Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Get ready! Brand founder Kate Somerville will be here on Thursday, August 9 to answer your skincare questions, live. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to chat acne, oil control, and more. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Thanks to all of you who joined me today.

This was so much fun! I love all of your questions, so keep them coming.

I would cheers to a Margarita…

Instead, my favorite skin smoothie recipe.

Blender

Handful of Ice

3 Strawberries

Small handful of blueberries

Handful of spinach

½ of a lemon

Splash of orange juice

A shot of Kefir, plain

Blend together and get glowing!

Xo Kate

I have extremely dry skin. Even in the humidity of summer I have flakes all over my face. The most forgiving of foundations and tinted moisturizers cling to the dry bits, and I look as though I've caked on my base. I exfoliate 2x a week and use serums and moisturizers, but nothing seems to help. Is there anything I can do differently or some ingredient I should look for or stay away from?

forgot to add, will you be bringing back the goat milk cl...

forgot to add, will you be bringing back the goat milk cleanser?

What new products do you hope to introduce from the brand?

What is your recommendation on preventative acne treatments in your line?

@rcornbart Make sure you have a great cleanser and are using it twice a week! I love using Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL in the morning and Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL in the evening. I also love adding chlorophyll to my water so I am staying hydrated and healthy from the inside out! xo Kate  

My skin has been my biggest insecurity for a long time. I'm 24 and I've had noticeable acne for at least 10 years. I always have breakouts, mostly on my cheeks and jawline. I have general redness around those areas from scarring. I dry out easily, the skin on my face is just generally dull and uneven. I spend hours trying to find a skincare regime and end up getting overwhelmed and quit. Underneath all this mess I have freckles and fair skin that I would love to show off without having to cover it up with heavy foundation. any recommendations??

@7Sami Great question. We treat so many different types of acne at my clinic. For my clients who dry out easily I always use KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate™ Mask Foam-Activated Acne Treatment . It treats while it nourishes the skin. Use it a couple times a week. You also can just use it on the areas that are breaking out. Hope this helps! xo Kate 

How would you remove or lighten sunspots?

@itscarin This is one of my most asked questions! Most importantly you have to use a good SPF! Especially when trying to correct sun damage. Try KATE SOMERVILLE - UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray and use it daily! For the sun damage itself try Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz. It will help to lighten and brighten the sun damage while it firms the skin. Hope this helps! xo Kate 

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

I have texture on my face what do you recommend?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@Francess7 It is super important to exfoliate at least 2x per week. Try KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment in the shower with steam. The steam will help activate the fruit enzymes and open up the pores. I start every facial with this at my clinic. Hope this helps! xo Kate

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

Please tell us you’re bringing back the goat milk cleanser!!!!

YAY! How awesome! I am new to the line whats the best single product for anti-aging?(If you can give just 1,lol) wondering what I should invest in!

@MeganFROMOK I always tell my friends if I was stranded on a desert island I would take Kate Somerville DermalQuench® Hyaluronic Acid Hydration Treatment 2.5 oz AND Kate Somerville Peptide K8™ Power Cream . These are both game changers. If I had to pick one it would be Deep Tissue Repair. xo Kate 

You're a doll!! thank you so much for answering my questi...

You're a doll!! thank you so much for answering my question 😁😁

Is there any ingredients I should avoid using when I add Anti-Bac into my routine. I currently use (on rotation) Salicylic Acid, Lactic/Glycolic Acid toners and Vitamin C along with hydrating and moisturizing products. @katesomerville

Thank You and I second the request to bring back the Goat Milk Cleanser!

@Aaliaa Try to alternate the days you are using Anti Bac Clearing lotion. These are all very active so you don't want to over treat the skin. Make sure you are putting the LOVE back into the skin by using a good moisturizer to help balance all the treatments. xo Kate 

Thanks @katesomervillee, now to get Canada to allow Anti-Bac!

Do you have any advice for lifting hooded eyelids?  I don’t want to do anything invasive, and am wondering if topical can do much or if I should invest in a microcurrent device to use at home or some other office treatment.  This is my second question posted - sorry/thank you!!

112 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpg
  • Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo
testing