Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

acne scar treatment

hello!! i’ve had some pretty bad acne over the years and have been on accutane twice because of it. my skin is the best it’s ever been now, but i have a few pretty dark scars along with redness and hyperpigmentation that just won’t go away. i’ve tried retin a and other topicals prescribed by my dermatologist, but my skin always gets terribly dry no matter how much moisturizer i put on. i use the Supergoop! Superscreen Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL anytime i go outside. anyways, i’ve been thinking about purchasing the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum . i’ve read so many great things about it, but i’ve also read that it can cause skin purging from the use of a new active ingredient. almost everyone that said their skin purged explained that they used the product every morning and night, but i plan to only use it 3-4 times a week. has anyone used this product for scars? if so, what was your experience like?

Re: acne scar treatment

Niacinamide helps with wrinkles, fine lines & moisture barrier. Absolutely NO purging associated with it. So…a gentle Retinol WITH Niacinamide might do WONDERS for your acne scars & keep your skin incredibly moisturized! And you don’t have to spend a lot; look at CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum. Just use a pea sized amount over your whole face every 3/4 nights for the first 2 months, then go every other night because you said your skin is reactive. Good luck! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing