Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Welcome to the Pan It Challenge, 2022 Edition!!

I'm claiming a 2022 that's greater than our wildest imaginations, also for my longtimers this will be our FIFTH YEAR doing this challenge. Thanks to all who've stuck around and everyone who's tested themselves and jumped into the madness. You all are amazing 😘

ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

TY @sister13 , glad you're finding the decluttering process easier, too.

Yes, it definitely was a combination of running out of room and then realizing I have too many products I love or want to try to waste time or space on the lackluster ones! @heavyhedon 

Hello panners! Exciting to see the posts so far for the new year and looking forward to see what everyone is working on!

ive chosen my products to do a rolling 10 pan. I selected 10 products with varying goals and when I meet a goal, I’ll roll a new product in.

B2E72D87-03E7-4091-ACB8-EE6B85CC58F9.jpeg

Product Goals:

1. Pretty vulgar highlight in Glimmers of BS- hit pan

2. No7 Lift and Luminate powder- hit pan

3. charlotte Tilbury cream shadow- Mona Lisa- 20 uses 

The rest of the products I would like to finish:

4. Fenty cream bronzer 

5. Dior concealer (worked on most of 2021)

6. Ilia lip oil mini 

7. Laura Mercier cavier stick (almost full and will prob take me most of the year)

8. L’Oréal black eyeliner (old- will be in for long haul)

9. Elf putty Primer

10.  Elf wow brow gel

Great selection @BluePaisley !

@BluePaisley Ooh what a great assortment! I can't wait to see all your progress!

@Samtian Thank you so much!

Nice selections, @BluePaisley!! I'm excited to see your progress on the caviar stick and the rest!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you! I remember a Laura Mercier stick being worked on last year, was that your project?

Yes, it was a mini one, @BluePaisley. In retrospect they do last a long time but I also was using a ton of palettes at the same time; if you're concentrating on mostly that it'll probably go quicker. 

Great picks @BluePaisley You've reminded me to pull out my Fenty Bronzer and try to use it more!  Possibly to test out my CT pot shadow as well.  I hate to say I've likely only used mine a handful of times.

@missjeanie @Awesome! Yes I like the fenty and since it’s cream I want to use it up since I’ve had it a while. I also don’t give my CT cream pot enough love either, this will help!

I'm not a huge bronzer gal myself, but I really do enjoy the Fenty cream @BluePaisley It'll be a good one for you to use for sure!

@BluePaisley Great products! I feel like that's the key to a successful project pan, selecting items you like and would actually want to use. Good luck 🙂

@AznAngelLiz for sure! If I’m not enjoying panning something I’ll declutter or rotate something else in its place! It’s supposed to be fun!

Wow! Such pretty products @BluePaisley! 😍 You're so good at using your products; this is going to be so fun to see you hit pan and use up the items you've been making such excellent progress on! 

Aw thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement! I hope I’m not being an over achiever with all the items I’m trying to finish! @itsfi 

@BluePaisley, I really like your choices and set up for this year's panning challenge. 😍 We all have different goals and products that are more challenging to us than to others so it makes perfect sense to pick items and put together goals that work for you and what you want to achieve with your collection this year!

Great lot of products @BluePaisley , I definitely understand wanting to get through some of those cream/liquid items. This will be great!

@heavyhedon thank you so much!!

Yay! I seem to hit my pan restarts in November so I've kinda already started on my major goal. I will not be flooding the thread with 30+ photos this time! But if I use up a whole photo I'll share it in an update. Along with the list I'm hoping to finish testing my eye shadow palettes which sits at 22 left, and working on two shades in the Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette. (But not at a heavy rate). And working on testing all my lipsticks as well. Based on those numbers I will not finish them this year but should get half way. In the spoiler I included my overall goals. They show how many I've Used/How many I have and the number behind is my goal to use per category and some say - that means I just want to work on actually using them. 

BTE + UTNGBTE + UTNGDec Perfume Pan.jpgUlta Eyeliner Pan Project.jpg

Spoiler
My Overall Goals-

Pan Project 2022- 102/765+

Lotions- /71    4

Small Mists- /5    1

Large Mists- /7   2

Perfume Samplers-  /100+   15

Minis- 1/39  1

Travel- 1/41  1

Large- /7 -

Lip Balms- /47  5

Cleansers- 4/23  5

Toners/Exfoliators/Peels- /28  4

Serum/Oil/Essence- 2/53  4

Eyes- /7  4

Moisturizers- /73  5

Misc Face/Mists- /11  5

Hair- 1/37  10

Shower Gels/Bath Stuff/Etc.- 4/22  20

Lip Masks/Scrubs- /17  3

Masks- /65  5

Eyeliner- /39  1

Lip Liner- /34  1

Face Make-Up- /26  6

Blush + Bronzer- /8  -

Misc- /20 -

@Samtian While working through your collection have you noticed any trends? (Types of items you gravitate towards/ brands you like more than others/etc)

For the palettes you’ve gone through have you decluttered (or considered decluttering) any?

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos343
  • ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg
  • A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg
  • E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg
  • EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg
  • BTE + UTNG
  • Dec Perfume Pan.jpg
  • Ulta Eyeliner Pan Project.jpg
  • B2E72D87-03E7-4091-ACB8-EE6B85CC58F9.jpeg
  • yearlong, base minis, CoC, palette