Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

I panned my Charlotte Tilbury setting powder. I saved the container. Where can I buy a refill (I just became rouge today)

@GGinPC Such a great product!  Refill worthy status is high praise!

Wow @GGinPC, that's impressive; congratulations! I find powder products challenging to pan; there's usually so much product to work through. Great work! 🙌 I've not seen a refill in my local stores, but you can purchase them online. I can't seem to tag the product (or refill), but let's see if this will bring up a link to the product page - Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder | Sephora - the refill are listed at the bottom - highlighted below.

CT - refill.png

If you scroll down, there's a tab titled "Buy Online & Pick Up" - see red below

itsfi_1-1720227787574.png

If you select that feature, you should receive a screen that looks like this. If you go and click the "check other stores" link - see red below

itsfi_2-1720227921650.png

You'll make your way to a window that looks like this - 

itsfi_4-1720228034032.png

You can fill in your city & state or zip code where highlighted and it will pull up Sephora stores near you (including Sephora at Kohl's stores) and there will be information on whether the refill is available in the store, has limited availabilty or is out of stock. If a store near you carries the item, you may be able to order online and pick up in store, or if it's offered, have it delivered to you same day (for a fee if you are not enrolled in that  program). Or, you can go into the store to pick it up, but if you were to elect to do that, I'd recommend you call ahead to see if they do, in fact, have it in stock in your shade - you may also be able to ask them to hold it for you if they carry it. 

(2nd time trying to post this bc the last post got eaten, ugh, anyway)

Well, I swear I had plans to post an end-of-May update at the beginning of June, and then I blinked and it was July already. Oops. So I will be posting May & June's updates together here. May was a very productive month for my project pan, and on the other hand June was not very productive at all, so I guess it all balances out. Hopefully in July I will be able to get back to making more progress again!

I am only including items I've actually made progress on/have updates to share.

Skincare items & goals

Spoiler
20240703_110248-01.jpeg
-Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliating Cleanser
Goal: finish
Starting status: ~3/4 full?
Update: this is actually a lot further along than I realized. I have been doing my best to use it relatively consistently, and it is about 1/4 full or less now.

20240703_110426-01.jpeg
-COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner
Starting status: 1/4 full
Update: you can see I've definitely made some progress with this one, although it's still stubbornly hanging in there. Maybe I'll be able to finish it in July?

LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides 
Starting status: 1/4 full
Update: a little progress, but not as much as I would like. I haven't been using this one as consistently as the COSRX.

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 
Starting status: about 3/4 full...ish
Update: a fair amount of progress, mostly thanks to mixing it in with my body lotion after showering (I do use it for my face at night as well).

-Bubble Skincare Come Clean Detoxifying Clay Mask
Starting status: nearly done, 1-2 uses left
Update: finished! 🎉

20240703_110017-01.jpeg
Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 
Starting status: about 1/2 full
Update: ~1/4 full now? I can see the bottom now, at least

20240703_090457-01 crop.jpeg
-sheet masks (all)
Goal: do a sheet mask weekly
Starting status: I'm not sure exactly how many I have, but it's a lot 😅
Update: 2 used - far short of my goal of 8, but at least I did go through a couple.

20240703_110000-01.jpeg
Alpyn Beauty Willow & Sweet Agave Plumping Lip Mask .35 oz/ 10 mL 
Update: this is sooo close to being finished now; I kind of slacked off on using it in June but as long as I get back on track I should definitely be able to finish it in July. I am thinking of moving it back to my bedside table, as I normally use it before bed, so I'm hoping that will help me remember to use it every night.

Hair care items & goals

Spoiler
-Garnier Fructis Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Mask with Avocado
Starting status: not much left, maybe 3-4 more uses?
Update: finished! 🎉 Will be replacing with my various hair mask samples and foils.

dae Stargloss Shine Hair Gloss Treatment 6 oz / 177 ml 
Goal: use consistently before showering
Starting status: almost full, only used a few times
Update: I think I used this before showering 4, maybe 5 times, and obviously I showered a lot more than that in 2 months, lol, so this is still a work in progress.

Makeup items & goals

Spoiler
3/30 used so far3/30 used so far
-Colourpop Fade Into Hue palette
Goal: use each shade at least once
Starting status: haven't used yet
Update: used 3 shades (Majestic, Nouveau, Zeitgeist)

4/15 used so far4/15 used so far
Natasha Denona Xenon Palette 
Goal: use every shade at least once
Starting status: haven't used yet (other than swatching it)
Update: used 4 shades (Snirt, Flurry, Sposh, Snowbow)

-Red & other bright lippies
Goal: do 3-4 looks monthly; use each at least 3x
Starting status: 28
Update: did 2 looks

My various looks using pan it! items so far:
20240504_164828-01.jpeg20240516_100524-01.jpeg20240518_084050-01.jpeg

