Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Anyone else here have a cat with arthritis?  There are so few meds for cats compared to dogs so I’m curious if you found anything. We try to give him cosequin but it appears they changed something because now he fights taking it and won’t eat food with it mixed in. 

Hi, @Indy701,

It's really a problem that there is so little to nothing available to use for cats with arthritis.

@tsavorite  Thank you. My vet recommended a chew (GlycoFlex III Hip and Joint Supplement). My cat is very much ignoring it.  I’m going to try to coat the chew in his favorite gravy to see if he warms up to it. So far simple begging and bribing hasn’t gotten me anywhere.  

@Indy701,

Good luck!  I feel for you, and for your kitty.   

@Indy701

Ask your vet about cat-appropriate doses of regular glucosamine/chondroitin. I had an arthritic dog a few years back, and we used plain old Osteo BiFlex from the drugstore with the vet's approval and had good results. He was big enough that we could give him whole pills in a peanut butter sandwich, but they could be crushed pretty easily for a cat...perhaps he'd find a new brand more palatable?

@RGbrown  Thank you!  I’ll ask about that. 

@Indy701 I have a 19yr old kitty Whispy and she's bad wit...

@Indy701 I have a 19yr old kitty Whispy and she's bad with it 😞 poor old lady. My vet gave me a powder to mix into her food that she took for abit but now will straight up refuse to eat the wet food if she suspects it. I think it was just some herbal thing, he said it was supposed to promote the production of the liquid between the joints to help ease the discomfort so not even really a pain killer. Good luck!

Re: @Indy701 I have a 19yr old kitty Whispy and she's bad wit...

@Maeora My guy is somewhere between 16 and 18. I’ll ask my Vet about options today. I have been mixing cosequin with lysine and giving it to him by dropper this week which he doesn’t appreciate to say the least. He does have pain meds but I worry about his little hands as they get shaky some days. If only we could explain to them that it would make them feel better. 

@Indy701 I am sorry to hear about your cat. I was able to give my cat Onsior 6 mg, but only for 3 days. This helped.with his pain, but it is limited,  not a continuous treatment for arthritis. I hate they don't have anything for cats. I hope you find something to help.💗

@yankeefaithful  Thank you. We have a vet appointment this week so I’ll ask her about that. I’m surprised there aren’t more options for cats. He’s on meds for the pain but I’d like to improve or at least maintain function for him. Hope your cat is doing well. 

So now my baby boy is under the weather. Ernie has had diarrhea since Saturday morning. He was at the vet yesterday and I took him back this morning again. They’re going to give him IV fluids for the dehydration and do some blood work and stuff. Think good thoughts for my little guy. I’m heartbroken he’s not feeling well and praying it’s nothing serious. 😢

sending ernie kitty white light

sending ernie kitty white light

Re: sending ernie kitty white light

Thank you @melanito!  When I got him back from the vet on Tuesday (I don’t remember how much I told you but we were there both Monday and Tuesday) he seemed so much better. The fluids really helped a ton. He’s back to his quirky old self, attacking my ankles under the covers. He’s still on special food until his stools firm up and taking some meds to keep his stomach and gut calm. But I think the worst is over. It’s just scary when they get dehydrated. When you only weigh 8 pounds it doesn’t take much to lose too much water. 

@sister13 and everyone else who sent well wishes!

Re: sending ernie kitty white light

Oh good! The grain free dry food my kitty likes is called Supreme Source, I get it at Safeway. Also, the Nulo dry and wet food are doing good for both of them.  Continuing to send love and healing for little Ernie, poor guy!

Oh gosh @jozkid! Sending lots of love and healing for Ernie! ❤️❤️❤️

@jozkid I am so sorry to hear about your new kitty, Ernie. Usually it is something they've eaten, so I hope they can give him something to settle his stomach.  Sometimes canned pumpkin will help, but cats are hard to get them to eat certain foods,unlike dogs. I hope he gets better soon!🙁

Thanks @yankeefaithful

@jozkid  Prayers for Ernie and you. Poor little guy. 

Thank you @Indy701

@jozkid, I am sorry to hear this, keeping you and Ernie in my thoughts today! ❤️

Thanks @angel7594. I really really appreciate it. I’ve been a nervous wreck the last several days. I haven’t been sleeping well and wake up too early because I’m worried and then I end up crying. Not the best way to start one’s day. 😞

testing