Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: Gratis Check-InsπŸ›πŸŽ‰

@missjeanie thanks for checking in! That’s interesting about the extra oil production. That dry-straw feeling description is giving me serious flashbacks to when I first started lightening my hair, and had no idea about purple shampoo or hair masks πŸ˜‚ super hey AND brassy, not the best look LOL. Thanks for the mini review on the TCFS. I got a foil of the TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL - Egg Mellow Creamages ago and I remember being oddly into it, although I never ventured into anything else from the line, aside from a couple sheet masks here and there. did you pick it up at winners? I feel like I’ve seen one or two in the last couple months but I didn’t pick it up

@cianni I grabbed the hair mask from a little shop in Wisconsin where a friend was getting his hair cut last year.  I was back there about a month ago and they still had them in stock.  I've tried the shampoo as well but the hair mask is a star!  Completely recouped the straw like hair into silk!  Glad to know it's popped up at Winners though.  I'll keep an eye out going forward, this stuff is amazing!

Congrat @missjeanie ! Enjoy!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, @cianni! It can be so hard to keep up with a million different gratis threads sometimes, haha. 

Right! @quspork I’ve noticed that there have been a few different ones on the go at a time, and sometimes the Canadian versions are different, and I just can’t keep up πŸ˜‚ plus by the time I go to review something I’ve been using for a while, I have to locate and resurrect an ancient thread πŸ‘»

A tag along idea, to @cianni 's idea. Would it be helpful to have a master list/thread of gratis threads?

I would start with 2019, possibly by month spoilers, and have the master list link back to here and vs versa.

@TrysBeautyItems That’s an idea!! And that way if someone has a question about specific items they would be able to tag someone who has the chance to try it. I could make a spreadsheet and then keep a link to it in the OP? Or just a list in the OP if that makes it easier! We could start in 2019. If everyone could PM me maybe gratis they received and what month I can put it together this weekend!

I can help with it as well Smiley Happy

Chiming in with my latest gratis I received last night courtesy of @TeamBIC 

Thank you Team BIC for the wonderful goodies and thank you for including things I have been dying to try out!

I received a wonderful assortment of products and have already tested out 2 this morning πŸ™ˆ

My first test product was the DRYBAR - Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoothat I used on my second day hair. First impressions: it smells like warm vanilla! It’s got a light, vanilla scent that lingers only for a while before fading. There was also NO white residue from the dry shampoo which is a huge game changer if you ask me! I let the product absorb my oils for a good minute before working it in with my hands all over my roots. My hair instantly looked refreshed as it does when I first wash it. Even though I’ve only used it once, I can already tell this is going to replace all my current HG dry shampoos because of the smell and because it’s completely clear.

My second test product was the LILAH B. - Lovingly Lip Tinted Lip Oil - b.elegant

The oil went on like a gloss and has been sitting very comfortably on my lips for almost 4 hours now. There was transfer when I ate and drank but that is always expected when it comes to a glossy product. I love that I was sent the nude shade as I am a huge fan of nude lippies and so far as enjoying wearing the product. I will come back and leave my final thoughts on this in a few weeks as well to see if anything has changed. 

40347EAF-3D8D-4981-B876-D8F3AFCD2188.jpeg

AA287439-7691-451B-951C-16B78EF9EDCA.jpeg

23FE7F43-FFB8-402B-90E5-32AA777DCFF3.jpegLilah B lippie in B. Elegant

469C2D0E-1FF9-43F5-A706-7394A139D61E.jpegNo white residue!

F23333E8-F35E-46CF-9B55-7F6F3F03C86F.jpegLippie transfer

@gonerogue totally agree about the dry shampoo! I am loving that it goes on totally clear!

@gonerogue Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am obsessed with the 

DRYBAR - Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo!Enjoy!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  My pleasure! The Drybar is a game changer in my book as well and I'm glad to share my positive experience with it so others can give it a fair shot Smiley Happy

@gonerogue Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Lilah B lip oil. I like some of their products and wondered about that one. Looking forward on your reviews/final thoughts for the products you received Smiley Happy

@gonerogue Congratulations on your gratis. Thank you for your reviews and pics. 

@SportyGirly125  Thank you!

Congratulations, @gonerogue ! 

I enjoyed your reviews of the Drybar Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo and the Lilah B Tinted Lip Oil!  They both look great on you!

@tsavorite  Thank you! So far the two are winners in my book as well Smiley Happy

@gonerogue   Congratulations!  Great reviews- I need that dry shampoo.  I wish I'd seen this thread before I spent my gift card.  But, who am I kidding; I'll be back.  Smiley Happy

@Ispend2much6  I think the dry shampoo is a staple product we all need! I used my normal dry shampoo today and snapped a picture for comparison to the Drybar and wow, I can't believe how much I hate that white cast normal dry shampoo gives. I am convinced it will be the only dry shampoo I buy after I finish my stashes of other dry shampoos at home.

That's a pretty peach lippie on you, @gonerogue 

@l8totheparty  thank you!