cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place ๐Ÿคฃ

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

RE: Show Me Your Declutters!

One lone item here, but it has been one of the worst products Iโ€™ve used and I am so annoyed with myself for sticking with it this long. After posting my everyday look on another thread, I realized I was just repeating the same mistake over and over again, day after day. 4 grams of tarte lid lock were causing me to dread what should be my favorite part of my routine, my eyes. So I did some research and decided on the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„What a difference!!! I applied my makeup this morning around 9, and when I cleansed my face tonight after dinner, my eyes looked JUST like they did this morning! It was pretty unbelievable. The Nars was so easy to apply, and it worked. I was just about to toss the tarte, but itโ€™s such a pretty jar (glass, too) that I am going to empty it and find another use for it. I am SO relieved! Thanks for the everyday makeup thread, @Shosh85. Without it I would still be applying bad makeup ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: RE: Show Me Your Declutters!

Congrats on finding your HG eye primer @eshoeUnidentified!

I found one I love but for some reason keep trying others that wind up being far inferior. It's like I just love being disappointed by creased shadow at the end of the day ๐Ÿ˜† I do need to try that NARS though...as many rave reviews as it has, it could very well be tied for HG status with Smashbox 24hr for me.

RE: Re: RE: Show Me Your Declutters!

Thatโ€™s good enough for me to try smashbox, @RGbrown. This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever tried since using the tarte, and without trying another would easily rank this as #1. TY for your recommendationโ˜บ๏ธ

Re: RE: Re: RE: Show Me Your Declutters!

@eshoeUnidentified

If you do decide to try it, just make sure you get the 24hr version in the silver tube. Their other one, Lid Primer, is one I just put into my declutter pile for my next round of pics lol. 

I haven't tried tons either. Smashbox 24hr was my first, and so far my fave. Next runner up was UDPP, but it did give me some minor creasing from time to time. PUR Cease Crease and Smashbox Lid Primer have been abysmal. I have samples of Lorac Behind the Scenes and Too Faced Shadow Insurance lined up to try next, and then I'm just going to break down and buy the full size Smashbox 24Hr if neither wows me. I'll toss in a trial of NARS if I ever find a sample, but I doubt I'll buy it without testing first (even though I think it has excellent potential for me).

Sephora Play! has a variation with the Nars in it this month, @RGbrown....if youโ€™re a gambler, this is the time to throw the dice!๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoeUnidentified

Subscriptions never turn out the way I want...the only gamble for me would be "I wonder if I'll hate all 6 or just 5 of the products this time?" ๐Ÿ˜…

Well yes, thatโ€™s true, @RGbrown. Way too true! 

@eshoe I've heard such good things about the Nars primer!  Don't you love it when you find something that just WORKS?!

Yes, @CookieGirl1-and Iโ€™m finding a correlation with trying new things to finding something that works ๐Ÿ˜† If I would have dared venture out sooner, I wouldnโ€™t have wasted so much time trying to make a bad thing work. This was a good learning experience for me, so not all is lostโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe I need a good eyeshadow base , Iโ€™ll probably get the Nars one since it seems great! Thanks for letting me know about it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@keana1, it is so nice and applies so smoothly. For how it lasted-itโ€™s the longest-wearing eyeshadow primer Iโ€™ve used. I might pick up a backup just in case they decide to discontinue it๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe Better safe than sorry! I just hate it when companies D/C something that you really like! ๐Ÿ™„

@eshoe Yay! Iโ€™m so happy you found a product you like!! It always feels so good to find a holy grail! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿค—

@Shosh85, I am so relieved, cannot even tell you๐Ÿ˜‰

So glad you found this, itโ€™s my hg, and just about nothing stays on my hooded eyes without it. Urban Decay original primer potion does not work at all for me, but the Eden and Sin versions work pretty well. From the thumbnail and start of the post, I thought you were saying the NARS eye primer was terrible, and I was coming in to defend its honor, lol. @eshoe

@sister13, i didnโ€™t realize when I took the pic that the Nars would be so prominent so sorry about that! I can totally understand why it is your HG. I am just thrilled to have discovered something that works like itโ€™s meant to, and isnโ€™t a hassle to put on. Looks like Iโ€™m in good company๐Ÿ˜Š

Also, just remember when you get near the end of the tube, or it seems like the end, you can pop out the ring at the top pretty easily and you will seriously get another few weeks out of it. @eshoe

Ohhhh - So glad you found a new holy grail, @eshoe

I like the NARS eyeshadow base, but love Urban Decay Potion Primer even more - have you tried that one? 

I also sometimes use NYX Milk stick on top of my primer potion if I want my eyeshadow to pop even more. โค๏ธ

@Tamara76, it was seriously between the Nars and the UD. Then I read something about the UD applicator being annoying, and with no other first-hand knowledge, bought the Nars. All I knew is that anything had to be better than what I was using๐Ÿ™„

@eshoe Oh yeah, the UD Primer Potion doe foot applicator stinks - I just don't use it and instead squeeze a little out of the tube and use my beauty blender micro mini to apply. โค๏ธ

Ooh, thx for the tip, @Tamara76. I have never used nyx, I just did a quick search on another site and they have a cottage cheese in addition to milk stick? Laughing but I will have to try the milk now.

1 Reply
testing