cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The SEPHORiA Diaries 2019

Sephoria 2018Sephoria 2018

Experiencing the first ever Sephoria event last year in Los Angeles with my BIC family was beyond magical Heart Here's the link to some journal entries from last year: 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/The-SEPHORiA-Diaries/m-p/4243128#M63914

As soon as I found out that it would be happening again this year, I just knew I HAD to get my hands on some tickets 😄 I'll be going to Session 1 and 2 for a full day of beauty fun and will be posting my experience here in this thread. If you are coming to Sephoria, please feel free to share your experience here as well! 

I'm looking forward to seeing how the event has evolved in this new venue, catching up with my friends and making some new ones Heart

Re: The SEPHORiA Diaries 2019

@PrettyPaint Thank you so much for taking the time to read it! The whole day was just so magical and I'm very thankful I was able to go and share it with y'all. I definitely got all the butterflies when when was talking about the meaning of Sephoria Heart 

@Mcakes This is amazing times a thousand! What a great experience! The class sounds great and the dinner looked like quite the meal. It all sounds great. And happy belated birthday @KatieBT , you are beautiful as always!

@CC3616 It was so much fun, I wish you were there Heart One of these days! 

@Mcakes thanks for sharing your pictures and your experience with us. Glad it was an amazing time with great people. 

@SportyGirly125 of course! I am so happy I remembered to take so many pics. Usually my phone decides to act up during important moments lol. Thank you for taking the time to read my novel 😄 Heart 

@Mcakes What an experience!! This looks like it was so much fun, from the Tatcha workshop to shopping at Sephora with @KatieBT to the amazing lunch with members of the BIC community! ❤️

@trishavt it was a true Sephoria experience! Very excited to reunite with everyone in a few months, and it is always good to see Katie Heart 

I can't make it to Sephoria, but weirdly enough, I made plans months ago to be in Los Angeles that weekend to visit some friends from college. @Tamara76 let me know that there will be a BIC meetup that I might be able to attend, so maybe I'll finally get a chance to meet some of you IRL!

@txcatx   Oh yes that would be awesome!   

OMG that would be amazing @txcatx Heart I hope it all works out and we do get to meet up!!

Woohoo!  I hope you can at least make it to a meetup, @txcatx !!!💕💕💕

@Mcakes  Ooo yay so exciting. It will be a blast I bet, cant wait to go too.

@Anastasiya13 I am so pumped! Sephoria 2019 is going to be incredible, and I am so excited we get to celebrate together this year! Heart

@Mcakes  I cant wait....and yay. I am also planning to go to session 1 as ga, and session 2 as vip.

@Anastasiya13 Yay!! A full day of beauty fun Heart 

Diary Entry No. 1: Sephoria Masterclass Tour w/ Vicky Tsai and Tatcha in Houston

It all started with the most exciting PM from Team BIC about an exclusive event that they would be having in the near future in my near vicinity...and I was immediately intrigued. 

As it turns out it would be this: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/CLOSED-Attention-TEXAS-Community-Meetup-Coming-to-...

I have tried some Tatcha products here and there, but wasn't very invested in the brand. When I found out more details about this ultra secret event, I was excited to have the opportunity to hear directly from the founder herself and learn more about what made Tatcha so special. Team BIC was gracious enough to offer a spot for a plus one, and I asked one of my best friends to come with!

I knew one of my long standing BT-ff's would be coming too @Tamara76 and I was extra excited 😄 

We got there the day of and were greeted by this! They literally rolled out the red carpet for us and dressed up the front doors Heart

9.jpg

There was a line for check-in, but when they found out we were with the community they said we were all good and to enjoy 🙂 

Passed hors d'oeuvres were being wafted through the reception hall, and not only were they picture perfect they were delicious! 

15.jpg14.jpg

There was also an open bar with alcoholic and non-alcoholic options:

11.jpg

12.jpg

Of course, there was also a beautiful SEPHORiA- esque photo op area that we all definitely put to good use! 

@Tamara76@Tamara76

The whole BIC crew!The whole BIC crew!

The one and only @JeffreyBD <3The one and only @JeffreyBD ❤️

Once the doors opened for the class, we were handed the most adorable makeup case swag bad (more on that later), and @CarolBT led us into the theatre and right to the front row 😮 

16.jpg

We had a few minutes to settle in before the class started, just enough time for Tamara to take a quick picture for @heartsmyface proving I did in fact wear my boots 😄 

All the BICers right up front!All the BICers right up front!

