cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The SEPHORiA Diaries 2019

Sephoria 2018Sephoria 2018

Experiencing the first ever Sephoria event last year in Los Angeles with my BIC family was beyond magical Heart Here's the link to some journal entries from last year: 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/The-SEPHORiA-Diaries/m-p/4243128#M63914

As soon as I found out that it would be happening again this year, I just knew I HAD to get my hands on some tickets 😄 I'll be going to Session 1 and 2 for a full day of beauty fun and will be posting my experience here in this thread. If you are coming to Sephoria, please feel free to share your experience here as well! 

I'm looking forward to seeing how the event has evolved in this new venue, catching up with my friends and making some new ones Heart

Re: The SEPHORiA Diaries 2019

Diary Entry No. 5: VIP Preview Party

If you remember from earlier on in this thread, I was invited to the VIP Preview Party the Friday before Sephoria because I attended Vicky Tsai's Masterclass in Houston. Can't that @TeamBIC enough for this amazing offer! Sephora actually opened up a few spots to other Rouge's in exchange for some points, so by the end of it ALL the BIC gals ended up scoring invites! It was meant to be Heart 

The invitation said cocktail attire, and we were all too happy to oblige 😄 What fun getting all dressed up! @ZombieMetroAnt was nice enough to give me a ride to the venue, and low and behold we actually ran into Vicky Tsai in the lobby of my hotel! She is so sweet and said that she remembered me 😄 

We all got to get in the venue pretty quickly after check in, and we immediately saw @KatieBT @BrendaBT @CarolBT and @LexBT . I think someone got a picture of all of us together, but I don't have it 😞 They were all looking stunning of course! We did get to snag a fun pic with Brenda on the swing! 

vip8.jpg

vip12.JPG

After we left the outdoor lounge area where the Community Cafe would be popping up for the weekend, we headed inside The Shrine and were greeted with large empty shopping bags to fill with swag!

Our first stop was the candy station that was being sponsored by Sephora Credit Card. They would give you a bag and you could fill it up with whatever candy you wanted! It was amazing! All your wonkaland dreams come true 😄

Here's a cute pic of @shimmerbait and @heartsmyface at the candy station Heart 

vip11.JPG

From there we were in the heart of the Brand Neighborhoods and it was game time 😄 We all had so much fun going from booth to booth, meeting brand reps, getting samples, taking fun pictures and of course, enjoying the delicious passed hors d'oeurves all the while! Thank you so much to everyone for taking pictures for me, otherwise I'd have zero to share 😄 I somehow got my phone buried in my shopping bag pretty early on in the night (all the brands were being SO generous with the samples!!!) and couldn't bother to dig for it lol. 

vip.JPGvip2.JPGvip3.JPGvip4.JPGvip5.JPGvip6.jpgvip9.JPGvip10.JPG

The event was just so delightful, it wasn't crazy packed so there was plenty of room to enjoy each experience without taking too much time waiting or anything. The event staff were all super nice and helpful, such a positive upgrade from some of the brand staff from last year. It really was such a magical experience. Oh and I even got to meet Patrick Starrr 😮 

vip7.JPG

The opportunity to see the venue in full swing and get to familiarize ourselves with where everything was located definitely helped make the rest of our Sephoria weekend a lot easier to navigate. 

Thank you so much for the invite to this amazing party @TeamBIC Heart, I had the best time with all my favorite people and it definitely got me in the spending mood 😉 😄 Pretty please keep me on the list for life ok? 😄 

@Mcakes   You are the most adorable expectant momma (just like I knew you would be!)

@Mcakes  I love these photos! And your posts. They make me so happy to see. 

Thank you @Samtian Heart Wish we could teleport everyone in! 

Oh @Mcakes , can you be any more adorable?!  Spending some quality time with you was tops on my list (even if that meant a ride to the venue)

beep beep - get in cutie, we're heading to Sephoria!

20190930_162236.gif

Smiley LOL  Heart 

@ZombieMetroAnt what a fun gif! The doll is cracking me up 😄 I had the best time with you and mini Zombie Heart 

Diary Entry No. 4: The Surprise BIC Baby Shower!

I arrived in LA the Thursday before the event because I wanted to give myself the time to rest and recuperate before the weekend actually started. This is something that was a learned lesson from last year because it was so hard to catch up on decent sleep with the condensed time schedule. For reference, last year @Tamara76 and I flew in on Friday before the event and went straight to Disneyland for a few hours then went to dinner with the gals. We were on a VERY tight schedule 😄 I am fully in favor of recreating this longer weekend next year! 

A group of BIC gal pals and I had all planned on coming in that same day so it was really fun when each new arrival would pop in to my room to say hi! @heartsmyface looked like she just waltzed off a runway looking so chic with heels to boot. Y'all, she was in that outfit ALL day! In the airport chasing around her toddler and everything. She is literal goals.