Fragrance items & goals

Spoiler
-samples & travel sizes (all)
Goal: try each at least 2x; decide whether to purchase FS
Starting status: 226 samples & 47 trial/travel sizes
Update: added 35 samples (new total 261) & 3 travel sizes (new total 50)
-tried 5 samples 1x:
Valentino Donna Born in Roma Coral Fantasy Eau de Parfum 
Charlotte Tilbury Love Frequency Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray 
Charlotte Tilbury Joyphoria Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 mL eau de parfum spray 
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Energy Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray 
Charlotte Tilbury Calm Bliss Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray 
-tried 4 samples 2x:
Zoologist Hummingbird - definitely want the full size of this one*
Zoologist Nightingale
Charlotte Tilbury Cosmic Power Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray 
Charlotte Tilbury More Sex Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray 
-tried 1 travel size for the 2nd time:
KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 Eau De Parfum Intense  - will probably get the full size of this one

*technically this was in the last 2 days of April, but I am still counting it lol

-full size EDP (all)
Goal: use each at least 1x monthly
Starting status: 12
Update: used 1 - Floral Street Sunflower Pop Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 
Really have to get better about using my FS fragrances!

-scented candles (all)
Goal: light a candle at least 1x weekly
Starting status: 21
Update: week 1 lit candle 2x - DW Home Strawberry Basil
week 2 lit candle 1x - Scentworx Spring Bouquet
week 3 lit candle 2x - DW Home Strawberry Basil
week 4 lit candle 1x - DW Home Strawberry Basil
and again, nothing for June oops.

Nails items & goals

Spoiler
-nail polishes, press ons & nail art supplies (all)
Goal: do nails at least 1x monthly
Starting status: a lot, too lazy rn to count them all 😅
Update: did mani in May

it didn't come out perfectly, but I had fun with this oneit didn't come out perfectly, but I had fun with this one

So that's my progress for the past 2 months. I feel like I started off pretty strong, and then hardly made any progress in my second month (June). But I'm hoping to get back on track!

@caitbird That's quite a few items finished ... and quite a few others that are juuuuuusssst so close!!!  I'm looking forward to your next update with a few more finshed!

@missjeanie  thank you! I am happy to report I do have some good progress to share in my next update (which I will post at the beginning of August) 😁

@caitbird You are doing amazing! love those looks!

@Samtian  thank you so much! 💜

Fabulous job @caitbird your nails are too cute

@lmaster  thank you so much! 😊

Woah @caitbird! You are making major strides on all your pan it! products, but especially your skincare and hair care items - wowza! 😍 You are so close on so many products - #inspired You hit pan on a clay mask too!! That is no small feat! Great, great work! 

The shades in both those eyeshadow palettes are beautiful. I love the stars you used to show the shadows you used - the white with black outline looks fabulous! Speaking of fabulous, love the nails you are sporting in these update photos! 🖤

@itsfi  thank you so much! 💜 I posted my nails in Show Me Your Nails 2.0  too, I really like these ones!

At the start of this month life got flipped upside down haha. Most make up is getting packed away for safe keeping until October at the latest (hopefully things go well and I can talk about it then). Not to mention it's that time of year in the factory so I wouldn't be wearing anything anyway. Hopefully the CT stays decent until then! I was so so so ecstatic I finally hit pan in Robbery, I had a feeling it was coming soon. It's pan, just a crappy picture. 

June CT.jpgJune Discreet.jpgJune Lotion.jpgJune Milk.jpgJune Robbery.jpg

Lovely progress @Samtian !  Can't wait to hear about your good news come fall!!

@Samtian  wow, awesome job! So impressive to hit pan on an eyeshadow - I never have 😅 Good luck with your RL situation, I hope whatever it is goes well!

@caitbird Thank you so much! It's not easy that's for sure!

Great job!! @Samtian I hope it does go well! Now I'm intrigued!! 🤔

@lmaster Thank you! It's just a super full and busy chaotic household at the moment haha. 

Ahhhh yeaaahhh!! I am seeing a lot of pan in this update @Samtian and pan of any size, from the very first one to a fully panned product is always a sight to see. Super excited for you!! My first thought was "woah, she really cleaned out all that shadow!" and oh my goodness, the pans in that palette are DEEEP! You really worked through a lot! And, not a crappy photo at all! We're seeing more and more pan on that CT shadow too. Keeping my fingers crossed that it holds up, and keeping you in my thoughts! 

@itsfi Thank you! I was so excited to see pan in it! I think I hit pan faster in this one than I did the first one in this palette. 

Thre's something just so satisfying about seeing that first hint of pan in a shadow. And then it grows and grows and grows! Love it @Samtian! Any idea what factored into hitting pan faster with this one?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos323
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers
  • Highlighters
  • Highlighters 2