Then Jeffrey came on stage and we knew it was about to start. Check him out in action:

Literally the cutest everLiterally the cutest ever

He welcomed us and gave us an introduction to Houston hometown hero, Vicky Tsai! I had no idea that she was from Texas. The first of many things I'd learn about her and her brand that day!

When she came on stage I thought for sure it had to be a model there for some sort of demonstration. Nope! It was Vicky Tsai herself in the flesh. She is STUNNING y'all! Absolutely gorgeous. Her glowing skin was just mesmerizing and her warm personality filled the entire room. It wasn't one of those classes where the speaker is just talking into the room, Vicky was speaking to each and every one of us and was so engaging. I am her new fangirl. 

18.jpg

She took us on her skincare journey with her from the beginning to give us an insight on her personal investment into finding solutions that work. While I will do a brief recount of her speech, I highly encourage you to read her book Pure Skin where she goes more in-depth. Vicky was struggling with acute dermatitis that wasn't receptive to the various treatments she tried. Through a layover from work trip overseas, she was introduced to blotting papers that helped her absorb facial oil without further irritating her skin. She became curious as to how the artisans knew the blotting papers would do this, and they told her that it was an old trick that the geishas have been using for centuries. They even encouraged her to meet with one of them to learn more, and she did. 

10.jpg

Through her conversations with the Geisha and doing more research she was able to uncover centuries old techniques. There is a book from 1813 that she refers to a lot that details the process of beauty rituals which is still relevant today. Her company sources ingredients specifically from areas in Japan that are mentioned in this old book and brings them to the consumer through Tatcha.

Something that truly captured my attention was her holistic approach to beauty. It isn't about fighting your skin, it is about truly being in tune with your body and healing from the inside out. She said your skin is so important because it is the only thing standing in between your inner self and the outside world, protect it. SO powerful! 

Vicky shared her 5 beauty rules:

1. Skin care is self care

2. Wash your face

3. If it burns, it's bad

4. Wear sunscreen

5.Listen to your skin. It's talking to you. 

At the end of the class, she took some time to answer questions from the audience and I am so glad that someone asked about essence. It's always intrigued me but something I didn't think was necessary. Turns out Vicky didn't think it was necessary either! It wasn't until her lab handed her a sample of this liquid that she went home, tried, LOVED and asked him what it was that she found out it was essence. She explained that its purpose is to allow any thing that comes after it to be absorbed into the skin. She demonstrated this with paper:

19.jpg20.jpg

Vicky also explained that the difference between toner (which is what I currently use) and essence is that most toners are alcohol based and work well as a secondary step in removing makeup. She then went on to say that if you use a good cleanser to begin with then you don't really need a toner...which...truth. If she could only keep ONE item in her entire line, she would pick the essence. Noted 😉

She ended her class by reminding us that each Tatcha purchase provides one day of school for a girl. Yes, tears were just puddling up in my eyes! All this was followed up with a photo opp with Vicky Tsai on stage. So this explains my face, sorry 😄 She even signed my book y'all! I am treasuring this keepsake forever Heart

1.jpg

All in all I am now a complete Tatcha fan and I can not wait to incorporate more Tatcha into my beauty routine. 

Thank you so much to @TeamBIC @CarolBT @KatieBT for allowing us this once in a lifetime opportunity Heart It was incredible and a true VIP experience. I am now even more excited (how is that even possible?!?!?) for Sephoria now!

39.jpg

More details on the rest of the day in a later post, I'm afraid this is already too long! 

WOW!!!! Amazing pics and recap @Mcakes! Sounds like so much fun!!! Sorry I'm late to the party... haven't seen your thread until now. Yikes!

No worries @veronika23 , threads get easily buried nowadays lol. I'm so glad you stumbled upon it Heart I wish you were coming! 

Yeah they do get buried... too easily... 🙄🙄🙄  I wish I was going too!🖤🖤🖤 @Mcakes 

Excellent recap, @Mcakes !  Saturday was perfect and I am also even more excited about Sephoria in September now!!!!💗

Also, we need to get necklaces that say BT-FFs!😉💗💗💗

@Tamara76 @Mcakes  i read that and thought you abbreviated ffs and not FFs and was like YEAH sassy!!!  😂😅

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • Sephoria 2018
  • 9.jpg
  • 15.jpg
  • 14.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 12.jpg
  • @Tamara76
  • The whole BIC crew!
  • The one and only @JeffreyBD <3