cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Moisturizer

I have combo skin that is very sensitive if I use the wrong product or too many products I can break out or I will have something that looks like an 'allergic reaction' type feeling because my skin gets so dried out and gross. I have been searching for a moisturizer that reduces redness that kinda gives my skin a 'dewy' look but not oily. Any suggestions? 

Re: Moisturizer

I have the exact same problem!! I recently switched moisturizers because of this, and have started using the Clinique Dramtically Different moisturizer! It keeps skin moisturized without being dry, and also gives that dewy appearance that you are looking for. Since using it, I haven't broken out besides the stray pimple every now and then, but that was from other ~womanly~ problems. It's a great moisturizer and works best with the Clinique three step facial soap and toner.

RE: Moisturizer

Try IT cosmetics bye bye redness moisturizer. They only sell it at Ulta or the IT cosmetics website but it's great

I use Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. It's been great to my sensitive skin and it also helps calm redness! It's super comfortable and sits well alone or under makeup. This is the first moisturizer that I've loved enough to repurchase over and over again!

I love the Kate Somerville goat milk moisturizer. I have oily skin with mild Rosacea and this moisturizer makes my skin feel like heaven and keeps my redness at bay.

I agree the Tacha indigo is very good for healing. I used that for quite a while. Like you I also easily break out or get a rash type irritation. Another holy grail I have found literally heals my skin overnight is the Herbivore moonfruit. It has a nice lavender smell-which you know lavender is calming. It also has indigo in it as well. This was my original reason for purchase. It feels moisturizing at first but then almost puts a protective layer on your skin. The first time it did this I wasn't sure I would like it. The results were magic and now I will not be without it. It's my go to for skin irritation or when I want to know I will wake up with smooth irritation free skin. It can be layered on top of serum or oil too and still same results. I gave gone through three jars of this so far. Give it a chance and see if it helps. I hope it works for you. I know having random rashes is so frustrating.

For redness and sensitivity I like using Tatcha Indigo cream when I'm having redness.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing