cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: April 2022 Edition!

Monthly Favorites - April 2022Monthly Favorites - April 2022

April - what a whirlwind month! It really whizzed by, didn’t it? I hope you at least got the chance to stop, shop, swatch, and shower yourself with goodies from this month’s epic Spring Savings Event. (And if not, that’s okay – maybe you’re out here trying to save, and we admire your strength). So whether you splurged on some beauty newness, or saved by dipping into your existing beauty stash, let’s talk about those April favorites!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Time to share your own April favorites! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products (new faves or old stand-bys) have you been loving this month? Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2022 Edition!

Thanks so much @tsavorite ! 😘

I only had a few standout favs this month:

I don't think I'll EVER get tired of this candle!I don't think I'll EVER get tired of this candle!(Stock pic) "It's All So Magical" from Polished for Days is so different from my other polishes but it really DOES look magical, especially in sunlight.(Stock pic) "It's All So Magical" from Polished for Days is so different from my other polishes but it really DOES look magical, especially in sunlight.

I also rediscovered my love for the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original (which I was originally gifted by @TeamBIC awhile back) but I missed it and needed to repurchase it this month.

My last favorite is the #Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’71 Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 3.0 oz/ 90 mL, which I picked up during the Sephora Spring Savings Event.  Have I been living under a rock?!  This scent is AMAAAAAAZING!  It reminds me of Summer in the best way possible and right now when our weather here is still gray and rainy I really appreciate a reminder that warmer, sunnier days are (hopefully) coming soon.

@CookieGirl1, I can see why that nail polish is a favorite - it’s gorgeous! I instinctively think of you whenever I see that B&BW banana Bundt cake candle - it’s “cookigirl1’s candle” in my mind now. 😀 

@itsfi Lol, I love it that you think of me 😂🍌

That nail polish is gorgeous @CookieGirl1.

Thanks, @Loretta55!  I actually threw it on last night--I found myself just wanting to wear it again :).

That nail polish shades looks so pretty for spring, @CookieGirl1!

@quspork it's a fun one, @quspork!

@CookieGirl1 yesssss channel that summer energy any way you can! and love that the tatcha lip mask has become a continued favorite!

@AlexBT I'm not sure whether to be thankful or dismayed that y'all introduced me to the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask because I love it but now I'm going to need to keep re-buying it, lol.

Oh wow that nail polish looks really cool @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1 @Great favorites 😍

These beauties stood out for me in April.

April 2022 FavoritesApril 2022 Favorites

Always love seeing a sunscreen in folks' monthly favorites, @AlexBT. I don't always reach for eye cream in the mornings but The Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream is a great one to have on hand for brightening.

Spoiler
I fell in love with the Summer Fridays balm and the Lancome concealer after using foil samples of both these beauties. The Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine # is a slightly thick, emollient but not goopy or greasy balm that glides beautifully across the lips and keeps them soft and moisturized.

The lighter, more liquidy consistency of the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer  allows it to glide on almost effortlessly. It's buildable and holds up really well - it doesn't feel tight or dry and does not cake even after a long day of wear. I like that it's hydrating too.

I love Jo Malone fragrances and my curiosity was piqued by @LCResz's  thoughts on the Jo Malone London Bitter Mandarin Cologne. The opening is a light, but also crisp and bright, fresh, sweet-but-not-too-sweet citrus fragrance that gives way to a warm though still mildly sweet, slightly herbaceous and faint powdery scent. I like that this is not overpowering - a beautiful, light, and refreshing spring/summer scent.

Gucci seems to making itself at home among my lipstick collection, with the Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 203 Mildred Rosewood # being the latest addition (and new favorite) to the family. I like that this has a thinner consistency than most liquid lipsticks I've used - the mousse-like cream-to-powder formula goes on smoothly, wears comfortably and has a lovely soft-matte finish that does not transfer once it has dried down. Additional shades will definitely make their home here soon

It's only recently that I've grown a liking to pencil eyeliners and that, no doubt 😉😆 has been due to the advances in their formulation. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Line It Up Clean 24-Hr Gel Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner Spiderwebs # is my most recent love and is one of the few pencil eyeliners that does not flake, smear or smudge on me unless (and until) I rub my eyes. It's also the only pencil eyeliner that I can do a (very small) wing with that stays in place. Will be excited to see additional colors to the collection.

My favorite thread this month has been the A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com). Thank you @Samtian for starting that challenge! Photography has been something I've been fascinated with for many years, but for one reason or another, haven't had a chance to delve deeper into it. BIC has served as a creative outlet for it and the addition of this photography thread has been a wonderful path to follow - it offers a lovely break from the demands of the day and provides me with lots to think about when it comes to my own efforts to expand my snapping skills. We have so many BIC'ers with an amazing eye for photographs and I've enjoyed looking at their beautiful photos. 📷 I'm sure it will be a favorite thread to take part in for months to come!

@itsfi You are gonna make me cry!! I'm so glad you love the thread!

@Samtian, it's a wonderful thread; so happy you started it. Thank you! I'm using it not just as an opportunity to practice snapping pics, but to learn about other ways to set up or shoot things. Like the whole monochromatic look - I would never think about doing that if you hadn't talked about it in one of your posts. 

@itsfi It's a truly great feeling helping expand ideas for others!

@itsfi Beautiful photo as always! I also really love my Summer Fridays balm. I have the Vanilla beige shade which is still super sheer, but makes me feel like I'm putting in just a little bit of effort - especially with some nude lip liner. My fave "no-makeup makeup" lip lewk lately.

@AlexBT, thank you! 😁 The Summer Fridays balm has been one of my favorite discoveries of the year so far. 💖 The vanilla beige has a lovely tint to it - between your and @ather's praise for it, I would not be surprised if I pick that one up soon.  

@itsfi @That  Bitter Mandarin is sooo good. After @LCResz and you posted I blind buy it and I love it so much. It’s one of the best JM citrus scent. I think I even love it more than Orange Blossom 😘

I agree @blackkitty2014; it's such a beautiful citrus fragrance! There are a couple of Jo Malone fragrances that hold a bit of nostalgia for me, including Orange Blossom, but I think I too like Bitter Mandarin more. 💞 I wouldn't have gone to test it out (and buy it) if it were not for @LCResz's review. It was definitely worth taking a pause on my fragrance no buy to pick up. 😆

@itsfi  Wow, great haul and also so pleased that you’re enjoying everything so much! Can’t wait to hear more of your thoughts on anything else you pick up, love this community!

34 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • Thermals on index, middle, and ring nails.
  • Thermals in ombre action.
  • Monthly Favorites - April 2022
  • 4475508F-150F-4EF0-A448-8ED1B2EE06E7.jpeg
  • D484642A-F5B8-4D54-90BA-55E991E47EFE.jpeg
  • April 2022 favorites.jpg
  • A7671ED2-4144-41BB-94A0-44540F978F03.jpeg
  • IMG_20220429_084255995_BURST000_COVER.jpg
  • D6AFE6A3-15FB-40FB-A130-D388E33D5223.jpeg
  • April 2022 Favorites
  • 88839EB0-E61C-48B9-B1AA-BC174CD36B90.jpeg
  • 32EFA7BC-A897-4180-B8F3-4C9A66F0F6DB.jpeg
  • I don't think I'll EVER get tired of this candle!
  • (Stock pic) "It's All So Magical" from Polished for Days is so different from my other polishes but it really DOES look magical, especially in sunlight.
  • Left hand; my right hand mirrors it.
testing