cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show Me Your Declutters!

I received an order today with four new lipsticks,

(Lancome L'Absolue Lacquer...I will never ever stop mentioning these every-dang-where ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜)

but had absolutely no room for them in my containers. While the thought "buy more containers" crossed my mind for a brief second, I quickly dismissed it as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with too much stuff. I'd been pulling out one or two here and there, but today was the big reckoning!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!Sorry I didn't stage a better pic, but that's 55 lip items that are now gloriously gone from my stash!

This is only the stuff I pulled today; I have a small train case packed full of the other lippies (and some palettes) that I've been slowly pulling over the last couple of months. Do I still have more I could get rid of? Yeah, most likely...if I was on the fence, I erred on the side of keeping it rather than tossing. And I didn't swatch every single keeper to weed out similar shades, so there's probably still a good bit of overlap in my berry-heavy collection. But my oh my, I feel soooo much better now. I found not only things I had forgotten about, but things I really had no clue I even owned in the first place ๐Ÿคฃ

So...do you have too much too? Ready to clear up some space and salvage a little sanity? Share your declutters with us; we wanna see it! 

Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

I feel your pain on all the lip samples there. Also used the Pacifica Sugared Dreams. As far as eyeliners go nowadays, MJ is pretty nice for everyday, easy to apply and pretty forgiving if you are using the Metallics (Ro cocoa). Pencils pull, this does not. Iโ€™ve been using a gel liner with Shiseidoโ€™s eyeliner pen as well. Itโ€™s fairly inexpensive with prime and it looks like it isnโ€™t worth its money but it works wonderfully.

@eshoeUnidentified

I've tried a sample of the MJ liners and while I liked it ok, I wasnt impressed enough to spend that much (it was abysmal in my water line despite being HG for that purpose for many, and was my main reason for trying it). But I still have dozens of other liners I like...clearing these few out did not hurt my stash in any way ๐Ÿ˜…

Well, yeah, I have no hope in the waterline area, @RGbrown. Thatโ€™s just a given for me. I think a wing that doesnโ€™t look like Morse code is pretty successful.

@eshoeUnidentified

There is hope for your waterline! Get a bottle of Inglot Duraline. It's a liquid mix-in that makes anything waterproof. I haven't been feeling like doing it lately, but mixed with any eyeshadow, it makes a killer waterline liner. It's the only thing that doesn't crumble on me within a couple of hours. The trade off of course is that it's a bit more work, but totally worth it when you want that little extra zing to a look! ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I wondered what that was for, @RGbrown. I

only guessed it was to make some sort of glued down glitter. When it seems everyone else knows what a product is meant for, itโ€™s kind of embarrassing to ask๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoeUnidentified

There's nothing to be embarrassed about! It's probably got a hundred and one uses that I don't know about, but I lurve it for my waterline. It's also good for thinning down dried out liquids (like the two mascaras I'm tossing lol).

This is so sad, but I gotta let all this go ๐Ÿ˜ž

IMG_0673.JPG

The Clean rollerball has something cloudy in it, the Tarte lipglosses irritate my lips, the ABH glosses get all over my teethe, the Pixi balm gathers in my lip lines and looks gross, and all the Nars is really, really old (I never reached for it anyway). Sigh...

@suzyo I donโ€™t like throwing things away but itโ€™s something that has to be done! Especially when makeup gets old or irritating! Why keep them ! They take up space and arenโ€™t good anymore, so bye bye they go !๐Ÿ—‘ It would be great if they were recyclable....

@suzyo This is so sad but so understandable! I feel the same way about the formulas of those lippies as well!

Great job clearing it out! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@suzyo

Congrats on letting go! All are excellent reasons (even if it's still a sad thing to do) ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm so impressed by you declutterers.  I have a hard time letting things go but you guys are so good!

@RGbrown Great thread!  I just had so much fun going through everyone's declutter pics and comments.  I love watching YouTube videos of peoples' declutters (and sometimes get a little jealous!) but it's so satisfying to get rid of things that you've been holding onto but really don't like.

RE: Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@CookieGirl1, I havenโ€™t watched any YT videos about that but I know when I am deciding what to toss, itโ€™s pretty frustrating thinking all of that product is going to waste. But then I remind myself, am I going to be a bad sister/friend and pass along stuff that I know doesnโ€™t work/causes breakouts/smells unbearable? So that helps me to decide:) itโ€™s just staying on task at that point๐Ÿ˜„

This is a great thread! I have to get on this!  I have so much unused stuff and stuff I just dont like anymore.  I even recently canceled most of my subscription boxes because it is getting just too much.  (i secretly inside miss getting them in the mail every month LMAO hoarding problems :D)

RE: Re: Show Me Your Declutters!

@jen143xo, me too. I skipped Allure this month, wish I would have gone with Play instead of the Luxe, but stepping away is the best remedy I think ๐Ÿ˜†

Awesome thread, @RGbrown!  I love decluttering and watching decluttering YT videos - lol!  

Too bad I missed this thread - I literally just decluttered all my samples yesterday - Threw out a small trashbag full of expired, old or janky samples and filled up 3 bags of skincare for my besties.  Took me about 3 hours and I also reorganized all my deluxe samples by brand - so satisfying! Now I know where to post in the future! โค๏ธ 

@Tamara76 Yay to decluttering ! Now everything can be organized and accounted for! I decluttered 3 weeks before @RGbrown posted this thread. I threw away 5 lipsticks and many old samples that I wouldnโ€™t want anyone to use! Lol ๐Ÿ˜œ

I need to clean out my lipsticks and palettes next, but the problem is that I have them stored in several places.  My beauty room revamp has been put on temporary hold so I will most likely wait until I get everything together in one place to sort through it all - I guarantee you I have many dupes!  @keana1

@Tamara76 Holy moly! โ€“ 3 bags in 3 hours?!? Great job gettinโ€™ all that done! Your besties are sure lucky to have you!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—

Thanks!  I have loads of folks in my life happy to take things off my hands - I had brunch with 2 friends recently and took a jumbo Ulta makeup bag full of foils and skincare ds for them to split and they were so excited they literally dumped it in a pile on the table and chose what they wanted - I wish I had more beauty junkie friends nearby so we could do sample trade parties!   @Shosh85

@Tamara76 Seriously! Sample trade parties would be so much fun! ๐Ÿ™Œ

testing