Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Get ready! Brand founder Kate Somerville will be here on Thursday, August 9 to answer your skincare questions, live. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to chat acne, oil control, and more. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Hey Kate! I have really bad hyper pigmentation and acne scars, I feel like I do everything but they still are not going away. What do you reccomend

Re: RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@Karishhh You need a retinol product in your life! It turns over skin cells super fast to help with skin texture and pigmentation. Our Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz is gentle yet effective and can be used every night to help improve your skin tone. 

I'd also recommend a good exfoliator, like our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment for 2 times a week. This will help exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells and allow the retinol product to work even better! 

Xo, Kate 

I have some light spots on my face and I’m wondering what they are and what I can do to help even out my complexion

@Clarissa12345 I recommend lightly exfoliating for just 1 minute with a scrub like our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment to help even out skin tone. If they start to get a lot lighter, I would then recommend seeing your dermatologist. 

Xo, Kate

What do you recommend for little pimple-like bumps all over the forehead?

@Oliviamae14 Make sure you are using KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2x p/week. This is essential for unclogging the pores and turning over new healthy skin cells.  

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

what can I do for my sweaty face? I am not oily, my face and scalp sweat a lot. What can I use to control this? few foundations stay all day, no matter what skin care I use.

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Hi guys,

It's Kate!  

I'm sitting here with my furry skincare experts ready to answer all of your skincare questions and concerns.

Ask away!Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xoMission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo

RE: Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Hello Kate,Such an honor to get this opportunity,My question is this,In my teens I got bad acne,then I started taking the pill and everything went away,Some occasional break out but then I gave birth to three babies and stopped taking the pill,So I had massive breakouts,Last year I began using your products,I’m using the Exfolikate once a week,Your detox wash every night and every morning the Erdaikate Daily cleanser,I also use the clarifying treatment toner,and the Eradikate mask foam activated acne treatment and the Eradikate Acne treatment.I have lots of scars,What else do you recommend for me? Also sometimes I get acne cyst,What do you think i can do? Please any advice,Thank you so much for your time,I love your products,and they have already helped me so much.

Re: RE: Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@Ghislenne So happy to hear you love so many of my products! I came out with our new KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate® Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment for people with similar skin problems to yours. It's an overnight acne treatment that not only helps clear your blemishes, but it contains retinol, so it turns over your skin cells faster and improves textural issues. This product is amazing for more both mild and severe acne conditions!

Xo, Kate 

Anonymous Insider

Hello, what a wonderful opportunity. I have received prod...

Hello, what a wonderful opportunity. I have received products of yours in my monthly Sephora Play Box. Being a natural red head with fair skin, and also being 50+ mature skin, my problem seems to be very overly dry in places, but I also have acne on my chin almost all the time. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hello, what a wonderful opportunity. I have received prod...

@msjudi427 The key here is to balance your skin! Start with exfoliating your skin twice a week with KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. This will help with dead skin that is causing dry skin! Next, using a product with retinol is essential to help turn over skin cells and reduce signs of aging. My Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz is great for this and you can use it nightly, as it also hydrates the skin! Finally, a serious anti-aging moisturizer is key! My absolute favorite is Kate Somerville Peptide K8™ Power Cream. It contains peptides that help with producing collagen and dry skin. It's seriously the best! 

Xo, Kate 

Hi Kate! I got stitches right by my eyebrow about a year...

Hi Kate! I got stitches right by my eyebrow about a year ago and I'm looking to fade the scar. Any product recommendations or tips?

Re: Hi Kate! I got stitches right by my eyebrow about a year...

@66clairebear So sorry to hear that! Our KATE SOMERVILLE - D-Scar™ Scar Diminishing Serum is a super effective scar reducing treatment. It helps with scarring but also uneven skin tone and texture. It's a game changer for scarring!

Xo, Kate

Hello and Thank You for taking the time @katesomerville! I have been getting recurring  pimples and whiteheads on my chin and nose. I use your ExfoliKate Cleanser in the morning and a spot treatment but is there anything you recommend to solve the issue more long term. 

Also, has the formulation for the Quench Oil Free Hydrating Serum changed in the last year? I used to love it but it feels different now. Thanks!!!

@Aaliaa Thank you for joining me.  For you, I would continue using ExfoliKate Cleanser in the morning and add in EradiKate Cleanser to pull out impurities. And if you are not sensitive to Benzoyl, I suggest using Anti-Bac every other night.  If you are unable to use Benzoyl, I would DermalQuench +Retinol every night to help with breakouts and smooth your skin at the same time. 

The formula for Quench Oil Free has not changed.  Becuase there are natural ingredients in this formula, the slip and feel can vary from batch to batch.

xo Kate

Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL 

Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz

Thanks for this @katesomerville, I've never used Benzoyl before so I will definitely give Anti-Bac a try. Is there any ingredients I should avoid using when I add this into my routine. I currently use (on rotation) Salicylic Acid, Lactic/Glycolic Acid toners and Vitamin C along with hydrating and moisturizing products.

Thank You and I second the request to bring back the Goat Milk Cleanser!

Now that I've entered 30+ territory I have noticed that all kinds of powdered makeups just don't work for me (gets in creases, not cute). I don't mind having a dewy look but later in the day my nose gets greasy. What's your advice for non powder ladies who want to avoid oil around the nose?

@Tremmy We all want that glow, but I know it can be tricky for my clients with oily skin. During the day, make sure you are using a moisturizer that is oil free. I love my Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL because it hydrates while it provides a matte effect on the skin. xo Kate

Is it true that products with oil will clogged your pores if you were to have an oily face? So for an oily face do you need to use oil free products? 

@steph805  If you have oily skin, you don't need to add more oil.  You do need to hydrate the skin, as oily skin can still be dehydrated. I would use our Oil-Free Moisturizer, which has anti-aging ingredients gives a beautiful matte finish.

xo Kate

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpg
  • Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo
testing