Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@CookieGirl1  thanks for your thought son the Kilian!

It's definitely unique, @ChristalM.

@CookieGirl1  ๐Ÿ™‚

I just ordered the mini to try ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you like it, @ChristalM!

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @CookieGirl1. Thank you for the swatches. We have similar skin tones so I have a good idea of how it will look on me. Please let me know if the serum helps with frizz.

Glad that the swatches were helpful, @Loretta55.  I love looking at other peoples' swatches too :).

@CookieGirl1 Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Thanks, @SportyGirly125!

What a fun mix of products! I love the look of the new Naked palette. The colors are gorgeous!

Congratulations,  @CookieGirl1!  These loom like great products.  I love the colors in the UD Naked Honey!

Thank you, @curlychiquita!  It was fun unboxing everything.

I was so very excited as well as completely humbled and grateful to have received this amazing gratis from Sephora!  Thank you so much @TeamBIC & @Sephora!

20190922_090353.jpg20190922_091001.jpg

Included in the gratis were...

Drybar Jump Start Quick Dry Blowout Serum 4 oz/ 120 mL

I was just at a Sephora this past Saturday and one of the beauty advisors recommended I pick up a blowout serum.  I never thought to try one because I don't blow dry my hair.  I do, however, straighten it and she said it would help with heat protection and frizz.  I tried this out & that morning at work my friend immediately commented on how good my hair looked, how it was a lot smoother than normal & wanted to know what I did.  Before posting my overall review I do want to give this another go because I had just done a hair mask prior to putting this in & I want to see if I will get the same result without the hair mask.  First impression is overwhelmingly positive, and if I get the same result without the hair mask I can see this being a HG product for me.

HUDA BEAUTY Life Liner Double Ended Eyeliner Liquid & Pencil

I haven't tried the liquid yet (truth be told I'm a little intimidated since I usually use the felt tip liners), but I do really like the pencil side.  It goes on really dark and super smooth, and it smudges out really well.

KILIAN - After Sunset Eau de Parfum

Sadly, I can't really review this as perfumes in general tend to be way too strong for me, but I am going to gift this to a friend and ask them to give me their thoughts on it, and I'll let you all know.

KORRES - Hydra Biome Probiotic Superdose Face Mask With Real Greek Yoghurt

I haven't had a chance to try this one out, but being the mask lover that I am, this is one I am SUPER excited about.  Rest assured a review will follow both here and on the masking thread.

OUAI - Super Dry Shampoo

This was also recommended to me during that same trip to Sephora last Saturday.  I've only had a chance to try it once, but my initial thoughts are that it works really well.  It doesn't leave a white cast on your hair (really important to me since I have black hair) & does not weigh your hair down (also important to me since I have fine hair).  In fact, this actually helps with volume so that a major plus to me.  The only downside, in my opinion, is how strong the fragrance in this is.  If you're sensitive to fragrance this may not be the product for you.

URBAN DECAY - Naked Honey Palette

I have been using this palette every day since I got it.  The colors are absolutely gorgeous & I really wish I could get a pic that shows the depth of these shades.  Unfortunately, all of my pics make them seem more washed out.  The nice thing about this palette is that it's versatile enough for you to create both evening looks as well as daytime looks, and if you're a fan of the UD Naked palettes this one will not disappoint!  The shimmers blend like a dream, but as I have experienced in previous Naked palettes, the mattes are little more of a challenge.  They aren't bad, just not as effortless.  Overall, I think it's a super solid palette, and particularly for the price point.

Here's my attempt at trying to get the vibrancy, but failing completely. ๐Ÿ˜ž  I promise they are way more gorgeous and have a lot more depth.

20190924_074845.jpg

UPDATE:  I am 100% sold on the Drybar Jump Start Quick Dry Blowout Serum.  I tried it again (without having used the hair mask) and it's still amazing!  My hair has always tended to get frizzy, fly away, and fluffy.  This really smooths my hair without weighing it down.  Who knew that someone who doesn't even blow dry their hair would need a blowout serum in their life?!  Oh yeah, Sephora did!  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Congratulations, @mrsmouse !  I  enjoyed reading your thoughts!  The Naked Honey Palette is lovely on you!  Thanks for sharing this look!

Thank you so much @tsavorite๐Ÿ™‚

Congrat @mrsmouse ! Wow! Love your eye look!!! Heart

Thank you so much @blackkitty2014!

@mrsmouse  Wow these colors look incredible on you! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! 

Thank you so much @trishavt!  The colors look so much more vibrant IRL.  I wish I could have captured that.  ๐Ÿ˜•

P.S. those colours look great on you! @mrsmouse 

Aw, thanks again @l8totheparty!  They are WAY more vibrant IRL & I really do LOVE the colors.  My only issue with this palette is the same issue I have with the other UD Naked palettes in that the mattes are harder/more challenging to blend.  It can absolutely be done, but it takes more work.  Keep in mind, Natasha Denona is my favorite in terms of formulas for shadows, but you can't really compare a $129 palette with a $49 palette, ya know?

So exciting for you!  And now I want to buy that drybar heat spray because it's silicone-free, and, well, its turning into a 'pokemon' situation where I seem to want to try them all (all the silicone-free hair products!)

2 Replies
testing