cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: April 2022 Edition!

Monthly Favorites - April 2022Monthly Favorites - April 2022

April - what a whirlwind month! It really whizzed by, didn’t it? I hope you at least got the chance to stop, shop, swatch, and shower yourself with goodies from this month’s epic Spring Savings Event. (And if not, that’s okay – maybe you’re out here trying to save, and we admire your strength). So whether you splurged on some beauty newness, or saved by dipping into your existing beauty stash, let’s talk about those April favorites!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Time to share your own April favorites! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products (new faves or old stand-bys) have you been loving this month? Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2022 Edition!

Oh how I love Glowscreen too @Loretta55 ! Gives such a natural glow I think! I’ve not tried Unseen yet. 

Ha ha that is both funny and quite a relief, @Loretta55

LOL @eshoe !

I grabbed it by accident @CookieGirl1. It was a very pleasant surprise how glowy I looked. It was just the right amount of glow and very natural looking.

Forgot to do this last week, oops... 

A small roundup of monthly favorites for April 2022.A small roundup of monthly favorites for April 2022.

Eucerin Age Defense Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 - Recommended by a friend who shares my eye issues. This new chemical sunscreen has a moisturizing cream/lotion texture that doesn’t run into my eyes when applied to that part of my face. I like that it contains sodium hyaluronate, but I care more that it contains licorice root, one of my skin’s favorite soothers. It doesn’t feel siliconey, though it does contain dimethicone. It applies with a moderately shiny finish settles as a radiant glow on me. Eucerin also recently released a new water resistant chemical sunscreen; this is me reminding myself to try that one. 

Vanicream Antiperspirant/Deodorant - Hooray, I can use an antiperspirant again! I stopped using them a few years ago because: 
Spoiler
My armpits suddenly became sensitive to my usual antiperspirants. After ruling various things out, aluminum salts seemed to be the culprit—and that bummed me out because aluminum's not a dangerous topical ingredient (despite what natural deodorant brands claim), and I loved not being so sweaty under my arms. I went through lots of trial and error (painful error in a few cases) to find a natural deodorant that works well for me. That’s how I wound up using Routine deodorants, which I still like. 

Meanwhile, my dermatologist insisted my skin sensitivity was likely caused by something else in my old products. He recommended Vanicream’s antiperspirant. I was skeptical but it seems he was right: this antiperspirant causes no irritation. 
This antiperspirant is fragrance-free. When applied after my PM shower and allowed to work its magic overnight, it keeps me stink-free the next day. Well, unless I’m very active that day, in which case I’ll top it off in the morning with a bit of Routine deodorant—but now I can use less of that than usual. 

PAT McGRATH LABS Bridgerton SatinAllure™ Lipstick Infatuation - I wore this a lot after it arrived. I also bought and love shade Elson 5, but Infatuation’s the one I kept reaching for. The SatinAllure formula’s not the same as my beloved discontinued LuxeTrance satin cream lipstick, but it’s comfy on my lips and the color’s buildable. If the shade range expands, I’ll consider buying more of this lipstick. 

LynBDesigns thermal nail polishes - These are my first thermals and I’ve had fun with them. Two of them are beautiful in person. The third one is super fun when used solo or as a topper. All three change color when my nails/fingers are cold, whether my nails are long or short. A few photos to demonstrate: 
Spoiler
Thermals on index, middle, and ring nails.Thermals on index, middle, and ring nails.Thermals in ombre action.Thermals in ombre action.Left hand; my right hand mirrors it.Left hand; my right hand mirrors it.
e.l.f. All The Feels Facial Oil - I started using this strictly as a nail and hand oil after finishing my last bottle of The Ordinary 100% rose hip oil. This e.l.f. oil also contains rose hip oil, plus jojoba, squalane, sunflower, grape, and meadowfoam seed oils. Unlike e.l.f.’s Nourishing Facial Oil (which I still occasionally use on my face), All The Feels contains hemp and carrot oils plus carrot extract and aloe vera. All that stuff makes this oil very hydrating. I always top it with hand cream or body lotion, and my hands stay well moisturized for hours. Before using All The Feels, I wasn’t very consistent about reapplying any oil—especially around my nails—throughout the day after washing my hands. But this is an oil I actually enjoy using for the effect it has on my skin, so I use it often. I need to get an empty nail oil pen or rollerball vial to fill with this oil, so I can use it away from home. 

@WinglessOne, the Vanicream deodorant sounds good. I have one of their ointments in the house at all times and will have to check out their deodorant at some point.

@itsfi  Be sure to look for the antiperspirant, not the deodorant.* Vanicream also makes a separate deodorant that's not an antiperspirant (contains no aluminum), but it's fragrance free and does absolutely nothing for me. Not sure why Vanicream labels their antiperspirant as both that and deodorant since it contains no fragrance or baking soda, but it's really an antiperspirant. 

