Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

I am holding out til it hits a store near me (hopefully??) so I can swatch in person, but once I do I am probably getting a Lip Velvet shade, either Honeysuckle or Nude Apricot, depending on how close they are to the NARS Audacious shades I already have.

Also considering the nail polish in Metallic Khaki, and the eye palette in Rose Pink No. 10, but I don't really need any more polish or eyeshadow so I'm trying to hold back there.

Honeysuckle! MK89 enabled me on that one and it's GORGEOUS.

image.jpg

Honeysuckle is a good one, glad you got it! 🙂

The lipsticks are beautiful. I have a couple too. I have some lip mists which were replaced by the kisses. In that formula, I have military red, union red, and I bought the plum one on Sunday. I know my store isn't getting them; hopefully others get them. 

Btw- I'm totally addicted to their shadows. 

I noticed the pricing on a few Burberry items on Sephora are different from other retailers in Canada.

Lip velvet  $38 on Sephora and $36 on the Bay

Light glow blush $49 on Sephora and $44 on the Bay

Lip glow lipgloss $31 on Sephora and $32 on the Bay

I always like to check prices from The Bay and Sephora because Sephora always seems to be a few dollars more with some items... like when we had Illamasqua, it was always more expensive from Sephora! I also love The Bay's GWP's and points system, so much of my Chanel products have been free for me. 

On another note, I've tried a few Burberry products when they were being sold at Holt Renfrew a long while back. The eyeshadow palettes are really beautiful, I picked up Dark Spice but I've been eyeing Plum Pink. I also grabbed their concealer/corrector and the Healthy Glow fluid. Did anyone else find the Healthy Glow to remain tacky on your face too? Such a shame...

Burberry counter at the Bay officially opens in September, let's see if they will raise their price then.

I have nude, shell, gold pearl, pale barley, and taupe brown if anyone is interested in swatches.

You have good taste! I have three of those (not shell or taupe brown)- and also Mulberry and Rosewood if anyone wants to see those 🙂

Hi MK! How do you usually use Pale Barley and Rosewood? I'm about NC42-NC44 in MAC, and Pale Barley always seems to wash me out 😞

Hi Pav! I posted a look just today in the Weekly Challenge thread, and I used Pale Barley in it. I'm not sure if you have a darker skintone than me, but I really love how Pale Barley looks as a wash of color on the lid by itself. Are you using a primer? I also have the old version of Pale Barley, btw, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I will use Rosewood (new version) soon and let you know how I like it, I haven't used it yet!

I just saw that, you looked beautiful! I use the NARS primer, and I'm about 1-2 shades darker than you I think (Bobbi Brown Warm Honey). 

Will wait for your opinion on Rosewood! 🙂

I'm nc43 and I love both pale barley and rosewood. I use a cool brown in the crease and then Pale a Barley on the lid. With Rosewood, I used a cool pinky brown in the crease. 

Thank you for the tips MrsBaine - I think I must be an NC 43 too! You have beautiful eyes btw 🙂

Thank you!!! 

Yes and no. lol. *sigh*

Just when I thought I couldn't possible need any more eyeshadow, Rosewood and Storm Grey caught my eye. Sigh.

20150817_071809.jpg

L to R: gold pearl glow dry, storm grey w/gold pearl dry, storm grey dry, storm grey wet w/gold pearl, storm grey wet. I used fresh glow nude radiance as wetting agent instead of water.

I only have the old formula of rosewood so I can't show that. They would work beautiful together since the storm grey is a bit warm.

Thanks tigrlily! I've never tried Burberry shadows before, I'm excited for mine to get here!

I really hope you love them. When they showed up on sephora I was like a 12 year old girl going to a backstreet boys concert

200w_d.gif

The Beauty Look Book has posted a review of 9 of the wet & dry silk eyeshadows.

She covers most of the popular colors.. sooo pretty.... 😄

Burberry Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow Swatches.jpg

.. and also shows old vs new swatches.

Burberry Eyeshadows Old vs New.jpg She has also linked her review on the old shadows in her post.

1 Reply
testing