Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

One-sided Catfights and General Confusion: a Rant.

So off topic ... I'm still completely nonplussed by what happened over lunch.  I went to late brunch with some friends today and we were having a great time and perhaps got slightly tipsy.  A woman came over and started chatting with one of my friends and he just grabbed my leg, squeezed it and told her that he was here with his girlfriend.  I introduced myself (we're not dating, but he's viciously good looking and gets a lot of attention he doesn't want ... we generally act as each others 'out' if we get attention we don't want) and she stayed and chatted with us for a bit longer.

Okay, here is where it gets bizarre and dramatic.  I excused myself to the ladies and the woman followed me in and completely chewed me out about how I wasn't good enough for him and blah blah to which I just laughed (it was so surreal, couldn't do anything but) and then she slapped me.  Thankfully, a woman that works there and knows me was in the ladies as well.  She's now banned from the property, and I told her I wouldn't press charges if she would leave quietly.  She had the common sense to do it.

My friend felt entirely guilty for the incident, but he had naught to do with it.  It's a mystery to me. In her mind, I was dating this guy and she thought that my berating and assaulting me she could somehow be with him? Why fixate? For all she knows, he could be a completely miserable a**hole.  And I could have had her arrested, so this could have messed up other areas of her life.  She was so self-righteous and indignant, saying I should be banned from the property for being a b**** and that she hadn't done anything wrong.

I was already in a very down mood today, and this just put me over the edge.  I've retreated to bed with pups, YouTube and too much hot cocoa.

I only have a few close female friends and I guess it's because I have seen a lot of this type of behavior and have had a few other bad experiences. I'm really grateful to have seen this wonderful camaraderie which seems to abound on BT and shows me there are a lot of great, supportive women out there. Life is too short, and women do have a number of uphill battles in this world ... I don't know why many insist on tearing each other down when we should be supportive of each other or, at the very least, not cause problems for each other.  That, along with post-incident micheladas and tequila shots, has given me a headache and a lot of confusion ... I just don't get it at all.

PS: The only funny take-away from the whole thing was she did say 'I don't give a f*** how pretty you are.'  First time I've been called pretty in years and it was during a really horrid incident.  Oh, the irony.

Thanks ... done with the rant.

Re: One-sided Catfights and General Confusion: a Rant.

That is so high school bully style. She wants the man, didn't get it and is taking her frustration out on you. Nothing else. Don't worry about it, altho if your friend feels bad you can tell him to cover your drinks next times you guys hang out. =P

You did nothing wrong. I can laugh/shrug off most things ppl say about me, but that slap? oh ho, be glad she didn't slap me because I would've retaliated. Anyways, I'm sure your pup appreciate the extra attention. =)

Oh my, why is it her business anyways. He obviously was not interested in her or he would not have given her the brush off in the first place. Hope you have some marshmallows more cocoa! Hey at least she thought you were pretty. Sounds like she had too much to drink instead of you! She must have felt pretty rejected to go off on you like that. 

How horrible!  So sorry that you had to go through that but glad that you could find something funny in the whole debacle.

Wow! I didn't know slapping existed outside of soap operas. Lol. I hope you feel better after YouTube and hot cocoa. You did nothing wrong, in fact you were nice enough to not press charges. I think that woman should count her blessings she's not dealing with officers and such after disgracing herself like that!

Neither did I.  I guess I could say my drama experience was complete if I'd had a drink thrown at me.  Still sucks massively, but I'm trying to find some levity in the situation.

She seems off her rocker. I know the slap had to have caught you off guard because you didn't do anything wrong. If there is a next time though, that boo boo decides to get in your personal space give her some of her own medicine.  

No one has the right to reach out and touch someone unless that someone touched them first. Some females need to knocked upside the head a few times to get that. 

Quotidianus-- How atrocious! I can't believe that there are grown women out there that act that way!!! I am so very sorry this happened to you, especially if you were already feeling sad!! *HUGS* I'm not sure why she was fixated or what on Earth made her think it was in any way appropriate for her to behave that way! *moreHUGS* Enjoy your puppy love and feel better soon!! 

Wow, I didn't think people actually acted like that outside the movies. The nerve that people have. I'm cringing for her.

I think you handled a very bad situation well and you acted like a true Lady.

I second that! You are more of a lady than I would have been!!!

I have to say that you handled yourself with dignity and class. I can assure you that I wouldn't have been so even-keeled. In all honesty, if some random stranger slapped me, I'd guarantee that she couldn't leave that bathroom without assistance from an EMT. But you definitely did the right thing.

I'm with Killah. Lady- like goes out the window at physical contact!!! Kudos to you!

So funny... I read this as "Lady goes out the window!" And I immediately thought, Hey! That's what I would do!!!

Haha!!

Are you completely sure your friend didn't know this woman before today?  It almost sounds like a one and done that happened to see him in the restaurant and sniff around.  It would also explain him feeling guilty over what's otherwise a completely ransom crazy incident.

I'm sure.  He was one of my first close friends when I moved here and I knew no-one, so he made it his mission to look out for me.  He's like a brother.  Plus he has no issue in telling me about exploits ... this was just a weird situation.

Wow,

It is good that you took the high road.  I am sure,that was hard to do.  You didn't do anything you need to regret.

It reminds me of a quote

" never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

That is a great quote!

Thanks!

I think you handled the situation extremely well, it would be hard to keep your cool when someone mistreats for no reason at all!

If I were a guy, this is where I would make a terrible PMS joke. On the more serious note, the only explanation (the reason, not the justification) of her behavior that I can see is that she might have overdone it with the drinks during brunch. I've noticed that alcohol on top of rejection does horrendous things to people's mind and behavior.

I genuinely applaud you for being so gracious in handling this situation. I can only imagine how out of place you must have felt. Sending you virtual hugs and marshmallows!

I'm with Killah and Bombshell. If I was in your situation, I'd take off my earrings and go in! I would've pressed charges against her as well.

I used to be that girl a long time ago, but after a really terrible experience something snapped and I just let everything go.  It's not that it doesn't bother me, because it absolutely does.  But I guess I felt like if I retaliated, she at some point would find her behavior and actions justified.  Maybe there is a small chance now that she will have a chance to reflect on it, and see that it was asinine and do something different in future.  I'm don't necessarily think that's probable, but I hope it's possible.

True this!!! 

You know I must chime in here...first, I would have handled the situation exactly the way you did and taken the high road, which would be her @ss sailing out of the ladies room, after a good right and left. One is to learn in kindergarten to keep their hands to themselves. She put her hands on you! She drew the first blood.

If your way worked, that is fine. Myself, I do not take kindly to men or women being physically aggressive towards me. It might depend on how I was dressed too. UGGS and leggings, it would have been on!  

74 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • upload_5548752430252783632.jpg
  • IMG_20130526_203859.jpg
  • pea soup.png
  • hipster doge.jpg