cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Yum, that sounds delicious. Will think of you when we're enjoying the brisket!

If a picture of some brisket happens to pop up, I won't mind, haha! 😛

Freshly baked pumpkin croissants, a giant fluffy pillow of crispy layers, curtesy  of Trader Joes frozen food section. Best start to a morning. Yum!

The start and the finish. My honey is working and sleeping odd hours this week so I am spacing holiday goodies and special recipes into the time he has. Here is appetizer and dessert from today:

image.jpgShrimp cocktails with a chunky sauce made of fire roasted tomato, crispy raw baby cucumber & red bell pepper with some smokey chiles diced in,

Mincemeat Parfaits with maple rum whipped cream,

Chardonnay 

Yum yum yum! What a cute collage too! ^_^ Your honey is very lucky!

I never have time to eat in the morning before my classes because I appreciate sleep more than a good breakfast.  Instead I rely on Luna bars. it's surprisingly great at keeping me full for at least 3-4 hours because it's low glycemic? Idk I just stole that word from the wrapper hehe^^ my favorite is lemon zest. so that's what's on my plate y'all haha

Onion soup baked in little crocks topped with smoked greyere.

Oooo, nice!

Is the soup homemade? I'd love the recipe....heck or even a photo, that sounds yummy!

Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.  Mmmmmm a perfect meal for a cold snowy day.

image.jpg

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS! YUMM

Heck yessssss! I just want to jump face first into that!

It was so yummy.  I picked up some rolls to have with the roast it was the perfect Sunday dinner. 🙂

My job had a pot luck last week and one of the managers brought those Hawaiian sweet rolls...I must have had four or five!

those are my absolute favorite.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for them, but I'm afraid to make them.  I think I would end up eating them all & be in a bread coma. 🙂

Today was an odd meal day.  Haven't gone grocery shopping in a week so it was all about using what was in the house.  I made Panko Breaded Chicken and Stuffed Mushrooms.  I mix fresh grated Parmigianao Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning.  It is heaven!  

image.jpg 

Errrmahhgerrrddd!!! Stuffed mushrooms!!! Share share share! As in share the food and the recipe! 😛

I always buy mushrooms but never stuffed them! I have some chicken breast left over from last night and some ground turkey for tonight. It might be another casserole night.

I was so excited that they turned out since they were my first attempt.  I had read a few recipes & decided to merge them together.  I used Panko breadcrumbs because those are the only ones I buy.  

1 Pkg Baby Bella Mushrooms

1 Cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs or plain + 2t Italian Seasoning

1/3 - 1/2  cup + 2T grated Pecorino Romano Cheese 

1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese dices into pea size pieces

1/4 cup chicken broth

Olive Oil

Preheat over to 375. 

Clean mushrooms, remove stems and clean out inside to remove gills and make a well to hold the filling.

Dice up the stems of the mushroom and quick saute in olive oil until softened.

Mix breadcrumbs,mushroom stems and Pecorino cheese in a small bowl to combine.  Add chicken broth a little at a time until the mixture is the consistency of wet sand.  If you get the mixture too wet add additional breadcrumbs until the correct consistency.  Add mozzarella cheese pieces and mix.  Stuff the mushrooms and slightly mound.  Place mushrooms on a baking sheet or glass dish lightly covered with olive oil.  Sprinkle the mushrooms with the 2T cheese and sprinkle with oilve oil.

Bake for 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender & tops are brown.

Thank you for the recipe! I can't wait to try it out! 🙂

they are pretty tasty and fairly easy.

I need more cheese, I used up the last of my 5 cheese blend in a chicken casserole last night and only have mild cheddar left.

This recipe is DEFINITELY doable, more than likely within the next week or so *fingers crossed*

I want to let you know, I passed the pizza recipe you shared to my bf's sister because I was showing her photos of the ones we made!

I always have a hunk of Parmigianao Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese in my fridge.  The first time I made the breaded chicken with those cheeses mixed into the breadcrumbs I thought I had died & gone to heaven.

That is awesome - share the pizza love. 🙂

1 Reply
testing