Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe  

My husband and I did a test of these masks this weekend after reading @itsfi review a few weeks ago. He liked the new one; I like the fit of the older one. Definitely great ones to use after some fun in the sun.

How fun, @missy94612! It is great when you can enjoy masking in general with someone in your household. Actually, that is kind of like the dreamπŸ’– πŸ₯° 

If a mask has an unusual scent, or something that I think I am getting, but unsure of, I share it and ask for an opinion. It is so helpful, and another reason why the ability to share scents online would be so cool.

@eshoe  Well, it's good to hear the fit was really the only difference! πŸ˜ƒ I haven't liked the formulation changes in the clean versions I've tried. I agree that a watermelon scent would've been nice! Great duel! πŸ‰

@Shosh85 I am with you; of all of the Sephora masks that I have tried, only these two (and the caffeine/coffee eye mask) would be on my repurchase list. Due to the biocellulose material, these get a pass. Add in the bonus sheet-which I used on my neck and loved, for a reasonable price, and it’s an easy win.

@eshoe  I wonder why they changed the fit between the original and the clean version.  You reminded me I should have pulled mine out this week after I had been in the sun so much I had heat exhaustion. I bet it would have felt amazing!! I’ll have to dig it out for our next heat wave!

@ather I was curious about that too. I was surprised find the clean scent in the Clean version, it’s really ok to be unscented (although a fresh, sweet watermelon πŸ‰ one would have been a bonus!).

A for apricot

apricot.jpg

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler

Dermal Apricot Collagen Essence Mask  is the first sheet masks I've seen with apricot as the spotlight ingredient, so when my eyes spied it in the store, I decided to give it a try. Except for the scent, which smells like fresh, juicy apricots, everything about this mask is what I would expect of most sheet masks - medium thick, cotton sheet coated in a clear, not too runny, slightly viscous essence with a little extra in the pouch to reapply to the sheet mask or other parts of the body. 

Adherence was okay, but around the 15-20 minute mark, I could feel certain parts of the mask feeling like they were drying out and those parts, which still adhering to me, didn't feel like they'd stay that way for too much longer. Like with most sheet masks, fit can be tailored to the shape, size and contours of the face with a trusty pair of mini scissors. 

I think of Dermal masks as filler masks, and this apricot version falls squarely in that category. The mask itself, well, it's fine. The scent is the biggest draw for me - apricot goodness! It really needs to be bottled, either as an essence or serum, or simply as a fragrance. Hmmm.... who will I need to speak with to discuss that?!! πŸ˜Š
Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
Creamy, apricot hued, with a light apricot scent. Those are what stand out to me about the Skinfood Apricot Food Mask. Between the scent on the sheet mask and the one on this kaolin clay based wash-off mask, I was very happy with my morning and evening masking times. Love the fruity scent. For those keeping score, the scent on the sheet mask was the better of the two scents; simply delicious!

Per the instructions, I left the mask on for the minimum 5 minutes (instructions suggest leaving on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off). I felt a slight tingling on the most sensitive part of my face, my cheeks. That, however, dissipated, thankfully.  For a kaolin mask, it didn't dry up or tighten, which makes me think this mask will be seeing more use. For a first use, the mask performed very well. The mask absorbs beautifully into the skin and is easy to remove with a washcloth, leaving my skin looking fresh-faced, clear, and lightly hydrated
Lip Care:
Spoiler
Beekman 1801 Sheer Tinted Apricot & Honey Tea Goat Milk Lip Balm is alright. It's not drying, but it's also not super moisturizing either. It keeps my lips soft, lightly hydrated, and with the slightest tint. Sadly, it smelled neither of apricot nor honey tea. It didn't really have a scent at all, but that's far better than if it smelled bad. This is a lip balm that's fine if you have it around, but it's not necessarily one that you need.

@itsfi, the only apricot mask I've seen before is the St. Ives scrub, though that's not really a mask, I guess. These sound better than the St. Ives. I didn't know Skinfood made an apricot mask.

@nuinui933, Skinfood seems to have introduced new varietals and collections to their mask lineups, both wash off and sheet masks. As for wash off masks, I’ve only used the strawberry black sugar scrub mask (which smells delicious by the way 😍) and now this apricot one - gentle but effective seems to be an underlying approach with both and I like it. 

@itsfi Skinfood makes some exceptionally-yummy scented wash-off masks. Even though I don’t need another clay mask, you make it sound almost too good to resist!

@eshoe, the clay in this apricot mask is super gentle. I wouldn't have thought it included kaolin clay if I didn't look at the INCI list on this one. 

@itsfi  I've never used a mask from this brand because I've heard they're all pretty much just filler masks, but I'd buy this one based off the scent alone πŸ˜† Apricots are like pumpkins to me... I don't like the taste but I do like the scent! 

@Shosh85, I’ve only tried a few of these Dermal mask; they were part of past sub boxes. They were okay; the scent on this apricot mask takes it a smidge above β€œjust okay.” Amazon has a set of 10 of just the apricot ones and I’m toying with the idea of picking those up during my next sheet mask haul, just to wring the serum out of all the sheet masks, into a separate jar. πŸ˜† Will have to calculate if that makes $$ sense first though. 

@itsfi  I wish all masks smelled like they should! Glad you like this as a filler mask!

@ather, I hear ya! I was happy this one smelled like apricots! 

@itsfi the scent sounds excellent!! Especially in the summer

@lmaster, I kept poking my nose into the packet to pick up the scent. Lol.

Peach & Lily is having its summer sale this weekend, with selected products discounted up to 50%. No code necessary. 

Peach and lily sale.jpgpandl sale.JPG

Fine print:

Spoiler
*No promo code necessary. Available while supplies last. – all sales are final. Offer subject to change at any time and without notice. Must add $75 worth of items to cart to automatically receive (12) free samples. Sale ends 7/5/2021 at 11:59pm EST.

I'm a fan of the Original Glow Sheet Mask. @Shosh85, the peach slices masks are on sale (about 40% off), including the brightening (yuzu) one you like. @eshoe, I imagine you have "a few" masks you're looking to pick up since your no-buy is behind you (congrats!); not sure if any of the ones on sale are on your list, but it might be worth a look. 

Happy shopping maskers! 

@itsfi  Thanks for the heads up! I do love that Yuzu one! I just wish there wasn't a $50 minimum for free shipping... I definitely don't need $50 in masks, πŸ˜‚ but they do have other products I've been interested in!

Yeah @Shosh85, that minimum spend for free shipping can be a pain in the patoots. πŸ˜† They do curate some wonderful skincare products, though my essentials aren't part of the sale items, which is really okay since I have a healthy supply at the moment. Hahaha! 

Where to begin, @itsfi - this is a good start! Thank you for sharing, I will be taking a look around😁

12,363 Replies