Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@missjeanie I have wavy hair that I get straight permed. I am a die hard Oribe, Pureology and Alterna fan but more Oribe. I tried the Amika gratis gifts and I canโ€™t say that I would purchase them for my hair type. 

Oribe dry shampoo and texturizing spray are my HG. 

Wow @SportyGirly125 I'd never heard of straight perming before.  I have wavy hair that I used to curl every morning with a large barrel iron.  So my ends are split and dry and my roots get oily quite quickly.  I've only ever tried the texturizing spray from Oribe.  Maybe I should add some to my January BumBum Shampoo and Conditioner order and just call it a Hair Haul! I'm forever in search of the 'perfect' dry shampoo, the Amika is as close as I've come, but I'm willing to try the Oribe too!

@SportyGirly125   Congratulations!  I think the Gucci will look especially gorgeous on you. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6 Thank you. It does look like a really great red. I would layer the Dior lipgloss on top. 

Congratulations @SportyGirly125.๐Ÿพ Thatโ€™s amazing. Hope you enjoy everything and find some new favorites!

@dapt529 Thank you. I hope so too. 

Congratulations on receiving this lovely December Gratis from Sephora, @SportyGirly125 !  The Dior Addict Lip Glow Oil seems especially perfect for you!

@tsavorite Itโ€™s a really pretty shade and I love a good gloss. 

Definitely can't wait to hear what you think of the banana cream, @SportyGirly125!  Does it smell as amazing as it sounds?

@CookieGirl1 It really smells like banana pudding. I tried it today and wouldnโ€™t call it a cream. Itโ€™s more borderline gel/cream.  I think if you have dry/really dry skin and need hydration this wouldnโ€™t be the right product unless you lather another moisturizer on top of it. 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks for the rundown!  I'm anxious to smell it now--it sounds dreamy!--and from what you're describing, maybe it's better as a light summertime moisturizer?  At any rate, thanks for sharing your opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

@CookieGirl1 For my dry skin type itโ€™s definitely a light moisturizer.  I would definitely need to lather another moisturizer on top. 

Congrats on amazing gratis @SportyGirly125 

would love to hear your thoughts on GR banana cream since itโ€™s ski one free moisturizer. Also on Amikka products, how do those compare to LP triple detox shampoo.

@naturalooks15 I tried the Banana Soufflรฉ and wouldnโ€™t call it a cream. Itโ€™s more borderline gel/cream.  I think if you have dry/really dry skin and need hydration this wouldnโ€™t be the right product unless you lather another moisturizer on top of it.  Iโ€™m a die hard Pureology, Alterna and Oribe fan so I am curious how Amika compares to them 

Wahoooooo!!! Congratulations on an amazing gratis @SportyGirly125! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’• Youโ€™re going to rock those lippies! 

@itsfi Awww thanks 

Congratulations @SportyGirly125!

@faeriegirl Thank you

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @SportyGirly125. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

@Loretta55 Thank you. I tried the Banana Soufflรฉ today and wouldnโ€™t call it a cream. Itโ€™s more borderline gel/cream.  I think if you have dry/really dry skin and need hydration this wouldnโ€™t be the right product unless you lather another moisturizer on top of it.  The YSL Neon Perfume is so perfect for me.  Itโ€™s a sweet, fruity scent 

Woohoo congrats @SportyGirly125!! This is such a beautiful gratis. Iโ€™m excited to try that Amika, it sounds so interesting. I should have posted here, will make sure to share updates in the right place from now onโ˜บ๏ธ 

6,253 Replies
testing