We had a standing dinner planned on the books from last year to kickoff the amazing weekend ahead and we were all very excited Heart @julz385 has been wanting to go to a popular restaurant on Melrose called TomTom for so long, so we all indulged her and agreed to go there. 

The restaurant was so beautifully decorated, if you are able to go I definitely recommend it! 

bicbbs.jpg

As we sat down, some of the girls started to hand out some emotional swag Heart @shimmerbait and Juli had made us the most adorable Sephoria Survival Kits with all the necessities we would need inside an adorable unicorn pouch. They even had llama gummies!! darkiceis and jen143xo had made us all matching BIC lanyards with our names printed on them, it made us look so official 😄 

The food was delicious, and while I ordered an entree the appetizers were more than filling! Highly recommend trying out their avocado purses and spicy cauliflower wings 😮 

After our appetizers, Juli stood up to make a toast to our group. It was all normal until she revealed that there was an ulterior motive to this dinner, they all wanted to throw me a surprise baby shower! *cue all the tears* Seriously how could they just spring this onto an emotional pregnant woman and not expect a puddle of tears?! It was the most surprising and touching gesture from this amazing group of women who have become my very best friends Heart 

They all excitedly started pulling out gifts like magic and handing them to me, where did they come from?!

Best Auntourage Babycakes could ever ask for!Best Auntourage Babycakes could ever ask for!

The smiles on all of their faces and the love coming from them is something I will never forget HeartThis community brought us all together, and here we are many many years later being able to enjoy major life moments with each other. I feel so blessed to know each of them and for them to already love Babycakes as much as I do Heart !

I can't thank each of them enough for the heartfelt surprise, and yes I promise to take all the pictures when she can wear all of your amazing gifts! 

Just wait until y'all see the cuteness! Are you ready for this? *squeee*

Thank you aunt @julz385 <3Thank you aunt @julz385 ❤️

Thank you aunt @ElleElleG <3Thank you aunt @ElleElleG ❤️

Thank you aunt @Tamara76 <3Thank you aunt @Tamara76 ❤️

Thank you aunt @heartsmyface <3Thank you aunt @heartsmyface ❤️

Thank you aunt @shimmerbait <3Thank you aunt @shimmerbait ❤️

Thank you aunt @jen143xo <3Thank you aunt @jen143xo ❤️

Thank you aunt @darkiceis <3Thank you aunt @darkiceis ❤️

Also, HUGE thank you to aunt @ZombieMetroAnt for shipping all this back to me and other things 😄 There was NO WAY I could fit all this plus 3 sessions worth of swag into my luggage 😄 I tried and failed. I'm still waiting for another box which contains her gift too, I'll post that when it comes. It is SO cute Heart Heart Heart

This perfect evening just got me so pumped for the rest of the magical weekend ahead Heart Thank you ladies x a million!!!!

Awww I have no idea how I missed this precious post @Mcakes ! These memories are seriously getting me in the feels! Babycakes and Babycakes 2 are getting so big now - this is the sweetest memory!!!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

Yay for Babycakes's Auntorage!! 🙂 That was super sweet of the BIC babes! Enjoy putting those Cuute gifts to use! 🙂 @Mcakes 

Our BIC members have great taste, of course. 🙂  Those gifts are gorgeous!

Oh my gosh @Mcakes this perfectly sums up night 1 of the Sephoria Shenanigans weekend Heart  I can't believe how much love & thoughtfulness @shimmerbait  put into the Unicorn Survival bags!  Heart  (Thank you, so so much for that Shimmer!)  

Any BabyCakes, I'm sorry Aunty Zombie is a little brain dead - she sent mommy all your gifts except for the one I got you - ha ha ha!  It's on it's way though so hopefully it will arrive soon (in one piece - EEK!)

box.jpg 

Major kudos to the queen of creativeness, Miss @NotCrocker for the fitting Baby BIC logo she made in honor of this momentous occasion Heart (we missed you terribly this year Smiley Sad)

@Mcakes What incredible gifts!!!!! ❤️

@Samtian I am still in shock I think lol Heart

Hi @Mcakes,

How cute! I love all the cute baby stuff! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT these gals picked the cutest things Heart 

Baby @Mcakes is all set! I loved reading about your surprise baby shower! What an awesome group of ladies! 

@bem564 She's got quite the stylish wardrobe already doesn't she? 😄 I was just an emotional mess as evidenced by my face every picture lol. So thankful for all the effort they took to make this happen! 

@Mcakes Love you xoxo

@shimmerbait we love you so much! Heart Heart Heart 

@Mcakes so much baby cuteness 

Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • Sephoria 2018
  • 9.jpg
  • 15.jpg
  • 14.jpg