Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Oh @ather I am so sorry you are experiencing skin troubles again! I hope some gentle care will help nurture it back to health. Sounds like this was a good start πŸ™‚

@eshoe  Thank you!! It’s much better now. I’m curious if I damaged my skin or it was actually a childhood disease I caught. I’m back better but I am definitely going to baby my skin for another month before I try using anything strong. 

@ather, ahhhh, Mediheal! There have been far more Mediheal masks I have liked, even loved, than ones that have been 'meh' and even fewer that have been complete passes. There are a couple from this series that I have yet to try - this one and the tea tree one. That's fantastic that the mask fit you perfectly - fit is always the "off" factor for me so when I hear that a sheet masks fits someone, anyone, well, I get super excited for them. πŸ˜ 

Sorry your skin is acting up. Ugh. It's good to hear this made your skin feel good. Hope your skin recovers well and soon.

@ather  Awww, I hope your skin heals soon! It sounds like the fit was excellent on this one. I looked it up, and apparently it contains hydrolyzed animal placenta extract. I guess that doesn't really tell you where the placenta came from, but I read that most animal placenta in skincare comes from sheep. 

@ather @This sounds like it was great for you! Sorry to hear your skin is having a tough time! Hopefully it will be back in order soon

@Kim888  Thank you. I’m not sure why it’s being like this lately. So frustrating tho. 

@ather Placenta?!  What do you mean placenta?  Whose placenta?!

@itscarin @ather there are some masks (and skincare) that use soybean placenta. This mask uses β€œHydrolyzed Animal Placenta Extract.” Some masking is not for the faint of heart 🀣

@eshoe  I agree with that!!! I just don’t think about it. 

@eshoe I have a mask made with snail mucus. I’m hoping I forget which one it is so I can use it one of these days. Otherwise, I can’t put snail mucus on my face. πŸ˜‚

Yeah I try not to think of it while I am using it, @itscarin. My niece has a β€˜pet’ snail named Swirly and I can’t help but look at that little trail and ask myself….at what cost? I am willing to slather my skin with slime for what πŸ˜† 

@itscarin  Lol. I know right. I bought this one and was like hmmm not sure how I feel about it. But then I remember about human placenta and I know it’s really good for us. I’m not sure where the placenta came from but I’m hoping it was tested and cleaned first. Lol. I actually thought about saving my placenta when I had my son but because I had a really terrible labour and delivery that kinda didn’t end up panning out. I actually would have loved to see it but I wasn’t even awake when it all came out. So I missed out. I actually don’t even think my husband seen it. I’m sure there was to much going on that he didn’t think about asking for it to be saved. I tried to donate the umbilical cord blood as well but I was septic so I don’t think they could use it which is to bad. 

for the most Perfect Foot mask ever. Seriously this thing is crazy amazing! I actually had to take pictures of the peeling haha. I can't find it anywhere though :'( Best foot mask ever.jpg

@Samtian 

The good ones always seem to be DQ'ed.

@lmaster might love this one, @Samtian! Happy for you, although these kind of masks scare me. Yay for baby-soft feet! 

@Samtian, this sounds like a good foot mask. It's always great when you find one that is perfect for you. Of course then it would be hard to find! Grrr! πŸ˜‘😞 I hope they haven't been discontinued. πŸ€ž

@itsfi Thank you! I'm pretty sure it has been. I can't find anything posted about them recently only from like 2019. 

@Samtian  Nooooooo....you can't find it?? My feet usually don't respond to peeling masks, so I'll be on the lookout for this one. 

@PrettyPaint Mine don't either that's why I was so blown away! I mean I might get a very little amount of peel, but this was my whole foot! Even my toes! Definitely be on the lookout. 

@Samtian  

That's great that you found a perfect foot mask, but boo to not being able to find it anymore!

@missy94612 Thank you! Agreed!

15 Replies