cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Cauli crust (homemade)smoked pepperoni pizza. Or, as mr. Husband calls it - stinky pizza! ( Because I sometimes ( like, today! ) make it with cheddar and provolone, and that stinks to him. Pfffft. )

cauli crust pizza.jpg

It may be stinky, but it's also YUMMMMMEHHHHH!

Tabouleh. I've been craving it, so I finally broke down and made it. Most satisfying healthy food I've had in a long time. 

image.jpeg

❤️ tabbouleh

I haven't had tabouleh in the longest time! Love all the color!

Thanks! I got the recipe by googling "tabouleh recipes", and choosing the one from the "lebaneserecipes" website. The  Burghul-parsley ratio ended up not to my liking, so I added more Burghul and it was perfect. I'd post the link, but it's an outside site. 

This looks amazing! I love tabouleh!

Omg I love tabouleh!!!!!!!!!!!  

The Boy has decided to learn how to cook and to make us dinner on Sundays, he has now made exactly TWO meals in his entire life. I'm ridiculously proud of him.

1 - Turkey bitki, salad, and roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts.

image.jpeg

2 - Steak with whiskey cream sauce, mushrooms, baked potato, and a salad.

image.jpeg

Looks like you taught him well.  Looks delicious!

Way to go boy!

Yum! He did well!

Looks fabulous; he did well! 

Made this peanut butter cheesecake for my honey bunch recently. In my new toy - instant pot! ( Obsessed with that thing right now! ) Easy peasy and delish! I've never made a cheesecake before getting that thing, but now I'm slowly but surely becoming an expert ( not really, but you know... ) 😉 This is my second cheesecake ever, and I'm so proud of it, but excuse it being a bit "rough around the edges".

peanut2.jpg

peanut butter2.jpg

OMG this looks delicious!!!

That looks delicious!

OMGGGGGGG!!!! Everything about that screams delicious!!!!

Recipe??

It looks wonderful, so kudos for it being just cheesecake attempt #2, because it's stellar! I bet it tasted even better too! Your honey is super lucky!

Thank you! You guys make me feel better, and more comfy, about this new adventure people call "cheesecake". 🙂

He went totally ga ga over it. And, now I'm in trouble - I'm gonna have to make it more often... Not sure if that's good or bad... 😄 But, it makes me happy he loved it so much.

I'm gonna edit my post and include the recipe in spoiler tag. Just so you know, this is an instant pot recipe. Not oven recipe. I think you can make everything the same, except, of course, you're gonna make your in the oven if you don't have the ipot. And, I'm not familiar with the "oven method", so I hope you are. 😉

Also... The amount is enough for 7" pan ( it needs to fit in the ipot, so it's smaller than usual cheesecake pans ), so keep that in mind, as well.

Spoiler tag is not working?!!! I tried to do it twice, and it just deleted everything i put in it... twice! Grrrr! What the what?!!!

I'll PM you the recipe.

I totally don't care if the whole recipe is sprawled over this thread, so I've pasted it below from your PM!

Pressure Cooker Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

Ingredients
  • 1 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter melted
  • Filling
  • 12-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 egg yolk, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • Topping
  • 6 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 2/3 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups

* I was all out of choclate, so I used melted/softened Nutella instead of ganache.

Directions

1. Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by coating it with a non-stick spray.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and butter. Spread evenly in the bottom and up the side of the pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  3. In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth, blend in peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and flour. Mix in eggs one at a time just until blended; don't over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Pour batter into the springform pan on top of the crust. Cover top of springform pan with aluminum foil.
  5. Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooking pot, and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a foil sling* and lower it into the pressure cooking pot. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn't interfere with closing the lid.
  6. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 50 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker. use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid. Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set. If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes.
  7. Remove the springform pan to a wire rack to cool. Remove aluminum foil. When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.
  8. When cheesecake is chilled, prepare topping:
  9. Place half of the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Heat heavy cream on medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add remain chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool until ganache is thickened but still thin enough to drip down the sides of the cheesecake.
  10. Spoon chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake, spreading to edges and letting the ganache drip down the sides. Pile coarsely chopped peanut butter cup chocolates on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  11. *Make a sling with a 20 inch piece of aluminum foil, folded three times length wise.

Enjoy! Smiley Happy

As long as it's fine with you. 😉

The next one is gonna be Oreo cheesecake! I have a recipe somewhere, and I have to try it... 🙂

testing