Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

I thought I'd pop back in and post pictures of the US box. As mentioned below by @lipstick4soul the outer packaging is different with a plastic sleeve. The box itself also seems to be lacking the luxe feel it used to have. The Earthy Blush included in a previous box was Earthy Blush Light Glow No. 7. The one included in this one is Dark Earthy Light Glow No.11 Clearly different shades which is nice. Though I do prefer the mini cheek brush they used to include to the mascara.

Re: RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

Excellent comparison @Mcakes. Thanks so much. 

Thanks for the info!

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

The new blush palette is in stock! Any idea when ebates will have 8 percent again so I can maximize my deals if I pick it up?

http://www.sephora.com/my-burberry-blush-palette-P422089?skuId=1990563

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

I noticed the the picture of the new runway palette blush has been updated to be same as one from Burberry direct site (posted by @lachaton) I think the original listing had the blush without the overspray. I got mine a few days ago and agree with @Mochapj take a couple pages back that this is almost same as plum blush from earlier in the year. Seems like a pass to me unless you are a collector 😉 One of these days I will update the main posting with a picture of all the runway palettes...

http://www.sephora.com/my-burberry-blush-palette-P422089?skuId=1990563

IMG_1130.PNG

RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

The new Beauty Box arrived. It does in fact include a full sized Pale Barley eyeshadow.

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that the Burberry Box on Sephora.com has been updated to show Light Glow in Dark Earthy No.11 (0.09 oz/ 2.7 g) instead of Pale Barley.  (If anyone is interested in Dark Eathy No 11 and would be willing to trade it for Pale Barley, let me know.) @lipstick4soul @Ispend2much6 @eastwaard @Anonymous

In a search last night, Net-A-Porter has a similar beauty box except it offers Military Red for the lipstick vs. Russet, which suits me better.

@TraceyEB WHAT. I could have sworn that it wouldn't let me add it to my cart when I first looked. I do really want to get it since it's different enough. Especially with the Guerlain promo code. Quit enabling me lol

@FroleyI noticed that this Burberry Box is available to VIB as well. You should qualify to purchase it if interested.

@FroleyNo problem. I'm passing on this version of the Beauty Box, unfortunately, as I'm not interested in the blush. Might you pick one up?

@TraceyEB Thank you so much!!! I really wanted to get this box but I'm not Rouge. The Net-a-Porter variation is my favorite too since I don't have Pale Barley and the Military Red is gorgeous!

Great catch, @lachaton!  It's important to reflect the contents accurately in each country. Re: the price difference, I thought these sold for $45 CDN last year...I could be wrong. Am hoping by Christmas the stronger Cdn dollar will be reflected in pricing (it lags the pricing when high and when low.)

TraceyEB wrote:

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that the Burberry Box on Sephora.com has been updated to show Light Glow in Dark Earthy No.11 (0.09 oz/ 2.7 g) instead of Pale Barley.  (If anyone is interested in Dark Eathy No 11 and would be willing to trade it for Pale Barley, let me know.) @lipstick4soul @Ispend2much6 @eastwaard @nellygirl

In a search last night, Net-A-Porter has a similar beauty box except it offers Military Red for the lipstick vs. Russet, which suits me better.

TraceyEB wrote:

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that the Burberry Box on Sephora.com has been updated to show Light Glow in Dark Earthy No.11 (0.09 oz/ 2.7 g) instead of Pale Barley.  (If anyone is interested in Dark Eathy No 11 and would be willing to trade it for Pale Barley, let me know.) @lipstick4soul @Ispend2much6 @eastwaard @nellygirl

In a search last night, Net-A-Porter has a similar beauty box except it offers Military Red for the lipstick vs. Russet, which suits me better

@TraceyEB This is so interesting. But this still doesn't fix it because now the Canadian product page shows the box as containing Dark Earthy. And still at $59 CAD. which I believe would be a terrible deal since it decreases the value with a mini Dark Earthy.

Plus, my box (in Canada) really did contain Pale Barley. So at the very least, the Canadian product page should be changed again to show that it includes Pale Barley instead of Dark Earthy.

Could one of the mods look into this since it appears that there's a Canadian box and a US box that are different? That would also explain the price difference if the US box contains a mini blush and the Canadian box has a FS eyeshadow.

@KatieBT @MaliBT 

I received my box yesterday and like @Ispend2much6, mine contained Dark Earthy blush and not the Pale Barley eyeshadow as listed. It was also different that previous boxes that I have gotten that instead of being in a sealed clear wrapper, it had a clear plastic sleeve with a picture of the contents on the back @blackkitty2014 @bonafide11

Thx you so much @lipstick4soul.  I saw somebody posted the review saying the same thing.  I will skip this year box then.

I received pale barley in the box last year. It truly is pale and I have to see how to get it to work for me lol. But I love the lipstick shade in the box this year! @lachaton

@jesscheems  Russet is so beautiful; it's an almost red on me, with a little brown to tone it down.

@lachaton  Are you in Canada? I just got my box (US) and it does indeed contain the blush Dark Earthy.  It might work as a bronzer also.  I'm sad about it because I can't stand that scent. 

Hi @eastwaard, Sephora has a pretty good return policy, especially if you find the items in the box are different than what's described on the box or  IN the box compared to what was described online. I contacted them yesterday and they are checking their stock and I've seen other complaints posted to the item's page. Let us know what you get. Enjoy your travels!

Thanks for confirming this, wish I would have stumbled upon your posts before ordering!  It's mindboggling Sephora would send out an email specifically promoting this yet make such a big mistake in listing this inaccurately for the US version and saying it included the eyeshadow. I ordered yesterday on that basis and feeling really annoyed as the blush wont suit me at all and I'm out of the US for while and so wont be able to return it.

That's so weird that they have a different box for US and Canada. Don't think that has happened with these boxes before. I already have 2 Pale Barleys (one from a previous box) so I think I'm set for years lol.

6 Replies
testing