Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi  I'll definitely have to look into it more! ..... what have you tried?

@Shosh85, I've used the Jeju Blossom 100% dry oil as well as their serum. Camellia oil is the primary focus of the brand. Tatcha makes a camellia oil that is quite nice; very luxe. On the opposite end of the price spectrum is Life-Flo camellia oil - I've seen the brand at TJM / Marshalls but haven't seen the camellia version. For sheet masks, there's a camellia one in the Etude House 0.2mm line (that one's a jelly essence). 

Leader’s PiΓ±a Colada mask has such a great scent, @Shosh85. If it could be duplicated, yum! Now I feel like I need to find a good summery balm☺️

@eshoe  I agree, the scent in that Leaders mask would be a great one to duplicate! πŸ˜‹πŸ‘Œ

F is for fruit (dark cherries), fermentation (yogurt/lactic acid) and Farsali (lip mask). Unicorns were everywhere in Wednesday's masking time - from the Lush Unicorn lip scrub to the masks themselves, the unicorn mug, and the unicorn tears tea. @sonnydee 
Unicorn.jpg

Spoiler
bioBelle Pink Hydrogel Facial Mask #UnicornShake isn't your typical bioBelle sheet mask which is  usually made of Tencel or a Tencel-like material. As its name states, it's a hydrogel mask, and a 2-piece pink one at that. This one has a subtle crosshatch pattern to it that I think helps with its adherence, as I did not experience a lot of the slip-sliding I sometimes do with hydrogel masks. There was some slippage with the strip covering the area above my upper lip but nothing too problematic. As for fit, the 2-piece design is very helpful and but for it being a little too wide at the temples, this mask fit the size, shape and features of my face pretty well - no need for any adjustments to the eyes or mouth areas either as the openings for both were sufficiently wide. Fifteen minutes of wear yielded a lightly hydrated, plump, clear and fresh-faced brightness to my face. It would make a great choice for morning masking, or before a special event or occasion, if it were still available. Sadly, this mask has been discontinued.  

@itsfi  Boo - another discontinued mask. I am going to do a google search for that tea pronto. 

@PrettyPaint, I didn’t realize I used so many discontinued masks this week. Sigh πŸ˜” I have plenty that are still around so that’s good news.

The tea can be found on the brand’s site - paraviontea dot com; I think it’s available online at Neiman Marcus too. 

@itsfi Thanks! I actually looked at the brand's site last night, and there were a whole bunch of fun options. I don't know if my computer was being weird, but I couldn't find very detailed descriptions of ingredients, etc. I just pulled it up on NM, though, and I definitely prefer the layout. πŸ™‚ 

It’s a loose leaf tea @PrettyPaint. I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow for you.

The Unicorn Tears tea is color changing @itsfi? I checked the brand’s site hoping to see it in action. They make some beautiful teas! 

@eshoe, I found the unicorn teas when I was out of town pre-pandemic. It’s a beautiful tea. πŸ«– 🍡 

@itsfi  Well isn't this just the cutest set up!😍

I'm so sad about all the masks BioBelle discontinued! I loved all the originals, including this one! Definitely sounds like you got some great results! πŸ˜ƒπŸ¦„

Teas, lip balms and sheet masks. I seem to have them in endless supply @Shosh85! πŸ˜ƒ Good thing they pair well when it comes to some self care. πŸ˜‰ 

I’m a little bummed that all their older masks are no more. I had planned on keeping a couple from the original group as staples in my mask library. On the other hand, that means I get to keep trying more masks until I find ones I want to curate for the library. πŸ˜† The new BioBelle ones are fine enough but I feel like they don’t compare to the goodness of the originals from the brand. 

That mug is so cute @itsfi!

Thank you @faeriegirl! The mug has been a hit on Zoom calls. πŸ¦„ Adds some fun and good cheer to the day.

It's too bad Biobelle got ride of this one, @itsfi. You have such a wonderful unicorn collection here though! That mug is adorable. 

Yeah, Biobelle changed up their mask lineup so there’s quite a few that were discontinued. πŸ˜” Thank you @quspork! Most of my unicorn  items have all gone to my niece. πŸ¦„ I still have a few things like this mug; but she’s already called dibs on it for when she’s older. Hahaha! πŸ˜‚ 

That's so sad it's discontinued!! @itsfi love all your unicorn items πŸ¦„

@lmaster, I really am fond of the older Biobelle masks. I have a handful of the new ones and they're nice; I just like the older ones more. πŸ˜£ Also, a hydrogel that doesn't fall off my face is always a plus! πŸ‘

F is for Factr and Fermented 

Spoiler
The beautiful Factr water barrier mask is a very thin cotton well saturated mask. It’s one of those masks that I think has cuts to make it adjust better but I think it was a bit too many - the fit wasn’t amazing.  It smelled a bit citrusy but that went away. It was a bit tacky after I used it but it didn’t last long. Overall, it was nice but nothing I would buy again 

I also got a sample of the new Drunk Elephant face spray. Not a fan - I get it’s fermented but it smells bad and I don’t think it’s it giving me any benefits that other face sprays can’t give with better scents 

97BFEE2A-E802-402E-A9A7-6FCEBC60F4C2.jpeg