Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE OTHERWORLDLY THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฝโœจ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐ŸŒ™

Iโ€™ve wanted to start this for so long but never got around to it. Back in the day I think I had a similar thread and I wanted to bring it back.

Do you love anything out of the norm: the strange, the unusual, and the mysterious? Anything relating to the supernatural, the paranormal and mystical? Then this thread is for you! A place to discuss anything and everything about the unknown, the occult, legends and theoriesโ€ฆ anything goes!

unnamed.png

Re: THE OTHERWORLDLY THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฝโœจ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐ŸŒ™

I agree with so much you've said there @mermadelove!!!  We wonder why this world is what it is... the control... Ugh... disgusting!  Now don't get me started on the elites and this control lol ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

I wish I was as in-tune as you are.  I will get an "off" feeling but can't pinpoint the "pinch" or "nausea" like you can so it makes it difficult to know where it's coming from and/or what to do about it.  I've also found that I absorb other people's feelings so if I'm uneasy, sometimes I can't tell if I'm uneasy or the person next to me is.

I'm also jealous of your past-life knowledge.  I've wondered if my strong interest in certain things was just interest or something more.  For instance, my Nefertiti avatar.  I wrote my very first book report on her in grade school.  I wanted to be an archeologist (with a very specific interest in ancient Egypt) as far back as I can remember.   It was a very conflicting pull when I was younger because I hate dirt and heat.  No chance whatsoever of me digging in tunnels!  But yet...  So anyway, can't help but wonder if I knew her or admired her in a past life or something.

@kalex your Nefertiti avatar was what first drew me to you back in the day. For as far back as I can recalll, I too had a fascination with ancient Egypt. It was a driving force until a psychic told me that I had over 500 lifetimes there alone! It wa like this restlessness inside me settled down and I was able to accept and build on my other burning passions: crystals, healing, the stars, science, magic, sound..... I think the only reason I seem to be โ€œmoreโ€attuned than you is practice. I had my grandmother who encouraged and taught me to trust my knowing, despite her Christian upbringing. Everyone in my family is deeply religious, spiritual or bothโ€” and we all follow different religious/spiritual paths! I think this helped me to truly understand the concept of different realities coexisting and all being โ€œtrueโ€ even when they seemed conflicted. The only reason I can now differentiate my feelings from those of others is because I learned to shield and filter. I had a period in my life where whenever I was overwhelmed by any feeling, I wold say This is not mine and I release it. If it diminished, I knew it wasnโ€™t mine. Then I would scan the area until ai found who the feelings DID belong to and assist. With prayers, healing energy, conversation, distance or whatever the situation called for. I wear shielding stones EVERY DAY so that I can safely differentiate the feelings of others from my own. I ask for the information I need to serve rather than being overwhelmed by their feelings. And I avoid large crowds! So I practiced. I gave myself permission to be wrong, and I trusted my instincts. Thatโ€™s how I honed them. And I still practicing! Lol

I understand the conflict @kalex. I was raised Catholic, but they do believe in otherworldly things โ€” to a certain extent. The way I look at it is, This world, this universe we live in is so vast and there are so many โ€œmiraclesโ€ still to be discovered. Who wouldโ€™ve believed even 50 years ago that pretty much everyone would carry around a device that was capable of playing music, making phone calls, and was essentially a hand-held computer? I remember when I got a calculator one Christmas in the 70s. It performed the 4 basic functions, but it was revolutionary! ๐Ÿ˜

We have so much to discover and develop and I believe at some point we will begin to understand all these things that are otherworldly. Like God created an onion and we get to peel it away layer by layer. Lol

I like the onion analogy!

@kalex Shrek ๐Ÿคฃ

@jozkid @kalex. Itโ€™s stinky and it makes you cry.....?๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

LMAO!  I haven't seen that movie in ages!  I remembered Donkey saying something about cakes and parfaits but I had to look it up.  

Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers... You get it? We both have layers.

[walks off]

Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. CAKE! Everybody loves cake! Cakes have layers!

Shrek: I don't care what everyone likes! Ogres are not like cakes.

Donkey: You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait."? Parfaits are delicious!"

Honestly, no one has ever invited me to get a parfait.  Donkey makes it seem like it's common and now I feel left out.

@kalex  You are cordially invited to a Parfait outing with me!!! LOL

Hmmmm @kalex my birthday is Saturday. I think I might make the hubs take me for a parfait!  Lol!

In my ongoing quest in searching for Gifs, I remembered that I wanted to ask, do you believe in the possibility of life on other planets / other galaxies? Is it possible that earth has been visited by extraterrestrials? ๐Ÿ‘ฝ 42E885A3-06CC-472B-ABA8-7169572DD0FB.gif

I think it would be incredibly vain of us to think that, in the vastness of this universe, we are the only forms of intelligent life @bakeamuffin

@bakeamuffin  I agree 100% with @jozkid. There is no way we are "alone".

I totally agree @jozkid and @bakeamuffin ! Even our own planet has places left to explore and discover and the universe is so vast I definitely think its probable there is intelligent life elsewhere. Not sure I think they are here to "get us" like so many movies claim though 

I totally agree @jozkid. The large majority of our oceans are unexplored and thatโ€™s here on our own planet, so to think that we could be the only intelligent life form in the universe or galaxy would be very close minded. Thereโ€™s just so much left to explore!

