Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

@WinglessOne, you are making me want to buy all the brush...

@WinglessOne, you are making me want to buy all the brushes ๐Ÿ˜„ (and I own a lot ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ).

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations @WinglessOne. Great comparison photos and descriptions.

@WinglessOne  Congratulations!! Canโ€™t wait to see all the looks you use with them!!

Congratulations @WinglessOne! The comps are greatly appreciated, hope you got some ๐Ÿ˜ด so you are able to do some experimenting today!

Yay! Congratulations @WinglessOne!โค๏ธ

Yaaaaaaay!! @WinglessOne congratulations lovely!!

Congratulations, @WinglessOne !  Looking forward to your reviews!  Thanks for the comparison pics.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Congratulations, @WinglessOne !  Great idea to show comparisons between brands for similar types of brushes.  This is educational for me and I love to learn.

That was a good idea to show the comparisons, @WinglessOne

Oh em gee! Congratulations @WinglessOne. Good comparison! Canโ€™t wait to hear more. Iโ€™m so excited for you. Enjoy!

@WinglessOne   The tip of the Sephora Pro crease brush looks super soft; I like that!  Even marginally scratchy brushes are too tough anymore.

These look so awesome @WinglessOne  Congrats !! I was eyeing some Pro brushes when they were on sale but waited too long and they went OOS, money saved for me ๐Ÿ˜€

I am hoping that my post will take this time. 
AMIKA - Flash Instant Shine Hair Mask , I used this for the first time yesterday in place of my DevaCurl One Condition. This product had an unexpected benefit. My thick wavy hair takes anywhere from 8 - 10 hours to air dry. Our weather was raining today and for a change my hair was not frizzy. My hair feels so soft.

i tried LILAH B. - Aglowโ„ข Priming Oil and this was a product I never realized that I needed. My foundation is not settling in my fine lines. I feel like my skin has a glow from within. It absorbed into my skin quickly.

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip Pop is an interesting product. I have tried this as a balm by applying multiple layers. It reminded me of IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment Je Ne Sais Quoi. I have used it as a primer by only applying one layer and it does a decent job of keeping my lipsticks intact. I also used it to mildly exfoliate my lips. It does leave a pretty pink stain.
I am not able to tag Lancรดme Absolu Lip Balm. Unfortunately it did not feel moisturizing enough but it does leave a pretty berry like stain. I found that neither balm truly plumped my lips.

Thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity Sephora and Team BIC.

@Loretta55  Great reviews! Yeah, I couldn't tag the lancome either. In fact, I couldn't even find it on the site.

Thank for your reviews, @Loretta55! I'm going to look at...

Thank for your reviews, @Loretta55! I'm going to look at the Amika mask - I love a good hair mask.

Re: Thank for your reviews, @Loretta55! I'm going to look at...

I highly recommend the AMIKA - Flash Instant Shine Hair Mask@curlychiquita . I am hoping that it will become available for purchase in a larger size.

@Loretta55  Awesome reviews!!! 

@Loretta55 - Happy to hear the Amika worked so well on your hair!

I have tried other products to help speed up the hair drying process but the Amika product had multiple benefits @Titian06. Also, I should have mentioned that my lips are already dry.

@Loretta55, Yes, your write up came through ๐Ÿ‘ Glad to he...

@Loretta55, Yes, your write up came through ๐Ÿ‘ Glad to hear your thoughts on those products and glad the hair product worked well for you.

Feeling very special this week. 2 gratis packages for me! My v day gift came a bit late because it was sent to my old address. I'm really excited about the jelly glosses. Thanks @TeamBIC

I tried the Glow Recipe lip pop. I was really not impressed the 1st time this morning. It went on rough and didn't feel moisturizing. I tried it again later and it was much smoother. A little grit was there but smoothed out after a bit. This has a really lovely shimmer and smells great. It didn't keep my lips moisturized all day, but the shimmer and yummy watermelon scent won me over. It wasn't super gritty, but I didn't love that.

I am pretty terrified of the facial oil after The Ordinary squalane oil broke me out really badly. I'll try to work up the courage to try it.

I will report back on the rest.

20200304_215901.jpg

20200306_191843.jpg

20200306_192700.jpg

20200306_192321.jpg

20200306_200239.jpg

6,250 Replies
testing