Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Welcome to the Pan It Challenge, 2022 Edition!!

I'm claiming a 2022 that's greater than our wildest imaginations, also for my longtimers this will be our FIFTH YEAR doing this challenge. Thanks to all who've stuck around and everyone who's tested themselves and jumped into the madness. You all are amazing ๐Ÿ˜˜

ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Fabulous progress, @ElleElleG!! I see the pan!! Definitely need to take more pictures next year; great advice!! 

Wow!! So very impressive @ElleElleG 

๐Ÿงก Thank you @lmaster 

@ElleElleG Whoa!!! You make such amazing progess!

Thanks @Samtian ! I didn't do nearly as much as I'd hoped by such is life.

@ElleElleG Happens to the best of us. 

Hold the ๐Ÿ“ž phone. ๐Ÿคฉ Wow. This is incredible @ElleElleG ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ๐ŸŒน

๐Ÿคณ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜‚ thank you for the support @blackkitty2014 

Wow, that palette may hold on awhile but you did serious damage! @ElleElleG I have no doubt Shell will be fully shelled.

hahaha thanks @heavyhedon 

Look at you go @ElleElleG! Itโ€™s so awesome to see more and more pan. Woohoo! I chuckled and nodded emphatically when I read โ€œget your magnifying glass outโ€ฆโ€ ๐Ÿ”  Itโ€™s pan and it counts, no matter how itty bitty it may start out! Ohhhh yeeaaahh!! Youโ€™ve really worked that shade - no need for a magnifying glass any more! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Lol, thanks @itsfi ! Anytime I think I see possible pan I claim it ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Way to go on hitting another pan ๐Ÿฅณ @ElleElleG great work on your palettes!

Thank you thank you @CynthieLu !!

@ElleElleG that's a ton of progress!!!

Thank you @cianni! I always think I do less than it seems, lol ๐Ÿงก

Hey y'all!  I owe you all some updates on the eyeshadow I'm panning and a new freaking thread because 2023 is less than 30 days away (seriously, WHAT?!?!).

Aiming to share my update this weekend. I'll wait until mid-month to create the 2023 thread so start thinking of your projects ๐Ÿ™ƒ

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

I love watching what everyone is panning... I'm typically horrible at it myself, but you all make me want to try again in 2023 @ElleElleG !!

I'm trying to lure you back in @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. When I got started to helped to pick something that was almost finished. Also just going with the flow instead of setting specific goals helped too.  I'll be sure to tag you in the new thread. ๐Ÿ˜

@ElleElleG @itsfi lol I've been kind of setting aside a few things and I'm hoping that I have 10 (figured a nice round number was good) items that I can give myself the year to finish.  I think in previous years I've tried to include things that I wouldn't really reach for but that I felt bad tossing and things that I wouldn't be able to finish in a year anyway (I'm looking at powder bronzers and I swear one will last me 10 years of daily use... if I used daily).  

<<just poking my head really quickly into this conversation>> I support this 100% @ElleElleG @missjeanie  Lure away elleelleg! Go, go, go!!! ๐Ÿ˜‡ <<poking my head out now>> ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos343
  • ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg
  • A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg
  • E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg
  • EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg
  • BTE + UTNG
  • Dec Perfume Pan.jpg
  • Ulta Eyeliner Pan Project.jpg
  • B2E72D87-03E7-4091-ACB8-EE6B85CC58F9.jpeg
  • yearlong, base minis, CoC, palette