Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Thanks for the great swatches and description--I totally agree!

I was lucky that my Nordstrom sold it to me, they said they weren't suppoosed to release till Feb 1 ( they don't even have the testers) but since someone told me on the phone I could pick it up and I came in, they let me buy it early. 

Also, heard that each store received very limited quantities ( 15 for my Nordies) and it was limited to 1 per person. 

I was able to buy 2 since the person I spoke to on the phone didn't know about the limit! Yay me

I only tried it on the side of my forehead last night since I already had a full face done at Chanel, but I really liked the soft pearly glow it gives without too much shimmer. And it is gorgeous and soo cute at the same time. I'm glad I got two since it I hard to use it without wearing the pearls down. 

Both of mine has the deep separation between the white and pink too. It doesn't look flawed, it looks intentional.

Took pics last night but they sucked cause it was too dark. I'll try to take some today. 

My Dior pink highlighter hasn't arrived yet but I was able to test it at the local sephora ( wasn't on the floor yet, store director brought it out for me) and in comparison, the Dior has that soft gellee texture and the Chanel's is a drier powder texture.  The Dior seemed to have much more shimmer ( could have been the fact it was a much harder swatch) but I'll have to try both on my face to see which I prefer. I can't wear highlighters with too much shinmer at work so I prefer less shimmer.

@Kate.. pretty please post some swatches when you get a chance 🙂 ..I want to get a feel for how it looks on diff skin tones bfor I go ahead and purchase without swatching it. TIA! 

Great mini review Kate!  I'm really curious too how these 2 (the Dior glowing pink and Chanel Perles) will compare. I have both and haven't tried them yet because I'm enjoying looking at them new. But I'm worried the Dior might be too frosty/metallic. It's good to know that they seem different. I'll probably end up keeping both then. I'm on the fence, thinking I can talk myself out of one of them but so far haven't been able to do that!

This thread hasn't been getting a lot of attention lately...so I figured I'd post.  I found the Chanel Noir Khol 90 mascara (sold out on Chanel's website and hard to find) at the Beverly Hills boutique.  And they ship for free in the US now.

I also stopped in to one of Chanel's neighbors.

chanel.jpg

Love this picture! Heaven 🙂

Did you see the Perles et Fantasies Highlighter while you were there? I wonder if someone could tell me how it compares to the Dior Glowing Gardens and the Burberry White highlighter (texture and "sparkle" -wise)

It wasn't out yet.  I did just get the Perles highlighter in the mail but I'm not sure I can touch it (not yet at least!).  It's so pretty....

You made me giggle for a good minute 😄

I understand perfectly.

I was just on Chanel direct now. I wanted to use last month's code "deluxe" to get a mini lipstick, but it was invalid. So without much incentive I might wait to buy it personally from Nordies next week. I would never return a limited item (unless it was rotten or something) so it would be nice to see it in person before making the commitment. Meanwhile I have my pink Glowing Gardens ❤️ 😉

I'll probably be able to touch this one tomorrow...but not today.  It is cooler than the Dior pink which has a gold tint to it.  The big question I have is whether the white has the same gold as Camelia de Plumes (which also looks white until you swatch it).  Once I get up my nerve...I will post.  For now, I'll just stare.  It's so pretty!

Oh, I was going to post on the Limited Edition thread and ask you to swatch both side by side! My 'beauty OCD' (not a real diagnosis of course) will not allow me to touch either one hahaha, I'm so bad. I have both. Trying to decide if I want/need both. Wondering how they will look in comparison. But. Can't. dip. brush. 😮

I just can't....not yet....

Meganlisa you will be our hero if you can bring yourself to swatch it, hehehe!

You'd think Chanel would make it similar to Camelia de Plumes since that was the one so wildlly popular, right?

And ofcourse I will eagerly await for your thoughts and swatches esp with camelia and dior pink side by side...and ill probably pick up the chanel with the dior anyway.. so much for my low/no buy this month 😕

My January low buy was a bust.  Good news, I'm now not planning on buying anything (or much) until July or so....

Im telling myself this until my birthday month May..but then the april sephora sale happens and the summer collections roll in along with sephora favorites and then its all a bust. Unless i cut myself from the online world like when I was preg was too busy with morning sickness to really look at stuff lol..

I don't know for how long this will apply, but I placed an order with Chanel last week using the free Rouge Coco Mademoiselle sample lipstick code someone posted on here (thanks!)

Not only did I get the Mademoiselle sample, Chanel also sent a surprise sample of the lipstick Pirate and the skin care samples I chose during checkout were not packettes, but deluxe sample-sized tubes!

I posted this in the deals thread. Had no idea you would get extras! I just tried it and it's not working. I'm not sure if it's expired or if it's not working due to the free overnight shipping. Probably for the best, lol!

Vchotia, I remember the site didn't accept the code at first for me either.  I think it was accepted once I typed it in all cap's, but I might be remembering incorrectly.  I got free shipping, but not overnight.

Is this new? I just saw it on the nordstrom site (checking out that holiday collection again).

chanel.jpg

This has been on Chanel's website for awhile.  They also have one set that includes two additional lipsticks and two additional polishes.

One fun fact- I do order from Chanel's website every couple of months.  Because of this, they give me extra samples when I order from their site and every quarter I get an unexpected package of samples in the mail!

Good to know!  And thanks for clarifying on the set.  I seemed to miss it...

testing