I regularly use Vanicream's Lip Protectant (SPF 30 lip balm), Daily Facial Moisturizer, and antiperspirant. I also have their Z-Bar but use it only when necessary. Their ointment's a great option for folks who find petrolatum-based balms/ointments too heavy. 

*Deodorants are meant to cover up odors, hence the fragrance and/or baking soda they often contain. Antiperspirants are meant to reduce sweating, which is why they contain aluminum. Some antiperspirants also contain fragrance. But the reason natural deodorant brands don't call their products "antiperspirants" is the lack of a sweat-blocking ingredient. 

Beautiful Spring hauls!, @WinglessOne!  Thanks for your thoughts about the products!

Thanks @tsavorite !

Good picks and pics @WinglessOne ! I’ve not seen this deodorant, good to know! Loving this lippie too, so easy. 

Thanks @Sunnysmom ! That antiperspirant's hard (if not impossible) to find in stores around here, so I order it from Amazon. 

Some of my favs this past month, Sephora sale and otherwise. (I love the CT pink highlighter @AlexBT , looks like glow for days!) 

EFC4926C-D9E0-4784-8097-FFC5BE049AEB.jpeg

Spoiler
I am really appreciating the GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil 0.95 fl oz. / 28 mL gratis so much, ( thank you again @TeamBIC! 😘)  I am very sensitive to oils and my dry skin so needs it. This one strikes the perfect blend of feel, scent and application. I’m crazy about the scent and it makes my makeup apply so easily. The glow it gives underneath is so subtle yet perfectly even. My hands just love the excess of it as well. I will rebuy this for certain! 

#Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL shows up every month as my holy grail both on it’s on and blended with any tinted moisturizers. Not sticky, love the scent, glowy! Perfection. 

As my eyes are also sensitive ( hmm a theme, ugh) finding the correct concealer is always such a challenge. Bobbi Brown Skin Color Corrector & Brightening Concealer Stick Light Bisque serves the best compromise as both corrector and concealer. This shade works out to brighten while covering my dark circles and is lightly illuminating in the best light formula. No creasing so far, loving it! 

I added another shade of Saie Dew Blush Blendable Liquid Blush Chilly during the sale because Dreamy is worn on the regular. These blend like a dream whether worn alone or under a light blush or highlighter. This brand- Does. Not. Fail! 💞

List wouldn’t be complete without some red lippie and this month I’ve been layering Dior Dior Addict Lip Tint 771 Natural Berry under all of my regular red shades. It gives a good translucent tint on its own but when a lip is applied over it makes a magical combination that lasts so long. Any shade will do tho red…!💄

Other products include Hermes blush, DVN refillable lip, Trinny eye shadow cream. 

@Sunnysmom, the GXVE oil is wonderful! ♥️

It truly is @itsfi . I am loving it more and more and now so is my neck! 😄

@Sunnysmom beautiful! love the color story happening with these faves 🌺

Thank you so much @AlexBT , yes to all the pinks forever! 😘

Oh drat for that dry skin, @Sunnysmom! The GXVE sounds like such a great compliment for it, though. Hurrah for that🙌🏼 (P.s. I love your photo, too!)

Ha thanks @eshoe yup !  I used to think oh good not oily but now I think “oh good, wrinkles “ 😳😭This oil has gotten better and better it seems , so impressed as I thought originally it would be my least fav!  So glad I tried it some more ☺️. 

It sounds like perseverance paid off, @Sunnysmom 😉

@Sunnysmom ,

Beautiful photo!  Great looking haul!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • Thermals on index, middle, and ring nails.
  • Thermals in ombre action.
  • Monthly Favorites - April 2022
  • 4475508F-150F-4EF0-A448-8ED1B2EE06E7.jpeg
  • D484642A-F5B8-4D54-90BA-55E991E47EFE.jpeg
  • April 2022 favorites.jpg
  • A7671ED2-4144-41BB-94A0-44540F978F03.jpeg
  • IMG_20220429_084255995_BURST000_COVER.jpg
  • D6AFE6A3-15FB-40FB-A130-D388E33D5223.jpeg
  • April 2022 Favorites
  • 88839EB0-E61C-48B9-B1AA-BC174CD36B90.jpeg
  • 32EFA7BC-A897-4180-B8F3-4C9A66F0F6DB.jpeg
  • I don't think I'll EVER get tired of this candle!
  • (Stock pic) "It's All So Magical" from Polished for Days is so different from my other polishes but it really DOES look magical, especially in sunlight.
  • Left hand; my right hand mirrors it.
testing