

Aww thank you!! 

This is a must buy if you like highlighters that are not metallic looking.

Are you in Canada? Nordstrom should still have enough for your to pre-order. 

Yup im in Toronto..I also want to get TF honeymoon if there are any left anywhere lol. 

My thoughts on Perles.

It reminds me more of Meteorites than any highlighter.  It is more highlighter than finishing powder but adds a soft (not metallic) and cool glow.  So pretty and delicate.  For those who want to glow...softly...with no metallic or warm golds.  Love it.

Love your videos hun! 🙂  Ita with everything you said. For metallic intense highlight, there is Dior.

Thanks!  Appreciate the support!

Well I was gonna pass on this one but your video made me have to have it!  Just ordered from Nordstroms online and chose the "glow" GWP which somehow helped justify this purchase.

Agreed.  I'm all about justifying (obviously) and getting glowing skin too makes it work (I didn't get a gift and still justified it).

Really gorgeous.   One of my favorites!

Yay thanks megan you're a real trooper for touching the pretty pearls..also had an 'awh' moment when you said you dug into the c's 😞 .. i do feel these look more like they were pressed type meteorites by looking at the texture ..also its funny how the dior pink is called an illuminator although quite metallic and an obvious highlighter and this is deemed a highlighter but I feel I can use it more as an all over illuminator since im medium complexion and the pink can probably add some brightness to the face. Great vid as always and appreciate the comparisons. 

Thanks!  It is so hard to touch.  Making the video was a little painful.  But it's so pretty on too.

These finishes vary so much...and you're right...the labeling doesn't always give you a good indication.

Wait-how does it compare to Confetti powder?

Slightly more sheen (this really doesn't shimmer) and cooler.  Both finely milled.

Love! Do tell what you're wearing in the video, you look great! I agree a cool highlighter, is just ,well, cool 🙂

Tom Ford Last Dance, YSL Vert Anglais Kajal, Faceshop Coral Cushion blush and Givenchy Mandarin Bolero lipstick.

And the Chanel...

The Chanel looks really good on you! I'm surprised because at first I thought maybe you had on the Dior pink. After seeing your video, I'm going to keep a backup of this Chanel for myself. Because like you said, it's too pretty to mess up 😉

I got the Perles Et Fantasies from saks the other day. It's really pretty. I wish I could compare it to Glowing Gardens, but that seems to be sold out everywhere!!!

For the Perles, the white side is softer, more shimmery, and has more color payoff. The pink side is harder, but has a lovely shimmer sheen that reflects pink (rather than a cool pink color with white reflects). Mixed together, the pink takes the edge off the white and makes the powder more neutral. I've tried it on my face, and the effect is natural and not too shimmery. It really is a pearly glow! The swatches from left to right show both sides mixed, the white side and the pink side. The indirect light doesn't show the shimmer that well...IMG_2701web.jpg

For comparisons, the same three swatches are in the center, with Hourglass Incandescent Light ambient powder on the far left and Mac Pearl Blossom on the far right. This shot shows the shimmer a bit better.

IMG_2708web.jpg

And here is what the pan looks like after some swatching and brush use!! I am worried for the little CC because I kinda had to go hard on the pink! Also, the colors are so separate, like the break in the middle is the grand canyon to the bottom of the pan. I don't know if that is just mine.. It makes me a bit nervous about it cracking.

IMG_2722-Editweb.jpg

The lipsticks are RAV La Delicate and Tom Ford Patrick. I thought they might be similar but they swatch very differently (Chanel on the bottom, softer, more pink and sheerer - this is quite a few layers.)IMG_2732web.jpg

cc3.jpgcc4.jpgcc1.jpg

My photos and with the Dior across the top.

Thank you for the swatches! I love that lipstick. It's really pretty. Today is the day I'm going to play with my Chanle Perles et Fantasies. Excited after seeing your swatches 🙂

1 Reply
testing