Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 & 2023 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Happy New Year gifs 2023 Animated Wallpapers, New Year 2023 Images Funny  Wishes HD | Funny wishes, Happy new year 2014, New year wishes quotes

Hello, hello! Welcome to Years 8and 9 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum  )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Curious about the past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Community Challenges (These Can Help You Use Your Stash):

Spoiler

Re: 2022 & 2023 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

🤔 hmmm…. me thinks a new thread is needed 

Re: 2022 & 2023 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Yesss @ElleElleG! 👍🏼 

On it 💪🏾 @itsfi 

I just realized I haven't made a purchase this month at all, even with all the coupons and sales thrown at me on the daily. Still overbought for the year, I'm sure but it's a baby step for me LOL. 

I'm posting again and bumping this thread because I have NOT been following my own advice

Yes, I still have my lists and have been following them. I've even gone into one of them and removed some things. My problem is that life has lately been looking like a bad scene from Confessions of a Shopaholic (minus a Derek Smeeth) 😆

Avoiding the siren calls of stores...Avoiding the siren calls of stores...

This Sephora sale was only supposed to be like a little treat for myself, but this morning I realized that I'm only 1,013 pts away from the 2,500 pts needed for another Rouge Reward. I've been going through my purchases on Sephora, and...

confessions-of-a-shopaholic-900

I've blown the rest of my beauty budget for the year 😭 I'd just gotten a reward + I know that I only had around 50 points left!!

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 5.05.01 PM.png

I know that you all can't help, but I'm posting to vent and for accountability so I won't spend another dime. I have the audacity to have 3 more items in my cart right now!!! I'm going to remove them.

@furbie , it's ok .  We all have been there.

Don't spend for a Rouge reward.  Look for sales at direct brands and wait for multiplier days, too

Or, if you haven't, sign up for the points challenge.  There are a couple that don't involve spending.

Thank you @danielledanielle ‌😊‌ My goal wasn't to quickly get another Rouge Reward, I just wanted stuff. I normally try to wait on the point multiplier days and for Sephora to have a multiplier on something I actually want to buy, but this has been a crazy week. It is hard to believe that I spent that much in one week. That lack of control tells me there is a bigger issue that I need to address 😥 

I live in the boonies, aka hours away from the closest Sephora store, so I cannot finish the 2nd challenge. It's okay. There isn't anything else that I'll be needing for quite some time. Plus, I'll have packages rolling in for another week. 

I'll post here if I'm about to give in to my urges.

Trying to buy things for loved ones and being wooed by the sales and gift sets of things you wanted for yourself can be challenging. My Sephora cart was $796 a few days ago. Now, it's under $200 😅

I often look for ways to save money when I'm going to be doing a lot of shopping. I've posted a thread: Sunday Riley DISCOUNT 

Over the weekend, I grabbed enough items at Macy's for an aunt, uncle, 5 cousins, my last living granny, and mother to all have multiple gifts. I cannot believe that I'm almost done!

This will make it much easier to stick to my monthly budget for the rest of the year. Writing things down helps. I have a note on my phone with all of my gift recipients' names and each item I plan to buy for them. This note/list is saved to my home screen so that I'm always cognizant of what I'm spending dinero on.

"...making his list, checking it twice...🎄

I'll continue to cross off items as they're bought.

Lists are sooooo important for accountability.

@furbie That’s super impressive that you have your holiday shopping nearly finished this early! 👏🏻 I mean, it’s not even Halloween yet 😯 and that’s a great way to organize your shopping list to specify a gift for each recipient. Thanks for sharing these tips 👍🏻 

Thank you @lmaster & @Guessgal 💕

I'm someone who gets distracted easily and is sometimes forgetful, so I make lists as a reminder of where I am regarding a goal. In this case, my top list is titled the "Nice List" 😆

This is something I'll try to keep up in the upcoming years: buying things when I see them on sale at random times throughout the year. Try it out!

That's a great idea!! @furbie 

I see Sephora is putting the squeeze on me with 19-69 on sale. That is something I was thinking to purchase on the sale.

So far I am doing so much better than the last few years. I haven’t re-rouged yet and probably won’t until Nov/Dec. My Ulta spending has went up a little but not too bad. I’ve been shopping a lot less at direct brand sites. Overall I’m happy with my progress this year and hopefully next year will be even better!

@faeriegirl  that's awesome, good for you! Wish I could say the same 😅

Ooofff @faeriegirl I'm glad one of us is doing good!! I really need to get it together

@lmaster  I think it’s because I’ve been so focused on my daughter’s wedding. I’m afraid next month when it’s over I’ll go back to my old habits.

Awww congratulations to her!!! @faeriegirl how exciting!! (I know what you mean though)

I definitely need to go on a low buy after September until the next sale. But I don't think I really need anything. The only thing I want is the Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara Electric Blue .

@Mellmars1185 I saw @WinglessOne post about blue mascara and thought, ooh. Must get some. I think the brand Uoma? had like 8 colors. I haven't had fancy mascara in a long time.

@Margalee When I was at Sephoria they did an ombre effect with the blue mascara on the outer lashes over top of my black mascara. Unfortunately Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara Electric Blue is not availble in Canada. I will have to find another one. It never hurts to have another shade in your collection, I figure.

182 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • 091287043a227ccbdb2ebdd983ef1b30.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 5.15.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.38.26 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.38.34 AM.png
  • Haul.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.43 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.22 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.14 PM.png