Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: Gratis Check-Ins๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@eshoe totally agree about the detox shampoo! I got a random sample of it and it's one of the best detox shampoos I have used! 

How do you find the Kaja in terms of glitteryness. I swatched some of the blushes and highlight in store but I was worried about the sparkle effect 

@Kim888 some swatches for you. I have medium skin/neutral undertones for reference:26F48F6B-9D28-45AA-BE01-4FEB15010115.jpeg

DDDAD875-4C94-4FB2-9930-6DCC8F750B65.jpeg

I will do a couple swatches on my daughter and I tomorrow in natural light with some comps @Kim888. Sorry I did not get a notification ๐Ÿ™„ otherwise I would have done this today. Becca Opal is blinding compared to this.

@eshoe I really like the LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo

as well!  I didn't receive it in gratis like you did but I initially received a mini as a GWP and since then I've purchased a couple of the full size--I knew I'd want one as a backup!

Backups are a great benchmark, @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe you're selling me on the kaja!  I initially had purchased a bunch of cream stick highlighters thinking that it would be easy to throw on or take with me for a quick look... several attempts with a very distinct highlighter cheek line later, I buff it out with a sponge, which totally defeats the purpose of something that is easy to apply and go ๐Ÿ˜‚(Side note: starting this thread was the worst/best idea because my "next product to try" list has grown exponentially after seeing all the reviews in one place)

Oooh I ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— my Kaja @cianni! I prefer a more natural as opposed to blinding highlighter for reference. Iโ€™ve tried applying it with a brush (the Anastasia Beverly Hills A23 Pro Brush โ€“ Large Tapered Blending Brushbut it barely shows up. As much as I prefer not to use fingerstip application, itโ€™s what helps give this such a beautiful glow.

And yes. I hear ya. I want to buy every mask out there just to see what itโ€™s like ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love the LP triple detox too @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜Š

Very few products help make my hair better, @faeriegirl, and this is one of them. Thank goodness my skin is more tolerant ๐Ÿ˜„

I love this thread. I got a gratis a few months ago. I still use fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g

i initially loved Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g It worked great until it got in the 90s. Iโ€™ll use it again when it cools down as it feels better and doesnโ€™t irritate like my normal deodorant 

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow PaletteStill beautiful but Iโ€™m using the GoT palette more because thatโ€™s just my mood right now. 

My sister was given VIKTOR&ROLF - Flowerbomb Midnightdue to my allergies and she likes it. Not really a great description but thatโ€™s how she does. ๐Ÿ˜‚ TBH I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever heard her say she didnโ€™t like a perfume  

Cross Posting -

was also lucky enough to receive this gratis! Thank you so much @SephoraBIC, Sephora, GK, Shiseido, Lilah B, Kiehlโ€™s, Drybar, and  Ouai !!!! I am so excited about trying all of these products - they are all new to me ! So I already tried a couple of the products because I can never wait to do that! 

1. I tried the SHISEIDO - WASO: Hydrating Gel Beauty Sleeping Mask last night. It has a super clean and fresh scent sort of like a mild soap which is very relaxing. It is very lightweight and gel like in texture. It was on easily and absorbed fairly well - my skin was a bit tacky at first but within about 15 minutes it had fully absorbed. This morning my face felt moisturized and plumped. I would definitely use this again - it is going to be great for summer when some of my thicker sleep masks might be too much. 

2. Drybar Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo 3.5 oz/ 100 gtoday was a dry shampoo today and I always spray my hair the night before so it has time to absorb oil overnight. This does go on totally clear which is a huge plus for me as I have super dark hair so anything with a white powder shows up no matter how hard I try to let it absorb. This morning my hair did look less greasy so it did the job there. However, this product does not add any volume - my hair often gets a little flat when greasy so it is still looking a bit limp today. My hair did not have that powdery feeling dry shampoo often leaves behind though so another plus there

3. LILAH B. - Lovingly Lip Tinted Lip Oil - b.elegant so first let me say this shade is really lovely. Nudes can often wash me out but this is dark enough not to do so - it's the perfect work lip color for every day. It was a little bit thicker than I would expect  - it applies very evenly but it was a little hard to get enough on the wand -  I had to dip in a couple of times. I haven't been wearing it long enough to comment on wear time, but I would compare this to the nars velvet lip glide in terms of texture and feel on the lips. Overall it's comfortable to wear and doesn't feel drying, but I wouldn't call it a lip oil. 

4. Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL- I did not try this yet but it smells good. I love the brand so I am excited to try this out! I will come back with feedback!

5. OUAI - After Sun Body Soother - I did not try this yet but it's been on my list! I can't wait to try it after a day in the sun! It sounds like it will be great!!

6. IGK Antisocial Leave-In Dry Hair Mask 5 oz/ 187 mL- so I hadn't heard of this but I am so excited to try it out! I have super dry and frizzy hair that I try to avoid washing too much so this sounds like it's going to be my perfect product for in between days. I will deff come back and give a review once I try it out!!! 

IMG_5973.jpgIMG_5970.JPGIMG_5968.JPGIMG_5965.JPG

This is a great gratis, @Kim888. The lip oil (even if it doesn't feel like an oil) sounds very nice!

thanks @curlychiquita ! it's definitely a nice product!

Congratulations on your gratis @Kim888 ! You have many great products to use, enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@keana1  thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats on the gratis, @Kim888!  I had actually heard of the IGK a day or two before it officially launched on the Sephora site and was immediately intrigued because it sounds amazing!

@CookieGirl1 thanks! I can't wait to see how it works! It does sound very interesting 

Congrats on this awesome gratis, @Kim888! I have to say that ALL of those products look like they are going to be fun to try. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

thank you @eshoe !

oh that's awesome gratis @Kim888 enjoy

oh that's awesome gratis @Kim888 enjoy

Re: oh that's awesome gratis @Kim888 enjoy

@lmaster  thank you!

12 Replies
testing