Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Get ready! Brand founder Kate Somerville will be here on Thursday, August 9 to answer your skincare questions, live. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to chat acne, oil control, and more. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Hi Kate Somerville, can you please recommend me the best product for dry skin and can you give any tips to get rid of acne scars? Thank you!

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Need a solution for super puffy morning eye bags. What product and practices do you recommend? Thanks!

Re: RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Great question! Here's what I do:

Take 2 green tea bags and steep them in warm water. Apply to your under-eye area for 5 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Then, apply Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior® Eye Gel Visible Dark Circle Eraser 0.3 oz/ 10 mL to your under-eye. Use a cold spoon and massage the area with the cold spoon in inward motions very gently! Eye bags, gone!

XO Kate

Best products for dull, uneven skin tone?

@xelliebellyThe ExfoliKate line! The most effective way to reduce dull, uneven skin tone is with our 2-minute facial in a bottle, 

For daily use, I love our Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL is amazing for gently exfoliating the skin while providing clear, smooth skin. 

XO, Kate 

How do I minimize pores and blemishes?

Hi! Our EradiKate line is amazing for reducing pores and breakouts. The Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL is an amazing daily cleanser for controlling excess oil and reducing pore size. For an overnight treatment, our NEW KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate® Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment if a life changer! It transforms the texture of your skin and minimizes blemishes by morning. 

XO, Kate 

Hey ! I’ve been getting spots of cystic acne on chin that I don’t usually get what can I use or do short term to help ? My skin has been looking shinier lately and I’m use to having dry combo skin

@Sami921 Make sure you are using KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2x a week to keep your skin healthy and clear long term. For FAST results use Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Acne Spot Treatment with 10% Sulfur 1 oz as a spot treatment. xo Kate 

Hi Kate! i have been under the sun for the summer and has gotten very tanned! I have been seeing a lot of changes on my face because of this...a lot of sun damage. would you be able to recommend a serum to help me with sun damage or lightening of the skin tone all over face? thanks!!
Anonymous Insider

what's the best way to get rid of acne scars? And what's a good bronzer for really pale skin with cool undertones?

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@Basketball42 I always suggest exfoliation so make sure you are using KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2x p/week in the shower! You can also spot treat your scars with KATE SOMERVILLE - D-Scar™ Scar Diminishing Serum. We have seen AMAZING results with this product as it is clinically proven to correct redness and scar density. xo Kate 

@katesomerville Thank you for taking our questions today.  What are some antiaging must haves that should be incorporated into a skin care routine.

@mishanyc I always tell my clients if you are concerned with preventing or reversing the signs of aging using a retinol is a must! Try Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz 3x per week in the evening for firming and brightening. xo Kate 

Hello! Love your line. My skin has been breaking out lately. Nothing crazy but some pimples in places I never got them before. I went to the dermatologist and they just wanted to give me retin-a. Do you have any suggestions? My skin has always been so clear and I’m kind of freaking out now. Thanx!

I have a dark patch ok skin around my mouth that I’ve been trying to lighten to no avail. Is there something on your line that would help with this problem?

As well looking for a texture fix to eliminate all bumps!!

@mishli88 It is super important to exfoliate 2x per week. Dirt and oil become trapped that causes congestion and those pesky red bumps. Try KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2x per week in the shower. You should notice a difference in your skin the first time you use it! xo Kate 

Best moisturizer for oily skin!!!

@mishli88 

The best moisturizer for oily skin is our Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL because it has a mattifying ingredient but it also hydrates the skin! You want to make sure your skin stays balanced, which is exactly what this moisturizer does.

XO, Kate 

how minimized pores and get tid off black heads?
112 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpg
  • Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo
testing