Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

sending ernie kitty white light

sending ernie kitty white light

Re: sending ernie kitty white light

Thank you @melanito!  When I got him back from the vet on Tuesday (I don’t remember how much I told you but we were there both Monday and Tuesday) he seemed so much better. The fluids really helped a ton. He’s back to his quirky old self, attacking my ankles under the covers. He’s still on special food until his stools firm up and taking some meds to keep his stomach and gut calm. But I think the worst is over. It’s just scary when they get dehydrated. When you only weigh 8 pounds it doesn’t take much to lose too much water. 

@sister13 and everyone else who sent well wishes!

Re: sending ernie kitty white light

Oh good! The grain free dry food my kitty likes is called Supreme Source, I get it at Safeway. Also, the Nulo dry and wet food are doing good for both of them.  Continuing to send love and healing for little Ernie, poor guy!

Re: Pet Paradise

Oh gosh @jozkid! Sending lots of love and healing for Ernie! ❤️❤️❤️

@jozkid I am so sorry to hear about your new kitty, Ernie. Usually it is something they've eaten, so I hope they can give him something to settle his stomach.  Sometimes canned pumpkin will help, but cats are hard to get them to eat certain foods,unlike dogs. I hope he gets better soon!🙁

Thanks @yankeefaithful

@jozkid  Prayers for Ernie and you. Poor little guy. 

Thank you @Indy701

@jozkid, I am sorry to hear this, keeping you and Ernie in my thoughts today! ❤️

Thanks @angel7594. I really really appreciate it. I’ve been a nervous wreck the last several days. I haven’t been sleeping well and wake up too early because I’m worried and then I end up crying. Not the best way to start one’s day. 😞

@jozkid, I definitely undertand, it is very stressful and upsetting! 😞 I went through this with Charlie a few months ago (he had a bladder problem and currently has some intestinal issues we are trying to manage with diet and medication). He has to go to the vet about every 4-6 weeks for check ups, sooner if there is a bad flare up, etc. It makes me so anxious. 

Sending positive vibes, and hugs your way for you and Ernie!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Hoo boy @angel7594. That’s a lot of vet visits. I’m hoping he just got some kind of bug and it’s working it’s way through. I’m keeping fingers crossed that the fluids will help him feel better enough to start eating more regularly. He’s hungry and eats but it goes right through him

My baby, Boots, just wanted to drop by and say hello!!!  My daughter bought her a new bed and set it up in her room, but this silly girl prefers either the floor or the rug! ❤️ 

042218boots.PNG

Awww, Boots is so cute @Tamara76! ❤️ 

Thank you so much, @angel7594!  She's a sweetheart! ❤️

@Tamara76  Love Boots!! She is just chillin!! They always pick certain spots and just take over! Gotta love 'em!!

Awwww - Thank you, @yankeefaithful!   💗💗💗

@Tamara76,

Boots knows how to relax!  Fur coats are warm.  Maybe the floor is cooler?  It is in my house.

@tsavorite  You are probably right!  It's been in the upper 80's where I live, so she definitely needed some cooling off! I did just find her curled up in her new bed next to my daughter's bed, so maybe that will just be her night time spot! ❤️

Kitty update #57! Outer Teine’s recovery continues and we are so grateful and hopeful! It’s been about three weeks (I think) since we thought it was the end for her because she totally stopped eating, couldn’t walk, was having trouble breathing, was crying out when I moved her, and her anemia had gotten so bad, her red blood cell count was down to 6% from over 30% in January when she first got sick. Anyway, we have no idea what finally turned the corner for her, or really what was/is wrong. After we made THE appointment to say goodbye to Teine, we had Easter Sunday with her and she improved enough and actually started eating, so we cancelled the appointment and my husband stayed home with her on that Monday, she continued to improve.

She has been eating consistently every single day since then with no setbacks, which hadn’t happened since January when she first got sick! She is RUNNING around the house, up and down the steps, playing and just doing so great! Her anemia seems better, because her pink color is back in her nose, ears, gums, and belly, where it’s still shaved from the ultrasounds. And most reassuring of all, she has put on weight finally, she feels like a real cat when you pick her up, before she just felt like a little bird, she was down to only 6 lbs.

We don’t know how it happened from her losing the ability to walk and being in such bad shape to her recovery finally after 4 months of being unexplainably sick. The only thing I can think is that maybe it could have been the inflammatory bowel disease after all, and I transitioned to all grain-free foods, both wet and dry. It doesn’t make that much sense because I don’t think she was really eating enough to make much difference, but maybe it could be it? I don’t know but we are sticking with the grain free food, and I think my other cat is doing way better on it too (fewer hair balls/vomiting). Anyway, we are so hopeful, so grateful and enjoying every minute with her! It’s been hard because I’ve been traveling for work, and so worried, but she’s doing great! Thanks again everyone, I hope we have only good news from now on!

Going to post pictures separately before BIC ate this post, thank goodness I copied it! 

@tsavorite @jozkid @darkiceis

@sister13 This makes me so happy to hear. Truly a miracle and I will keep her in my thoughts and pray that she gets stronger and gets through this. A huge improvement on the eating and gaining weight, that is such an excellent direction 💖💖

and im glad that she’s enjoying the little toy 🙂

testing