7EA3660A-59D7-40D7-9C19-FCEA59191765.gif

55EE545D-39DE-4797-96E8-D42888F00712.gif

@bakeamuffin  The short answer is YES. For a wide variety of reasons! My sister used to work for Dr. John Mack. He is the Harvard professor that used to study people who had alien contact experiences. Also, I distinctly remember having severe 'homesickness' when I was growing up. I would sometimes cry myself to sleep because I wanted to go home, quite sure I was born on the wrong planet. Things that were painfully obvious to me as a child, would FREAK ADULTS OUT when I talked about it. I very quickly learned who I could talk to about communicating with other beings, astral travel, lucid dreaming, etc. I also could not understand, such as war ( utterly ridiculous. Can someone please explain to me how killing each other solves our conflicts? I'm still waiting for someone to give me a good answer to that one). I also have memories of life on other planets. THe one that repeatedly calls to me is one where the sky was lavender and there were two moons. So the reason I got into fantasy and science fiction was because those worlds felt way more familiar to me than the one I found myself living on. Those are my personal reasons. The other reason is this: We are just ONE planet in ONE solar system in ONE galaxy among BILLIONS. There are easily 10,000 exoplanets that could harbor life as we know it, ( never mind life as we do not know it). And considering the incredible diversity of life just on our planet, it would seem the height of hubris to think we are the only ones. In the entire Universe. Statistically, it just. doesn't. Make. Sense. We have a kong way to go before we are interacting regularly with beings from other worlds-- we can barely get along with each other and are trying to keep from destroying our own home! Oh dear........ That's probably a LOT More than you were asking for........ ( sorry!) Image result for fantasy world gif

@mermadelove  there's so much I don't understand either... war being one of them... like you said... what's the point.  I think some of it comes back to control and the elite few who have it... and I'm sick of it.

@mermadelove I could read your responses forever, I really value and appreciate your feedback and thoughts. I agree that it seems statistically impossible for us to be the only intelligent life form im existence. Thereโ€™s so much about our own earth and galaxy yet to be doscovered, weโ€™re jjst such a small piece to a huge puzzle. Itโ€™s really mind boggling and exciting to think about these possibilities. I figure they look at our planet and see how dumb the human race is so they leave us alone and figure weโ€™ll self destruct ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜… it really is astounding the things that we do to one another. War is something Iโ€™ve never been able to wrap my head around either, brothers and sisters on this earth taking each others lives, itโ€™s so painful. So much that we do just doesnโ€™t make sense. 

@bakeamuffin  Thank you for that! I started getting nervous that I put way too much out there. LOL BUt then I was like, WEll, she asked and I cannot lie so...... there it is! I figure the only way we are going to save our planet is to be OPEN and LOVING with each other as much as possible. It only takes a match to dispel the darkness, right? Oh and about those beings ignoring us. My sister told me that quite the contrary. Almost ALL of the people who have alien experiences say that they get visited with warnings about what we are doing to our planet, and because of their experiences, many of them take up a cause like: ending hunger, protecting the oceans, cleaning up the environment, etc. THere was even a woman who was running for public office in FL ( a senator?) who publicly admitted that she was an experiencer and it was one of the reasons she was running for office. Unfortunately even the NPR commentator who ran that story was less than respectful about it which was deeply disappointing for me. I don't apologize for my beliefs. I am clear that my reality may be vastly different from someone else's but that doesn't make either of us wrong or right. They are both valid and exist. IT's just when we insist on imposing our realities on everyone around us at any cost that we have the situation we are currently living in on our planet. Oh boy I think the floodgates are opened now, @bakeamuffin!!!! I'm off to dreamland. See you all on the flip side. Sparkle On!!! 

@mermadelove  forgot to mention above... must have been so cool the type of work your sister did. Have first hand knowledge of this. Amazing!

Thank you everyone for posting. Itโ€™s really something to see so many ladies come together and relating in a โ€œotherworldlyโ€ way. I am a big believer and have had many experiences throughout my life. The most recent experience was has me feeling worried.

Hereโ€™s the short version of the most recent event. 2 weeks ago i had my nieces overs for the weekend. I was sitting on the floor, my bf to my right and no one to my left. I felt someone move down from the couch to the floor and sit next to me. I look over and no one was there. The girls were still on the couch closer to the right side of where I was sitting. I brushed it off,about 5 minutes later I felt like someone was sitting next to me again. It felt like someone was up against my left thigh. It went away, 10 minutes later I felt it again. No one next to me. I tell my boyfriend that I feel like someone was sitting next to me. He and the girls look at me like โ€œokay...โ€  jokingly. I got this very strange uncomfortable cold feeling in my gut. So, I tell my boyfriend again that I felt like someone was sitting next to me.

Fast forward To last Thursday. I got home from work and jumped in the shower. While Iโ€™m showering I felt something burning on my left thigh, I see a red line. It was hard to see how big it was and looked like it was maybe 3 inches long, I have blurry vision without my glasses. It starts to burn more so I get out the shower and go to the living room to show the bf. I put my glasses on and I have 1 short about 3 inch scratch and 2 long scratches just at about 8 inches. My boyfriend looked at me weird and asked what happened โ€œit looks like someone scratched you.โ€ The scratches were really red and it really freaked me out.

So I have been on edge for the last few days.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos30
  • unnamed.png
  • The truth is out there 2.jpg
  • missle.PNG
  • tooth.PNG
  • missle 1.PNG
  • otherworldly.png
  • 029c28042f52a176aa51a0e9ffda26ef
  • 8D6AC47D-69C3-468B-BDFF-F04BC880B700.jpeg
  • lotsoflove.gif