Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: Gratis Check-Ins๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thank you so much @PinkEvergreen many many loves โค๏ธ

RE: Gratis Check-Ins๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@cianni great thread idea.

Great idea @cianni And congrats on your gratis box. I have a few more items to review my lovely gratis box and felt like my reviews were kind of getting lost in that specific thread.

Thanks for starting this thread, @cianni !

@cianni ,

A Gratis Check-in Thread is a great idea!

Ahhhh thank you thank you @TeamBIC and @toofaced for this!! As a self-described mascara junkie, and die-hard TOO FACED - Better Than Sex Mascara  fan, I was super intrigued when I heard about this release, and am so grateful to be able to give this one a try before itโ€™s โ€œofficiallyโ€ released! As Iโ€™ve come to expect with Too Faced, the packaging is gorgeous and on point. Itโ€™s actually quite heavy and feels pretty luxe. The bag is adorable too!98C3B767-B536-4755-8602-831E0AB92D33.jpeg

now - this mascara makes some bold claims, such as 24h wear, and the photo on the outer packaging seems to indicate that the Dang, Girl! (The BIC appropriate name๐Ÿ˜‚) Mascara is gonna give crazy length and volume. Iโ€™m gonna give it a wear test tomorrow, and some with/without photos, and a comparison of the BTS wand and this new one. Updates to follow probably on Sunday! 

Thank you again for picking me to receive this gratis!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• so excited to try it tomorrow!

Congratis!! @cianni  Everything looks gorgeous. 

I received the LP Triple Detox Shampoo in a February Gratis box.  I decided to test it out again last night since it had been a while and this thread reminded me I should do another update.

I've used this a few times, and I do like it, but I'm not sold on needing it.  I find that I need quite a bit of product to get my entire head done.  After the shampoo, my hair feels like straw, If you've ever dyed your hair a lighter colour and know that super dry bleached out feeling, this is it, times 10.  I put a hair mask on in lieu of conditioner, the Too Cool For School Egg Remedy Hair Pack.  I really like this hair mask and it transformed my straw hair into smooth, silky strands.  Today I found that my hair got a bit oily earlier in the day than it usually does.  I'm thinking this is from overcompensating for getting my scalp scrubbed extra clean. IMG_3049.jpg

@missjeanie thanks for checking in! Thatโ€™s interesting about the extra oil production. That dry-straw feeling description is giving me serious flashbacks to when I first started lightening my hair, and had no idea about purple shampoo or hair masks ๐Ÿ˜‚ super hey AND brassy, not the best look LOL. Thanks for the mini review on the TCFS. I got a foil of the TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL - Egg Mellow Creamages ago and I remember being oddly into it, although I never ventured into anything else from the line, aside from a couple sheet masks here and there. did you pick it up at winners? I feel like Iโ€™ve seen one or two in the last couple months but I didnโ€™t pick it up

@cianni I grabbed the hair mask from a little shop in Wisconsin where a friend was getting his hair cut last year.  I was back there about a month ago and they still had them in stock.  I've tried the shampoo as well but the hair mask is a star!  Completely recouped the straw like hair into silk!  Glad to know it's popped up at Winners though.  I'll keep an eye out going forward, this stuff is amazing!

Congrat @missjeanie ! Enjoy!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, @cianni! It can be so hard to keep up with a million different gratis threads sometimes, haha. 

Right! @quspork Iโ€™ve noticed that there have been a few different ones on the go at a time, and sometimes the Canadian versions are different, and I just canโ€™t keep up ๐Ÿ˜‚ plus by the time I go to review something Iโ€™ve been using for a while, I have to locate and resurrect an ancient thread ๐Ÿ‘ป

A tag along idea, to @cianni 's idea. Would it be helpful to have a master list/thread of gratis threads?

I would start with 2019, possibly by month spoilers, and have the master list link back to here and vs versa.

@TrysBeautyItems Thatโ€™s an idea!! And that way if someone has a question about specific items they would be able to tag someone who has the chance to try it. I could make a spreadsheet and then keep a link to it in the OP? Or just a list in the OP if that makes it easier! We could start in 2019. If everyone could PM me maybe gratis they received and what month I can put it together this weekend!

I can help with it as well ๐Ÿ™‚

@gonerogue totally agree about the dry shampoo! I am loving that it goes on totally clear!

@gonerogue Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am obsessed with the 

Drybar Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo 3.5 oz/ 100 gEnjoy!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  My pleasure! The Drybar is a game changer in my book as well and I'm glad to share my positive experience with it so others can give it a fair shot ๐Ÿ™‚

@gonerogue Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Lilah B lip oil. I like some of their products and wondered about that one. Looking forward on your reviews/final thoughts for the products you received ๐Ÿ™‚

@gonerogue Congratulations on your gratis. Thank you for your reviews and pics. 

3 Replies
testing