Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  Yeah, I was disappointed about the scent on the Ice Cream ones too - the packaging really gets you excited for something good! ๐Ÿ˜ข

I like this line of masks @sonnydee I've been in need of clarifying lately ๐Ÿ˜†

Bahahah @sonnydee "found out you can drink with this on"... but did you need a straw? I'm also now wishing I had picked up some peppermint syrup for my coffees.  Hmmm, how fast is prime shipping this week?

Sorry @missjeanie was missing a 'not' in that. ๐Ÿ˜ฃNow that you mention it....maybe I need to pick up more straws so I can drink no matter what.๐Ÿ˜‚

@sonnydee I support a straw purchase!  I never used to use straws, but bought a couple metal ones this year and now I use them constantly.  Super bonus that I can drink while masking... hot or cold beverages.  Beer through a straw is weird I warn you though. lol

Peach & Lily is having a sample sale tomorrow online, I believe @sonnydee. I wish my CVS sold these online, they are only available in-store here ๐Ÿ™„

Will have to check out the sale @eshoe I liked the moisturizer that I've tried enough to stash away a ds..๐Ÿค” I think it was the matcha pudding one. I have other minis, but have to go with the slow & steady action when trying out new skin products ๐Ÿ˜’insert eye roll๐Ÿ˜’

I hear ya, @sonnydee! boo for sensitive/finicky skin.

I remember liking this one too @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ˜ It's probably better suited for my skin in the late spring thru early fall months. There are a few of these sheet masks that I continue to repurchase; I do wish Target still sold them; perhaps Ulta will now since it carries certain skincare products from Peach Slices. 

Agreed, one to use during the warmer months @itsfi. can you not get them in CVS still? There was only 1 near me that sold them & I haven't been back to check-too much temptation ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜›

@sonnydee, I usually pick up a few if I'm making an order at peach and lily. Only select CVS stores carry them but none of the ones near me do. I'd have to drive to another city and, while my mask stash has seen a significant reduction in size this year (yay!), it can hardly be said that I need more masks. Hahaha!  Besides, if I means I need to make a peach and lily purchase to pick up more of these masks, I'm pretty sure I can find something. ๐Ÿคฃ I typically drop one or two of these masks in my cart if I need to hit a free shipping minimum. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Opening acts, Melting Sugar and Bite, with Hectic taking the main stage at 8!

A055E8C9-A134-4AC0-BF12-ACFEDF6A11AB.jpeg

Spoiler
What a great theme, thank you @PrettyPaint for giving me an entirely new way to view my masks:) 

The Freeman Melting Sugar Matcha Ice Cream was a gift from @lmaster (thank you kindly!), and was almost too pretty to use. It claims to be pore clearing, and contains both peppermint leaf  and willow bark extract. I did notice a minty scent, which caught me a little off guard as I was half-expecting tea. It was an extremely thick gel, and there was just enough to cover my face. I left it on around 20 minutes, and removed. Very pleasant masking with this one. I enjoy these Freeman masks, and am grateful @sephoraaddict918 shared her love of them here, they are always fun!

The Hectic Itโ€™s Pack Time is a repeat, although itโ€™s been awhile. This two part mask has a lotion-like serum underneath a soft mask material that is similar to foot mask booties. It adhered well, one of the rare two part masks that I leave both top and bottom in place the entire duration. I removed after 20 minutes, with no remaining tack. My skin was smooth this morning, so this combo was a hit!

@eshoe I can so relate to not wanting to use a mask because it's so pretty!! 

Itโ€™s ridiculous, @lmaster! I have to tell myself, just enjoy the mask, silly:D

@eshoe  Haha. I'm glad the theme wasn't too strange. I was pretty worried about it. These work perfectly for band names!!

That Freeman mask looks nice! And I don't know that I've tried a mask before that had a foot bootie material. Looks like a fantastic combo, and thanks for the lovely photo!

Itโ€™s a great theme, @PrettyPaint! I had so much fun going through my masks to find something that sounded viable, which was so so much fun:) Thank you for sharing, it will be a repeat I look forward to next year, too!

Awww...thanks so much @eshoe. I'm so glad you had fun.

@eshoe, the Freeman mask sounds interesting. How many uses do you get from a packet?

Surprisingly, only one @itsfi. The gel was extremely thick and there was about one tablespoonโ€™s worth in the packet. Iโ€™ve tried some of the other single packets like this and found that to be pretty standard.

@eshoe  Haha! I love what you did with the theme! So fun! 
Happy to hear you enjoyed all these! The Hectic mask is definitely a favorite of mine! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I checked the date in the package and it was manufactured in 2017, so it was nearing its time, but was still wonderful! I would buy more of these too:)

13 Replies
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg